Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

Discussion with my 6 yr old

I found this talk with my son so sweet I had to share.

We don't have any friends or family who are gay but we are very open with our kids about different lifestyles and different kinds of families. This made me feel like it's working

My DS6 was upset because he is a huge Justin Bieber fan and the kids at school were telling him that Justin Bieber was gay. I told him that he probably wasn't but that even if he was it didn't matter. DS said that "sometimes it's bad to be gay" and I was worried about what someone may have told him. His explanation was that.. If 2 women are married it's good because they can have babies(we haven't gotten to the whole sex talk yet, so he just assumes women get pregnant on their own) but if 2 men are married it's bad because they can't have a baby and be a family. I told him that men can adopt babies or that sometimes women will have a baby for them because they know that they want to be a family. DS said it would be sad to give your baby away but seemed happy with it all in the end. Love that kid
BC Disney Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Good job Mama!
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
f86sabjf
Kingdom Keeper

I love it!!! As long as us opened minded middle age people keep kicking the doors down they will fall.. Great Job MOM
Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

What a precious and open discussion. I am still working on helping my parents be more open minded. DH and I were talking tonight about a homophobic man he works with. He and I both think that it is very sad to be so judgemental when all people are interesting and worth getting to know. Dh is a fireman and just listens to what some of those guys say and shakes his head.....we got a kick out of this....the firemen were all joking about watching "Broke Back Mountain" several years ago. So DH stayed up in the other room and watched it by himself. Then he said at least three guys asked him what it was about and what he thought of it the next morning....of course he didn't tell them anything and told them to go watch it for themselves, that it was a good movie. DH is really cool.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
Desiree1972
Mouseketeer

so sweet!
Old 06-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

This is cute, thanks for keeping an open mind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
His explanation was that.. If 2 women are married it's good because they can have babies(we haven't gotten to the whole sex talk yet, so he just assumes women get pregnant on their own) but if 2 men are married it's bad because they can't have a baby and be a family. I told him that men can adopt babies or that sometimes women will have a baby for them because they know that they want to be a family. DS said it would be sad to give your baby away but seemed happy with it all in the end. Love that kid
You could also tell him that you don't have to have kids at all to have a family. You and your husband were a "family" before you had kids, right?
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
Cruellafan
Earning My Ears

Talking

Tolerant parents make for tolerant kids.
Good job with your son.
Cruellafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #8
wallyb
Love My Stella-rella!
Crocs are Crack for Feet!
On ‘the list’ so treading carefully

Yeah - I think Paul and I ... and Stella ... are a family - and we don't have an ankle-biter.
wallyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: