Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #391
heatherwillmom
DIS Veteran

I don't think we've ever really regretted a dining experience at WDW with the exception of Yakitori House in Epcot. We had eaten there several times before & loved it but the last time, we ending up throwing away most of our food because we just couldn't eat it. I guess everyone has different tastes. My kids, who are now teenagers, still love the buffets with or without characters.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #392
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

At this point, a few come to mind. These are the restaurants that we wished we never even tried. We didn't like the quality of the food or the food choices.

Crystal Palace
Tusker House
Garden Grill
Prime time Cafe
Hollywood and Vine

There are others that we don't like (such as Chef Mickey's), but was glad we tried it at least once - so no regrets.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #393
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

LTT--1st time decent last time we went food cold, server acted annoyed to even have to serve us. Will NOT be going back.

Rainforest Cafe in the AK- again 1st time was good...last time we went they weren't busy and food took forever, not very good, server completely forgot we were even there.

Both happened on same trip during a not so busy time . Everywhere else we ate during that trip was great especially 50's Prime Time .

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #394
TwoAtDisney
Julie

Won't go back -

Fall of 2010 -
Boma for dinner - carved meats were too dry to eat (ham & beef) literally; ribs were tough. Breakfast was good, but never could take the wait for an omelet - ate breakfast there 3 times & gave up every time - s o o o o s l o w!

50's Prime Time - Meatloaf dinner - portion so small it looked lost on the plate; meatloaf had texture of wet cardboard & tasted like I assume wet cardborad tastes. Just a few drips of gravy on the mashed potatoes & meatloaf, making it even drier. The shakes were good!
TwoAtDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #395
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Nine Dragons circa 1999. The food was inedible and birds kept flying in and around the dining room.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #396
ilovebassets
Animal Kingdom fanatic!

50s Prime Time. Never again.

Marrakesh. Just not up our alley.
June 2012 - 22 weeks pregnant at CSR
March 2013 - Disney Magic here we come for eight magical nights!
October 2013 - Fort Wilderness Cabins and free dining with a pirate obsessed three year old and one year old
May 2014 - Back to Fort Wilderness Cabins!
September 2014 - Checking out the Disney's Hilton Head resort for four nights
November 2014 - Hitting the high seas on the Disney Fantasy with one night at AoA first
February 2015 - You just can't keep us away from Fort Wilderness!
ilovebassets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #397
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

There are a few that I did not care for but I wouldn't say regret with the exception of one:

ABC Commissary

The most miserable, horrendous, pathetic, terrible, and disgusting place I have ever paid $$$ to eat at, anywhere. Exaggerating, NO. What I can't believe about this place is I was dumb enough to chalk it up to a bad day and the following year give it another try........ I can assure you there will not be a third times a charm. The only thing I use this place for is the restroom and a Diet Coke in the air condition.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #398
katejay
Mouseketeer

Artist Point

Artist Point by far is the worst overall meal I have had anywhere not just WDW. Food was awful. Wife had the only vegetarian option as we asked if there was anything else and were told no. First time that has ever happened. It was the House made Sweet potato Gnocchi it was sticky and overcooked. I had the beef tendeloin the worst steak I have had on property. We would have said something if our server had come back to our table. I had to flag down a floor manager to have steak refired and then still was not proper. Still had to find our server for our bill. It was early not busy at all. This was last week.
"There is no feeling like the magic you feel the moment you arrive." Our WDW Trips Together. May00,July02,March03,Jan05,Oct06,Oct07,Dec08,Jan 10,June 10,Oct 10,Dec 10, May 11,July 11,Oct 11,Dec 12, Oct 13,May 14, DisneyLand July 12 DCL May 14Jay Kate Chance Denali RIP My Sweet Girl
katejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #399
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katejay View Post
Artist Point by far is the worst overall meal I have had anywhere not just WDW. Food was awful. Wife had the only vegetarian option as we asked if there was anything else and were told no. First time that has ever happened. It was the House made Sweet potato Gnocchi it was sticky and overcooked. I had the beef tendeloin the worst steak I have had on property. We would have said something if our server had come back to our table. I had to flag down a floor manager to have steak refired and then still was not proper. Still had to find our server for our bill. It was early not busy at all. This was last week.
Sorry to hear that about Artist Point. It's currently my second favorite signature restaurant, but I've had some disappointing meals there (in 2008 and early 2009 though). Sad to hear that they would serve food like that, and the service should've been better.

I've had good and not great dishes almost everywhere at Disney, so I expect inconsistency. But the only place I actually regret choosing is Coral Reef. I've been there twice over the past year, and it's disappointed me each time. I think it's one of the most overpriced Disney restaurants anywhere (along with mediocre food quality), so I wish I hadn't wasted my time by giving it a second chance.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #400
katouel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusvv View Post
Coral Reef Restaurant: We were seated in a table furthest away from the aquarium in some ridiculous booth setup where you share a split table with strangers. Everyone was uncomfortable, the food was not good, the restaurant was noisy, and it seemed like it was our servers first night (he was flustered and had trouble getting orders and remembering things like drink refills).

It wasn't all bad, the dessert there was good.
Same as you. We were seated in front of the aquarium in the corner. The only place you can see the old turtle. The only place I think you can take a picture of it! Server not friendly, to noisy, food to salty ... bad dinner:
katouel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #401
katouel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusvv View Post
Coral Reef Restaurant: We were seated in a table furthest away from the aquarium in some ridiculous booth setup where you share a split table with strangers. Everyone was uncomfortable, the food was not good, the restaurant was noisy, and it seemed like it was our servers first night (he was flustered and had trouble getting orders and remembering things like drink refills).

It wasn't all bad, the dessert there was good.
Same as you. We were seated in front of the aquarium in the corner. The only place you can see the old turtle. The only place I think you can take a picture of it! Server not friendly, to noisy, food to salty ... bad dinner:
katouel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #402
roxysmum123
DIS Veteran

For me, Rose and Crown. Not that there was anything wrong with it, the food was cooked alright (warm though, not hot) and the server was the best we had in the entire vacation but for two foodies like my boyfriend and I, for the best descriptive word we could come up with to be "meh" that says a lot. I recommend it as something to try once, just don't expect to want to go back again and again.

I also will never go back to O'hana. The last time I was there I was 12 and the kids drove me nuts doing the coconut races and being referred to as my "cousins"..... and I was the age of the kids they WANTED doing the stupid coconut races. As an adult I can't bring myself to dine here. I think it's a loud, obnoxious holding ground for people who are tired of making their kids behave in public and wanting to give them a chance to get their sillies out. I appreciate that there is a place like this though, and am sure I will be dining here when I have kids who need to hula-hoop during meals.
roxysmum123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:50 AM   #403
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Thumbs down

Our regrets and worse experience list include:

Boma
Cape May (dinner)
Garden Grill
Whispering Canyon

Disney Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #404
laughinplace199
AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs

Tony's Town Square...twice.

We ate there several years ago and the food was not good. Service was terrible too.

Decided about 10 yrs later to give it another try. The service was better but the food was worse.

Never again.

laughinplace199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #405
GSLand
Mouseketeer

The Luau dinner show. I was warned but thought it would be a fun evening. Long wait to get in, and then the food is served as quickly as possible, and not good food at all.
It was like the servers were in a race and had to sling out the food as fast as possible. Terrible service, bland food, crowded tables, herded in like cattle. Never again.
GSLand is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: