Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
Donald duk
Earning My Ears

Disneyland Annual Pass

Hi all,
I had a question about the Disneyland Annual pass. I am more of a WDW type of guy, but was just in DL in march and wasnt expecting to be back until 2013. But as it happens I will be back on the 29th of June. I will be at the park for 3 days and we always stay on property (most likely Grand Californian). I was wondering if it would be worth it to buy the Annual pass for at least myself, and just park hoppers for the other people I am taking with me. I will have about 9 people total going. I am thinking with that many people with all of the buying I will have to be doing plus the two hotel rooms that it will provide enough discounts on lodgeing food and merchandise to just about pay for it self with the discounts. Although I'm not too familiar with the DL annual pass discounts I would think it would be some enough giving what I will spend while at the park. I should point out that I am also a DVC member as well as a D23 member so I'm not sure what discounts overlap. I Generally do not use DVC points at DL. I can make better use of them at WDW. The three day park hopper is about $200, so its another $300 for the Premium DL Annual pass. I was then thinking since I will be in WDW next summer for about 10-12 days I could apply the $499 spent on the DL annual pass towards an upgrade to the premium 2 park pass, which would only be another $280, which would be cheaper than buying a parkhopper with the water parks Disney quest etc.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Jamie
Donald duk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

The AP hotel rates are very hit and miss, particularly in high season. I believe the standard discount is 10% with some shifting deals that come in and out of the website you can grab when you get the chance, but at the end of June I wouldn't expect some huge deal. I don't know what the DVC discount is, but for most places the merchandise AP discount is 20% and food is 15%. I do believe there is a DVC discount on buying the AP though.

Shelby, head My Year With The Mouseketeer
MyYearWithTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #3
Donald duk
Earning My Ears

Thanks, for the info. Two rooms for two nights even at 10% discount is $200 off at the Grand Californian. I think that combined with the food and merchandise discounts will make up for the extra $300 for the pass.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:47 AM   #4
disneydenisel
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

It sounds like it would definitely be worth it to get the DL PAP and then upgrade to the Premier for your WDW trip. I think I figured out that if I spent about 14-15 days in both parks, it would be worth my while to buy the Premier!

I have the DL PAP and it works great for food discounts, except that you have to be the one there to buy the items since they check ID. We didn't always get the discount if my husband was buying food from another place while I was in line somewhere else. But other than that, it's great .

Disneyland since 1963
First trip to WDW--offsite May 1994
Grand Californian 2002, 2004
BCV Thanksgiving 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, December 2013
VGC & PPH June 2011

VGC June 2012, June 2013
Aulani March 2013
Upcoming BCV Thanksgiving 2014, VGC Summer 2015
disneydenisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
alyssa810
It's much more fun on the boat
Must have creme brulee

I was also going to suggest going for the Premier Pass. I LOVE the 20% off discounts on food and merchandise! (if they still have it)
annual trips since 1997! some highlights: 1st trip Feb 1985**1st onsite WL 11/2002: ENGAGED @ MK**Honeymoon @ DLP- NB 4/2004**DVC members and our OKW love affair begins 12/2004**29th b-day@DLH 8/2005**Joel's 1st trip 12/2007 CBR**back to DLP-SL 6/2010**GCV 9/2011 Happy 4th B-day Joel!***ASMu & BCV 9/2012***OKW1/2013***GCH & GCV 2/2014***OKW 2/2015 40+ trips and counting!!

8 Parks in 9 Months (part II)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439987
8 Parks in 9 Months (part III)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post37117909
alyssa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
Donald duk
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the info everybody. Like I said even though I live in Arizona I was born on the east coast. So I am more of WDW fan so Im not as familiar with DL things. I'm the Disney Parent at my house, my wife is not nearly as into it as I am, but the kids love it. So im the one that does all of the planning etc. Although my time is limited due to the fact that I have to run three businesses.. So I am not as good as some of you Dis moms at planning due to A lack of time and B forgive me if this is not PC but you ladies just naturally seem to be much better at this type of stuff. My wife does not work so I would love some help with it but shes just not into it like I am. At least the DL planning is not as involved as the WDW with the dining reservations etc.
Thanks for the help any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Tags
annual pass, discount, disneyland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: