Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #721
chiefee1
DIS Veteran

Question price

also are these news mugs going to be more expensive?
chiefee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #722
smidgy
dimples

I am a bartender. Tea and Lemonade mixed actually has a name. it's called an Arnold Palmer. It's actually popular with patrons not drinking because they are are riding their motorcycle or they are a designated driver.

Last edited by smidgy; 07-16-2011 at 12:13 AM.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #723
anbouk
FINALLY....DVC!!!

New Mug Pics...

Can someone pls post a pic of the new mugs. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #724
chiefee1
DIS Veteran

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
I am a bartender. Tea and Lemonade mixed actually has a name. it's called an Arnold Palmer. It's actually popular with patrons not drinking because they are are riding their motorcycle or they are a designated driver.

yeah, i knew that! some people don't..it's easier to say ice tea and lemonade! i am holding a bottle right now! what about people who just don't drink? what do they drink?
Old 07-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #725
queendisney
DIS Veteran

yay..well said all..

aren't they trialing a mug with a chip in it now, so hopefully when the knots are ironed out it will be bought in to all resorts...problem solved..sorted..
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #726
chiefee1
DIS Veteran

my only complaint about chipped mugs is the wait time between refills!!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #727
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Doesn't Disney make enough profit from all the increases that they are gonna limit free refills ??I am not a soda drinker ,but don't limit my coffee
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:37 AM   #728
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefee1 View Post
the forever mug would just be too "dreamy", there is a reason they switched(money). disney would still get their money and severely cut down on drink pirating! all they would have to do is raise the price of the room like 5$ maybe 6$ a night which isn't that much to gripe about. (i have read enough of these threads to know that people will complain)
Speaking of drink pirating.......I'd like to see Disney offer a tiered pricing on these mugs. A family of four that stays 3 night pays the same amount of money that another family of four staying 10 nights would for these mugs---or the Europeans on holiday who stay 20 and 30 days. It would be nice---especially now with this software---to see pricing for a 3 or 7 or 14 night stay etc ? Who is pirating ? Disney definitely works the system to their advantage and then on top of it claims they are conservation supporters. Just doesn't add up.
I can totally see adding a chip that limits the mug to a specific vacation stay----but when they plan to limit the amount of refills I draw the line. My closets must be filled with like 30 mugs (and this doesn't include the ones I've thrown out over the years). We visit 2-3 x a year. This mug system is just more hassle than it's worth. And I don't agree with raising the price of the room because not everyone wants a mug ? Often times we might book a room for a night or two and paying an extra $5 would not justify us all getting mugs for sodas. I have the ASMusic booked Fri night Aug 19. We're getting in late from airport (10 pm) and just need a room to sleep before we check into DVC. Have no desire for mugs. If they start charging extra for the room to cover the cost of refillable mugs, we'll just book our extra nights offsite.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:02 AM   #729
disadventurer
DIS Veteran

Does anyone happen to know if there is a passholder discount for mugs? It may have been mentioned before; please forgive me if it has. Are they just tied to the dining plan, or can anyone purchase them?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #730
discnewbie
Mouseketeer

Just wondering which resorts have lemonade for the refillable cup? I heard that not all of them do... Sorry if this has been asked earlier, I looked through some of the posts but haven't read all of them -- it's a huge thread!!

Edited to say... we have two little kids and I don't want them to drink TOO much pop while away, I'd prefer they have juice, lemonade, milk etc. more than pop.

Last edited by discnewbie; 07-21-2011 at 07:28 AM.
discnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:33 AM   #731
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by discnewbie View Post
Just wondering which resorts have lemonade for the refillable cup? I heard that not all of them do... Sorry if this has been asked earlier, I looked through some of the posts but haven't read all of them -- it's a huge thread!!

Edited to say... we have two little kids and I don't want them to drink TOO much pop while away, I'd prefer they have juice, lemonade, milk etc. more than pop.

you won't get milk or juice.

the ones we've stayed at have had pink lemonade but we haven't been to all of them

i think some of them have some fruit punch type thing something like fruitopia but can't remember seeing it the last trip
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #732
discnewbie
Mouseketeer

Thanks Kurby! If you don't mind me asking... which resorts did you stay at?
discnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #733
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Many of the resorts will have Minute Maid light yellow lemonade. Some will have pomegranate punch/lemonade, for example, last year I saw it at the Poly.

Like the PP said, you won't see milk or juice for your refill mug. Sadly some resorts used to have apple juice in the soda dispensers (such as Pop Century), but not any more.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #734
daisyduck123
I just love those parmesan mashed potatoes at Chef Mickey's!
I don't know how to cut & paste
Disney has made my family & I "park snobs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disadventurer View Post
Does anyone happen to know if there is a passholder discount for mugs? It may have been mentioned before; please forgive me if it has. Are they just tied to the dining plan, or can anyone purchase them?
Anyone can purchase a mug. There are no passholder discounts.
Jan 2006 Pop CenturyMay 2005 Pop Century May 2004 Pop Century Dec 1976 Off Site
daisyduck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #735
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Thanks Kurby! If you don't mind me asking... which resorts did you stay at?
POP
Movies
OKW
FW
CB
POFQ

i wish they would offer at least apple juice. we dont' drink pop and i'm not a coffee drinker so most of the time it's just water or lemonade if they have it.

dd pretty much just gets water so our mugs really are for show since we hardly use them but can't stop getting them

Last edited by Kurby; 07-21-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: