Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #46
Pookasaurus
Mouseketeer

dizneechic - you have a beautiful family and I love that pic with your kids on a hammock! I might have to attempt to copy that with my kids (or kid, not sure the little one would cooperate!)

Can you book the photo sessions when you check in, or are they better to book in advance? I'm not sure I'd actually want to do one or not but its something to think about!
Planning our 3rd trip as a family to celebrate 5 and 8
January 16-25, 2015 - POR
Pookasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #47
Pookasaurus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Welcome!!!! You will be addicted like the rest of us soon!!!!
Thank you! That is what DH and I keep saying, we'll probably never be able to stay anywhere else.

BTW - my husband works in Downers Grove

(sry for the dbl post! Should have edited but wasn't thinking)
Planning our 3rd trip as a family to celebrate 5 and 8
January 16-25, 2015 - POR
Pookasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #48
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

This thread is awesome!!! We can't wait for our first stay at the POLY
Old 07-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #49
1 Minnie & 3 Mickeys
Mouseketeer

Great new thread!!

Does anyone have a copy of the July Recreation Activities Schedule?
Saratoga Springs Resort July 2006
Saratoga Springs Resort February 2007
Boardwalk Villas September 2007
Old Key West Resort September 2009
Hilton Head Island Resort June 2010
Saratoga Springs Resort September 2010

Beach Club Villas July 2011
Disney Dream November 2011
Disney Swan April 2012
Art of Animation January 2014
Vero Beach Resort July 2014
1 Minnie & 3 Mickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #50
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneechic View Post
We did the resort session and overall we're pretty happy with it. The issue I had with ours was we chose the 1st session of the day and the lenses were still cold from sitting in the AC overnight. If your not familiar with photography what happens is when you bring a nice cold lens into that nice FL tropical air it causes lens fog and our first images were all fogged. The photographer eventually realized this but still, it was time lost. She also had issues controlling the flash indoors (under and over exposed several images, inconsistent skin tones all shot in the same location). While it sounds like I had several complaints, she was a great photog and I am just very picky because in my job I work with professional photogs so am accustomed to nitpicking photographers and figured she should have known better given she shoots in this environment daily. All of that said, all we wanted out of the session was a nice family shot and we accomplished that, so my expectations were met and we will absolutely be booking the session again on a future trip.

Here is a link to the good, bad and ugly of our session:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...view=slideshow
You can see in the 1st images (beginning of the session) most of the issues. Once we got out to the hammocks she was rockin it!

So my advice if you book, skip the 1st session of the day and you'll be all set!
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm also surprised the photographer wouldn't be prepared for a foggy lens in the morning in the heat and humidtiy of Florida . Your pictures are beautiful, such adorable children. We are also hoping to get some good family pictures. The regular photopass pics are not usually nice enough to hang up in the house. I just called to make an appointment and they are closed but I will call again in the morning. We are hoping for a time before the Luau around 5 or 6 pm.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #51
OhdahLolly
Mouseketeer

Wow, Rob! This post is nothing short of amazing all the way around. You can tell that a labor of love went into this, and it totally shows!

Looking more forward to going "home" in a few months!

Poly/2011

OhdahLolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #52
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookasaurus View Post
dizneechic - you have a beautiful family and I love that pic with your kids on a hammock! I might have to attempt to copy that with my kids (or kid, not sure the little one would cooperate!)

Can you book the photo sessions when you check in, or are they better to book in advance? I'm not sure I'd actually want to do one or not but its something to think about!
Thank you very much. The photog that managed to get the 3 of them in the hammock like that had the boys get in 1st and then tossed my dd on top and said squish your brothers. She ended rolling off to the side though so we just went with it. It was quite funny though and I think why they all stayed there long enough.

As for booking, we went the afternoon we checked in and asked what they had open. Surprisingly there were a lot of spaces so we had several days/times to choose from. It was the last week of Aug though so a slower time of year. If you're there peak season maybe call ahead, but if you can't decide I say try once you arrive and if the stars align roll with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm also surprised the photographer wouldn't be prepared for a foggy lens in the morning in the heat and humidtiy of Florida . Your pictures are beautiful, such adorable children. We are also hoping to get some good family pictures. The regular photopass pics are not usually nice enough to hang up in the house. I just called to make an appointment and they are closed but I will call again in the morning. We are hoping for a time before the Luau around 5 or 6 pm.
That should be a beautiful time of day! I've heard the 12-2 time frame is rough, high sun and lots of squinting. Late afternoon and mornings were supposed to be fabulous. And for the record, our fav pic of that trip was actually a park photopass photographers shot of us all.
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Photo0259.jpg
I'm one that lives behind my camera and I wanted to take a trip "off" so we did both photopass CD's and LOVED it! Of course we spent time hunting down photogs because I wanted my money's worth since we bought 2 but it was so nice to be in some family pictures for a change!
*(I can hear the whispering... she does exist...)*
Old 07-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #53
FosterA
DIS Veteran

oooooh, I can't wait to stay here
I'm going to crawl right out my skin if Nov 15 takes any longer to get here!
We've never been to WDW before, let alone the Poly!

I gotta check out all these beautiful photos and figure it all out. I wonder which section we'll be assigned to? Oh, and how much do those fabulous pineapple drinks cost and where do you get those bad boys!?
FosterA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #54
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookasaurus View Post
Thank you! That is what DH and I keep saying, we'll probably never be able to stay anywhere else.

BTW - my husband works in Downers Grove

(sry for the dbl post! Should have edited but wasn't thinking)
Small world...I didn't even notice that you were from Chicagoland....I work in Hinsdale and I met someone on the board that ended up working at the same place as me....now we have our quick little updates when we bump into each other.

You will love it there! Are you flying out of O'Hare or Midway????
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #55
firehazmat
Earning My Ears

Looks so nice. We were just there in late May and now I can't wait to go back. Hopefully next spring........ Drooling and dreaming!!!
firehazmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #56
BeeBeeCee
Earning My Ears

Just Checking in...like the new thread
Old 07-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #57
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Lapu Lapu consumption advice needed

I've packed my spork, but I'm having misgivings about it seeing that it's plastic. I'm considering supplementing the spork with a chop stick or two from Kona Island Sushi.

WWYD? Should I email the IPO? They've emailed and told me to let them know if they can be of further assistance.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #58
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I've packed my spork, but I'm having misgivings about it seeing that it's plastic. I'm considering supplementing the spork with a chop stick or two from Kona Island Sushi.

WWYD? Should I email the IPO? They've emailed and told me to let them know if they can be of further assistance.
In true spork wielding fashion I say double arm yourself and use both!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #59
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Just checking in on the new thread. Once again, awesome job guitarob! Thanks so much for your hard work!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #60
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappermont View Post
2) I know that resort specific souvenirs are on the decline at WDW overall, however from the pictures in this thread it did look like some Poly mugs and t-shirts were available. Does anyone know if this is still the case?
In December 2010 when I was visiting the Polynesian their Boutiki store was still selling Polynesian logo shirts, along with other logo itmes.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: