Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #16
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Brilliant job, as usual GuitarRob! Love, love, LOVE IT. Thanks for updating our little home.

Ahhh. The sweet, sweet Poly.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Joining in the fun once again!

Thanks, Rob, for keeping up with this!!!!
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #18
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Here we go again...
Old 07-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #19
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Great timing!!

WOW, this could not have come at a better time!! What a wonderful and informative thread!! I've been having the hardest time finding room pictures, but I found them here.

We just changed our honeymoon reservations to do a split-stay of Poly Club Level & the Wilderness Lodge Club Level during the week leading up to Christmas!! We are so excited!!

We will spend our wedding night and the first 4 days of our honeymoon in a garden view CL room. I have not stayed at the Poly since my very first trip to WDW in 1979, so I'm sure things have changed! This will also be our first CL experience.

I do have tons of questions, I hope you don't mind my asking

-We just booked our Poly stay today. When should we expect to hear from the Poly IPO? We already heard from the WL IPO, as we booked that portion of our trip several months ago. Should we contact them instead?

-We do NOT want a ground level room. The first night of our stay will be our wedding night and we would like to be on a high floor where it might be a bit more private. Are garden view rooms located on the higher floors of the CL building?

-My parents will be driving us to the Poly after our wedding. Can they park in guest parking? I know they will want to see our room (they haven't seen a Poly room since 1979) & also help us carry our stuff upstairs. Where do we check in for the Poly CL? In the main Poly building?

-My DF wants to go to the Luau. Is it very "kidlike" or would we enjoy it as adults? Which category of seating would be best to ensure a great view, but avoid being chosen by the entertainers to get up and participate? We are a shy couple & we do not want to stand out. It will be the only ADR that we avoid mentioning our honeymoon on!

-Last question I promise! The post on here about Captain Cook's said it is open 24 hours.....really??? WOW!! Is it only pre-packaged foods and non-perishables being sold all night?

Thank you in advance & I'm so excited about our stay at the Polyesian!!!!!

Last edited by minniebride; 07-19-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: spelling
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #20
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran

Subscribing - Thanks Guitarob
Oh so "homesick" for the Poly
Old 07-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #21
Bibbidi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride View Post

-My parents will be driving us to the Poly after our wedding. Can they park in guest parking? I know they will want to see our room (they haven't seen a Poly room since 1979) & also help us carry our stuff upstairs.
I'll let someone else answer your IPO/CL questions. Yes, your parents should be able to park temporarily in guest parking. There is a guard station on the way in to the entrance of the Poly, you will be required to stop and provide your reservation information. They can then answer any additional parking questions you have. Normally, if it was your own car, you would be handed a parking pass to keep on your dashboard for the duration of your stay.

We have found at Deluxe resorts that we are free to hand carry all our own luggage up to our rooms. However, we have not been able to "borrow" a luggage cart from Bell Services to transport our luggage to our rooms. You will need to utilize Bell Services if you want to go that route.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

The front page is just fabulous! wonderful job, Rob!
Who could look at all those pictures and NOT want to go to the POLY!?!?!?!

So looking forward to our anniversary there!!!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Lulu'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #23
Pookasaurus
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for all the great information! We're getting ready for our first poly stay (Checking in Sept 16th) and couldn't be more excited! It looks to be an amazing resort. Our first trip as a family (dh's first ever) was last year (por) and now my husband is obsessed with Disney and insisted we stay at the poly this year - I wasn't about to object!
Planning our 3rd trip as a family to celebrate 5 and 8
January 16-25, 2015 - POR
Pookasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #24
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibbidi View Post
I'll let someone else answer your IPO/CL questions. Yes, your parents should be able to park temporarily in guest parking. There is a guard station on the way in to the entrance of the Poly, you will be required to stop and provide your reservation information. They can then answer any additional parking questions you have. Normally, if it was your own car, you would be handed a parking pass to keep on your dashboard for the duration of your stay.

We have found at Deluxe resorts that we are free to hand carry all our own luggage up to our rooms. However, we have not been able to "borrow" a luggage cart from Bell Services to transport our luggage to our rooms. You will need to utilize Bell Services if you want to go that route.
Thank you! I will be sure to have our reservation # on hand. My parents will likely not stay longer than 30-45 minutes. Most of our luggage will be transferred from the Swan by Swan bell services to the Poly at some point that day. My mom will just need to help me with things like my dress & a few other things. We will not be checking in until after 5pm.

I was just reading through the thread and saw that CL guests actually check in inside the Hawaii building & not in the Great Ceremonial House. Is it a far walk from guest parking to the Hawaii building? My mom has cancer and she fatigues easily, and will especially be tired after a long day at our wedding! I just want to make sure she can handle it-Poly was a small resort in 1979, but it looks quite large now!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #25
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was just reading through the thread and saw that CL guests actually check in inside the Hawaii building & not in the Great Ceremonial House. Is it a far walk from guest parking to the Hawaii building? My mom has cancer and she fatigues easily, and will especially be tired after a long day at our wedding! I just want to make sure she can handle it-Poly was a small resort in 1979, but it looks quite large now!!!
On the day you check-in a Cast Member will drive you and your luggage to the Hawaii Longhouse. During the other times the walk isn't that far because once you exit the Great Ceremonial House it's basically a straight walk to the Hawaii Longhouse.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #26
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! I will be sure to have our reservation # on hand. My parents will likely not stay longer than 30-45 minutes. Most of our luggage will be transferred from the Swan by Swan bell services to the Poly at some point that day. My mom will just need to help me with things like my dress & a few other things. We will not be checking in until after 5pm.

The walk isn't bad at all, but even better than walking, CL guests are typically driven via golf cart to the Hawaii building. Maybe you and your mom can be driven and your DH and dad can walk (or all 4 can squish in the cart). They will also load your luggage for you in the cart and bring it to your room for you. Just check in at the podium that says Concierge or something like that when you drive up, the rest will be all taken care of by them!
Old 07-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #27
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
On the day you check-in a Cast Member will drive you and your luggage to the Hawaii Longhouse. During the other times the walk isn't that far because once you exit the Great Ceremonial House it's basically a straight walk to the Hawaii Longhouse.
Thank you A CM will drive us-really? Sounds fancy! Where do they meet us?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #28
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you A CM will drive us-really? Sounds fancy! Where do they meet us?
On the day you check-in there should be a Cast Member there to meet you at their main entrance since your staying Club Level. However in my experience staying there the Polynesian was the only resort where that never happened for us, so we had to tell one of the Cast Members at the Bell Service stand we were staying Club Level and they called for someone to come on the golf cart.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #29
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Yay a new Polynesian thread! It looks great. We are getting very excited as our trip is getting close. Also I just added another night so now we are staying 8 nights. I did book the Spirit of Aloha for our first night as well.

Also I wanted to know if any of you have done the resort photo session? I would love to book this but they raised the price to $150 and all you get is a 20 minute session and a CD. You get no pictures and also still have to order the photo pass CD separately. Any opinions would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #30
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneechic View Post
The walk isn't bad at all, but even better than walking, CL guests are typically driven via golf cart to the Hawaii building. Maybe you and your mom can be driven and your DH and dad can walk (or all 4 can squish in the cart). They will also load your luggage for you in the cart and bring it to your room for you. Just check in at the podium that says Concierge or something like that when you drive up, the rest will be all taken care of by them!
Oh, it's a golf cart-well, still fancy for us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
On the day you check-in there should be a Cast Member there to meet you at their main entrance since your staying Club Level. However in my experience staying there the Polynesian was the only resort where that never happened for us, so we had to tell one of the Cast Members at the Bell Service stand we were staying Club Level and they called for someone to come on the golf cart.
This all sounds wonderful-I'm so excited!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: