Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #196
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

love all the shirts! that pirate one is so cute!!! i will have to look for it at our disney outlet this week. We have that white toy story one too!

your shirts are too cute as well.

my DH is the same way, he isn't into the disney shirts. however, last trip, i bought him a mickey shirt, pretty plain, grey shirt with mickey and WDW on it. he wore it! I think he didn't mind since he knew DS would love it. Amazing what they will do for the kiddos!

that bottle is awesome!!!! i hope they have those at ours too. I think i am going to call in sick on thursday to go with mom and family to our local outlet mall about 20 mins away. They have a new legoland imagination center and new aquarium opening, plus they have a disney outlet and rainforest cafe, so i totally get my little disney fix there. they always have a ton of great shirts too, including a lot of DL and WDW outcasts. can't wait to go now after seeing your big score of purchases!!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #197
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
love all the shirts! that pirate one is so cute!!! i will have to look for it at our disney outlet this week. We have that white toy story one too!

your shirts are too cute as well.

my DH is the same way, he isn't into the disney shirts. however, last trip, i bought him a mickey shirt, pretty plain, grey shirt with mickey and WDW on it. he wore it! I think he didn't mind since he knew DS would love it. Amazing what they will do for the kiddos!

that bottle is awesome!!!! i hope they have those at ours too. I think i am going to call in sick on thursday to go with mom and family to our local outlet mall about 20 mins away. They have a new legoland imagination center and new aquarium opening, plus they have a disney outlet and rainforest cafe, so i totally get my little disney fix there. they always have a ton of great shirts too, including a lot of DL and WDW outcasts. can't wait to go now after seeing your big score of purchases!!
Sounds like a little piece of heaven and a perfect Disney fix. I wish we had an outlet store nearby...that would be AWESOME!! Of course, chances are good I would spend more money there because of the deals!

I hope you guys have fun. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you score!

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies - October 2013:Bay Lake Tower(Lake View) - February 2014:Old Key West
Pixiedust530 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #198
UsMcWifeForever
Mouseketeer

I am just joining, and have caught up on your PTR, I love the water bottle with the strap!!! WTG on that deal. Loving all your planning. I am also planning a trip (over thanksgiving) I just started my Disney tote and I always end up with sooo much stuff I forgot I had.

****A little tip for you....Stock up on glow sticks and/or Disney themed flashlights or glowing light saber from the dollar stores for your little boy to have during the night parades...Disney sells them but NOT cheap. PS don't forget the batteries if the flashlight/saber needs them...batteries are NOT cheap either
UsMcWifeForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #199
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Great score on the water bottle! I picked up some t-shirts for DS at Target over the weekend. They had some disney ones that were on sale for $4. DH asked why I was buying them ahead of time (I got 3) and I said because buying just one in WDW would still be more expensive than buying all 3 right now! He stopped rolling his eyes at me when I said that

I love the t-shirts you got too!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #200
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsMcWifeForever View Post
I am just joining, and have caught up on your PTR, I love the water bottle with the strap!!! WTG on that deal. Loving all your planning. I am also planning a trip (over thanksgiving) I just started my Disney tote and I always end up with sooo much stuff I forgot I had.

****A little tip for you....Stock up on glow sticks and/or Disney themed flashlights or glowing light saber from the dollar stores for your little boy to have during the night parades...Disney sells them but NOT cheap. PS don't forget the batteries if the flashlight/saber needs them...batteries are NOT cheap either
Well Hello! Thanks for joining in and catching up! I think the best part about the water bottle was the pixie dust that went along with it! The clerk totally made my day.

I know what you mean about the glow sticks...I thought of that thankfully! My boyfriend used to be a DJ and he has boxes of glow sticks and glow necklaces. Saves me a bundle. I also have a few special goodies I scored online, but more on those later

P.S. - I'm heading over to check out your PTR as soon as I'm done here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Great score on the water bottle! I picked up some t-shirts for DS at Target over the weekend. They had some disney ones that were on sale for $4. DH asked why I was buying them ahead of time (I got 3) and I said because buying just one in WDW would still be more expensive than buying all 3 right now! He stopped rolling his eyes at me when I said that

I love the t-shirts you got too!

Sometimes the boys are a little slow on the uptake. Even though I've bought a bunch of stuff already I know I'm still saving a bundle by not buying it all in Disney.

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies - October 2013:Bay Lake Tower(Lake View) - February 2014:Old Key West
Old 07-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #201
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
Over the last couple months I've been doing some Disney shopping. Whenever I have a little extra cash or find an amazing deal I pick something up. I didn't think that I had bought very many things. I have a box that I have been keeping my purchases in. When I opened it this evening and started pulling things out it was like clowns emerging from a tiny car at the circus! OMG...where and when did I get all this stuff? I think maybe it multiplied in the box...like Gremlins in water!

I have one of those boxes too and of course i just did a little shopping for Oct and Jan and i think C-mass too last week online got myself another shirt too

And here it is outside of the cover:

I have the same bottle too, but mine has the DIS green color for the cover but you know I just set it in my DIS box and had never bothered to look at the bottle itself had no idea it was so cool on the inside too

love all the purchases...new Disney shirts is always a must!
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #202
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

i love that water bottle! i think it was worth $6 for the cover alone! Congrats on getting your dh to wear disney shirts. i'm sure it was no small feat! i did the same thing with James and DHS tee shirts. they are just too cute and easy to find!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #203
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Sounds like a little piece of heaven and a perfect Disney fix. I wish we had an outlet store nearby...that would be AWESOME!! Of course, chances are good I would spend more money there because of the deals!

I hope you guys have fun. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you score!
well i did it- we had a great time at Legoland discovery center and our visit to the disney store. I did about $50 in damage, got my visa discount! they had a ton of shirts- but i only ended up buying two for DS- one hawaiian button up with mickey for $10 on clearance for now and a pirates skeleton glow in the dark for the trip! i posted some pics in my TR of some of the other stuff i got. They had a TON of DL shirts, but i already bought a few last time, so I didn't get any for me. I know i want to buy a shirt in WDW, and i have quite a collection already, so unless i found something i absolutely love, i am trying not to buy anymroe for me.

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #204
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Quote:
Time for another update! This is a FUN one!

I had hoped to get this up a few days ago but this update is heavy on pics and I just haven't had time to take all the pictures and get them uploaded. I know I still have a few more days worth of trip details but I'll get back to that later!

Over the last couple months I've been doing some Disney shopping. Whenever I have a little extra cash or find an amazing deal I pick something up. I didn't think that I had bought very many things. I have a box that I have been keeping my purchases in. When I opened it this evening and started pulling things out it was like clowns emerging from a tiny car at the circus! OMG...where and when did I get all this stuff? I think maybe it multiplied in the box...like Gremlins in water!

For our trip I wanted to be sure that Caden had a new Disney shirt or 2, so awhile back I picked up this Pirate shirt at the Disney store:

It's a little hard to read in the picture. It says: Never Trust a Smiling Pirate!

Then just last week I got this on Clearance at the Disney Store. I thought it would be a good shirt for Caden to wear on our DHS day.

I was excited that Caden was going to have 2 new shirts to wear while in Disney. Well.....I COMPLETELY forgot that last year before Toy Story 3 came out I bought Caden 2 Toy Story tees in sizes that he could wear this year. Now Caden has 4 new shirts to wear while in Disney! Here's the Toy Story ones:

Of course...I couldn't let Caden be the only one with cute new shirts for Disney. So I did what any good mommy does...I bought shirts for myself too! They both came from the Disney Store and I LOVE them!

As much as I wanted Wayne to have a shirt or 2 as well I was pretty sure that he would be uncooperative and a Disney grump. A few weeks back we happened to be at Target and they had their "vintage style" men's T-shirts on sale for $8 and Wayne decided he wanted THIS shirt:

Woooohooo: I knew we were headed in the right direction now. I told Wayne that since Animal was a Muppet and there is a Muppets ride at DHS that he now had a shirt for our first park day! He just rolled his eyes at me.

Well, since he had agreed to wear a character shirt I figured I would take it upon myself to buy him another one. Hehe! I thought this shirt was appropriate for the attitude he was giving me about character shirts.

When I brought it home he actually said "I really like that shirt. It fits me well." At least he's a good sport about it!

I have just two more purchases (and a litte Disney Magic) to share tonight. Then you'll have to keep your eye out for the rest of my goodies in a future post.

Last week when I picked up the Agent P shirt and the Grumpy shirt I let Caden pick out a Vinylmation. I mentioned back on my Day 1 plans that I had picked up a Vinylmation for Caden's Welcome Package (Kaa from The Jungle Book: Villians Series). I wanted him to know what the Vinylmations were. I showed them to him at the Disney Store and let him choose what series he wanted. He chose Villians and this is what he got:

It's the Old Hag from Snow White! He was really excited about it and put it on the shelf in his room!

My last purchase is one with a little Disney Magic and Pixie Dust. On one of my trips to the Disney Store a few weeks back, one of the things I was considering purchasing was one of the aluminum water bottles. They were priced around $10 I think and I was trying to be frugal... so I decided NOT to buy one. I got to the checkout counter with my other purchases and noticed behind the counter they had the aluminum water bottles with the neoprene "bottle koozie" with carrying strap for $6 with a $25 purchase. Unfortunatley, I didn't have $25 in purchases. I asked the cashier if the bottles were only with a purchase or how much they were regularly (I was simply curious since they had the cover included). He said "You can get it for $6...I've had enough people say no to the offer today!" Yeeehaaaa....how AWESOME! I was really excited and could feel the Disney Magic. Here's the bottle:

And here it is outside of the cover:

I think it's just adorable...and for $6 it was a steal!

Thanks for stopping by for another update. Let me know what you think of my obsession/purchases! Stay tuned for more!
Aww, your post kind of made me sad. I've spent entirely too much on new shirts for us all. DD wanted that water bottle but I wouldn't buy it when she first saw it. Then when I went in while she was at camp I decided I was just going to get it for her bag and they were out. They had done the $6 thing the weekend before. They had some on their website and I was going to order one but I forgot and just checked. They don't have them anymore.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Parla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #205
momabbate
DIS Veteran

Sorry I haven't comented more. Still here, I got way behind or never caught up. Sounds like a very fun trip. Can't wait to hear more. Love all your Disney purchases. I shouldn't buy any for this trip. I have so many disney shirts that I pick up here and there. Think all my tshirts are disney. Love your bottle. Had the idea to look on line too but guess thats not going to work. Also need to start my ptr soon or it will be to late.
momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #206
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
I have the same bottle too, but mine has the DIS green color for the cover but you know I just set it in my DIS box and had never bothered to look at the bottle itself had no idea it was so cool on the inside too

love all the purchases...new Disney shirts is always a must!
Too funny! Glad you like the bottle on the inside too. I'm willing to bet that the DIS green cover never comes off of yours though!

Since I haven't been to Disney since 2006 I didn't have ANY Disney shirts for me so those purchases were DEFINITELY a must!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
i love that water bottle! i think it was worth $6 for the cover alone! Congrats on getting your dh to wear disney shirts. i'm sure it was no small feat! i did the same thing with James and DHS tee shirts. they are just too cute and easy to find!
The closer the trip gets the more Wayne is starting to come around! We actually went to the Disney Store today and I picked up a Mickey shirt and nonchalantly said "I might pick this one up for you too!" He just said "Okay, that's cool!" I couldn't believe it! I may just have him converted...MAYBE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
well i did it- we had a great time at Legoland discovery center and our visit to the disney store. I did about $50 in damage, got my visa discount! they had a ton of shirts- but i only ended up buying two for DS- one hawaiian button up with mickey for $10 on clearance for now and a pirates skeleton glow in the dark for the trip! i posted some pics in my TR of some of the other stuff i got. They had a TON of DL shirts, but i already bought a few last time, so I didn't get any for me. I know i want to buy a shirt in WDW, and i have quite a collection already, so unless i found something i absolutely love, i am trying not to buy anymroe for me.
YEY for Disney purchases....they're so much fun! I will head over and check out your PTR! I'm sure they are cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parla View Post
Aww, your post kind of made me sad. I've spent entirely too much on new shirts for us all. DD wanted that water bottle but I wouldn't buy it when she first saw it. Then when I went in while she was at camp I decided I was just going to get it for her bag and they were out. They had done the $6 thing the weekend before. They had some on their website and I was going to order one but I forgot and just checked. They don't have them anymore.
Awww....sorry to make you sad! There have been a few things I wanted and waited too long and now they don't have them anymore either. Grrrrrr! Although, it seems like the next thing they come out with I love even more. Who knows, maybe they'll have another bottle with a cover! and for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabbate View Post
Sorry I haven't comented more. Still here, I got way behind or never caught up. Sounds like a very fun trip. Can't wait to hear more. Love all your Disney purchases. I shouldn't buy any for this trip. I have so many disney shirts that I pick up here and there. Think all my tshirts are disney. Love your bottle. Had the idea to look on line too but guess thats not going to work. Also need to start my ptr soon or it will be to late.
No worries! Glad you're still on board. I know what you mean about getting way behind or never caught up...I'm guilty of the same!

I'll keep an eye out for your PTR....would love to hear more about your trip.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #207
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Day FIVE

Hello everyone! I hope everyone has had a nice weekend. Mine was busy but fun. It's time to share our Day 5 plans....the most anticipated day of our trip (at least for me)! Magic Kingdom!

Day 5 - Magic Kingdom - Wednesday, October 19

We will be up bright and early to get over to MK about 30-40 minutes before Rope Drop. I have never seen the opening ceremony and I REALLY want to be there for it. From what I have read, it sounds adorable!

Our day is JAM-PACKED and I think I have reworked our Touring Plan 5 times for this day. It's driving me batty. I have used several of the pre-made touring plans from the Unofficial Guide as well as the plans on their site and tweaked them for our family. I think I have a good plan in place, but we'll see. I have never used a touring plan (or any plan for that matter) in the parks and I really hope this will help us achieve as much as possible on our To-Do list.

At RD we'll head straight to Tomorrowland, grab a FP for Space Mtn. for Wayne and I, ride Buzz's Space Ranger Spin and then head to Fantasyland.

In Fantasyland, we'll kinda fly by the seat of our pants. We'll check wait times, utilize FP if necessary or skip something if it puts too much of a wrinkle in the touring plan. On the agenda in Fantasyland is Dumbo (only if the line is short and Caden is interested), Snow White, Peter Pan, Pooh, and Small World.

Next we'll be heading to Liberty Square to ride one of my FAVORITES... The Haunted Mansion.

Moving right along to Frontierland, we'll ride Big Thunder Mountain railroad if the wait is less than 15 minutes, otherwise it will be a Fastpass!

Next it's off to Adventureland to ride Pirates of the Caribbean....another one of my favorites!

By this time I am sure we will be ready for a break with our fast-paced morning touring plan. We have a 12:45 ADR for lunch at Crystal Palace with Pooh & the gang.

After lunch it's time for more touring. The plan is to grab FP for the Mickey Meet & Greet and then head back to Tomorrowland. We'll slow down a bit for the afternoon, but basically do another "lap" around the park starting in Tomorrowland again. We'll ride the People Mover while our lunch settles and then Wayne and I will use our Space Mtn FP while my grandparents and Caden wander around. We'll catch Mickey's PhilharMagic in Fantasyland, hit anything we might have a FP for (Peter Pan or Pooh) and then head on to Frontierland. We'll use our BTMRR FP (if we have them) and then hit anything else that interests us.

The general idea is to get our MUST do's out of the way in the morning (or at least have FP to do them later) and then do our other stuff after lunch. Things we might do include Jungle Cruise, Tom Sawyer's Island, Tiki Room and Liberty Square Riverboat. We'll grab a CS meal when we're hungry, probably at Columbia Harbour House or somewhere on the west side of the park. After dinner we'll hop on the WDW Railroad in Frontierland and ride it around to Main Street.

When we disembark on Main Street we'll hopefully use our FP to meet Mickey then spend some time in the shops on Main Street before finding a spot for Main Street Electrical Parade at 8pm and Wishes at 9pm.

It will be a SUPER LONG day, but we do have a FULL day at the resort the day before. I also plan to bring a stroller for Caden this day. He doesn't use a stroller at all at home anymore, but I think he'll definitely need it this day! Heck...I might need it for ME by the end of the day!

Old 07-24-2011, 11:57 PM   #208
newmommy_2010
Mouseketeer

Hello! Just finding your PTR! Great so far! So jealous of all your goodies you find at the Disney Store...The closest one to me is 3 hours away! Can't wait to read more!
Discovery Toys Independent Consultant www.discoverytoyslink.com/ashleysdtoys2011

newmommy_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #209
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy_2010 View Post
Hello! Just finding your PTR! Great so far! So jealous of all your goodies you find at the Disney Store...The closest one to me is 3 hours away! Can't wait to read more!
to the party! Better late than never! Glad to have you on board....even with that silly wildcat avatar to the left! I happen to be partial to Cardinals but I'll let it slide since you're a Disney fanatic!

Sorry you don't have a Disney Store closer! Not sure if you're much of an online shopper, but I have found few good deals on the Disney Store website. You might try there! I'll send you some Pixiedust!

Old 07-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #210
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

So, your plan sounds good and has made me realize that I really need more pictures in my PTR. Let me get right on that.
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Parla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
october 2011, ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: