Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #46
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Love the dress and the flowers! Everything will look beautiful!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #47
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Brent's Outfit

Brent is wearing one of these two shirts for the wedding (the other for the civil ceremony) with khaki or white pants. His mom found them and bought them. I think they are great!

He is wearing these shoes (Sketchers Sports Fusion)

Last edited by stl_figment; 07-18-2011 at 02:03 PM.
stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #48
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Alterations and Adventures in Fish Extenders

So after three nights of trying, I finished our (No Sew) Fish Extender for the cruise.

I followed these no sew instructions and these instructions.

Advice to anyone trying to make it. Pay close attention to your measurements. I had to remake a pocket because I measured it wrong. Be prepared to have fabric glue everywhere.

Very exciting.

Side note: After much debate, we decided to put our last name at the bottom (as we will be Mr. & Mrs. XXXXXX) However I don't want to share that with all of internet world, so I blurred it.

----------------------------------------------

In other news. I took my dress in for alterations on Saturday. Earlier last week was spent trying to find an appropriate bra for the dress. I wanted a strapless, but it doesn't quite work for my body shape so I ended up buying a strapless with "invisible" straps.

I think it looks fine (pardon the picture I took it myself on my cell phone) because it will be under the sleeves.

For alterations, I had them cut the train off (but she said she would leave some of it long so it would look nice in pictures). My future MIL asked me to keep the part of the dress I had cut off to make into a pillow. That seems like a very lovely idea.

In general I've had a little bit of a hard time picturing myself as a "bride". So the dress fitting was the first time in a long time I was able to see the whole dress in the mirror. It made me feel like a bride.

On top of seeing the Little Mermaid at the Muny - large outdoor musical theater - earlier this week. My mom cried at the end because I'm going to be a Disney bride. So sweet. But its making it all "real" I'm just over 9 weeks away!

Last edited by stl_figment; 07-12-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #49
PrincessTinker11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_figment View Post
So after three nights of trying, I finished our (No Sew) Fish Extender for the cruise.

I followed these no sew instructions and these instructions.

Advice to anyone trying to make it. Pay close attention to your measurements. I had to remake a pocket because I measured it wrong. Be prepared to have fabric glue everywhere.

Very exciting.

Side note: After much debate, we decided to put our last name at the bottom (as we will be Mr. & Mrs. XXXXXX) However I don't want to share that with all of internet world, so I blurred it.

----------------------------------------------

In other news. I took my dress in for alterations on Saturday. Earlier last week was spent trying to find an appropriate bra for the dress. I wanted a strapless, but it doesn't quite work for my body shape so I ended up buying a strapless with "invisible" straps.

I think it looks fine (pardon the picture I took it myself on my cell phone) because it will be under the sleeves.

For alterations, I had them cut the train off (but she said she would leave some of it long so it would look nice in pictures). My future MIL asked me to keep the part of the dress I had cut off to make into a pillow. That seems like a very lovely idea.

In general I've had a little bit of a hard time picturing myself as a "bride". So the dress fitting was the first time in a long time I was able to see the whole dress in the mirror. It made me feel like a bride.

On top of seeing the Little Mermaid at the Muny - large outdoor musical theater - earlier this week. My mom cried at the end because I'm going to be a Disney bride. So sweet. But its making it all "real" I'm just over 9 weeks away!
You are almost there, you must be so excited! I think it is great that you are making a pillow out of the section cut off your dress

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2465405 Our Disney Cruise Line Castaway Cay Wedding! (Our PJ)
PrincessTinker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #50
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Pictures of My Dress!!!!

I have pictures of my dress!

Old 07-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #51
PrincessTinker11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_figment View Post
I have pictures of my dress!

Your dress is great, I love the front!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2465405 Our Disney Cruise Line Castaway Cay Wedding! (Our PJ)
PrincessTinker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #52
kmg148
DIS Veteran

I love the front and the sleeves!
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:51 PM   #53
Lumiere Lover
You can sleep after we leave WDW..

Being a NASCAR fan, I love the proposal. Also, your dress is beautiful. I like the idea of keeping the extra material to make a pillow.

Best of luck to you and Congrats. You will be on a beautiful island!!!!

June 2014-1st Disneyland trip, December 2012 POFQ-Excited we were there 12-12-12! September 2010 POFQ, Dec 2008 PC, Wonder, CBR, Aug 2008 Swan, Dec 2006 POR, Aug 2005 Gaylord Palms, Feb 2005 CBR, FEB 2002 AS Movies, Apr 1989 Offsite, Apr 1976 Offsite

Lumiere Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #54
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTinker11 View Post
Your dress is great, I love the front!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmg148 View Post
I love the front and the sleeves!
The sleeves (this time) were sewn in for the first time ever that I had the dress on. I loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumiere Lover View Post
Being a NASCAR fan, I love the proposal. Also, your dress is beautiful. I like the idea of keeping the extra material to make a pillow.

Best of luck to you and Congrats. You will be on a beautiful island!!!!
Thanks! One year ago today, he proposed. Who is your driver?

Old 07-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #55
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Beautiful dress!!!!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #56
jenbear25
Earning My Ears

Your dress is beautiful!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #57
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Old 07-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #58
roxysmum123
DIS Veteran

Wow, for 100$ that dress was a STEAL! It's really pretty and looks great on you! I love the strap/cap sleeves and the style is lovely.

I'm just joining in now, I'm really interested to hear about a cruise wedding. I love cruises almost as much as Disney so I can't wait to see how it goes.

Any idea of if your MIL is going to join you? What part of the cruise is she nervous about?
roxysmum123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:22 AM   #59
PixieDust1969
Happily Married on Castaway Cay!

Location: In Florida, very close to WDW- about a 15 minute drive!

Your dress looks beautiful! I love the softness the little sleeves give the dress and it looks great on you! I also like the shirts for your DF and the shoes will look great with either shirt.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #60
pigfishinn
Mouseketeer

Hi to those reading this blog - I am Becky "Aimee's mom". I wish the pics I snapped at the seamstress showed the beautiful lace/sparkles of the dress. See the pic on page 3 (the ones from the catalog w/the model) to see the lovely detail. It is really a beautiful dress.

I am very happy with the sleeves the way they turned out also.
pigfishinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: