Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaki99 View Post
Hi! I've seen some articles in the net and some advice about free parking inside disney... some say that in downtown you can park and take the disney's bus system? is this true? any advice? regards
yes it's true

The bus will take you to a resort approximately 1 hour AFTER Downtown Diseny opens. You then take a bus, boat, monorail whatever to the park. Of course by this time the park has been open for two or three hours so it's a little crowded but "look we saved $15, we won't mind the fact that there are no fast passes left for Toy Story Mania" (Or will you?)

Here's a hint to a succssful vacation in another country. Realize it's "another country" I find that when I go places it's not really helpful to say "well in the US we don't do xyz" That's not really relevant and if I want things to be "just like home" then the thing I should have done is stay home!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #17
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashoreCM View Post
Disney's resorts do not charge their guests for parking but some nearby resorts including the Swan and Dolphin do charge.
Well should guests choose to valet park at the WDW Resorts the cost is $12.00 + a tip, so that's the only time they do charge their guests for parking.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #18
sue Z
Heading to the World soon!!!

another thing not mentioned If you pay to park your car at one park and leave to go to another park the same day and move your car to that next park as my parents used to do when we stayed off site they left the parking pass in the window and they didnt have to pay again at the 2nd park, Not sure is this is still true but im sure it is
Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #19
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I do apologize if I sounded rude. BUT...we get this question all the time, and it is usually from someone who merely wants to save that parking fee. You will find that just about every 'theme' park in this country charges for parking.
BUT....if you head to MK, and pay to park, keep your receipt. You can show it to the parking attendant at, say, Epcot, later that day and you don't have to pay again. You pay for parking only once each day...as long as you keep your parking receipt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue Z View Post
another thing not mentioned If you pay to park your car at one park and leave to go to another park the same day and move your car to that next park as my parents used to do when we stayed off site they left the parking pass in the window and they didnt have to pay again at the 2nd park, Not sure is this is still true but im sure it is
Oh,but I did. But, the OP may very well have missed it since we are now on page 2...thanks for the reminder.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #20
ikaki99
Earning My Ears

thanks again

Hey, thanks again, I'm very pleased to find a website like this one! I hope to find a lot of information... Thanks for those who apologized, and I apologize if I did not do my question in the right... For ORANGECOUNTYCO, thanks for your rudeness, I hope you are as well received and answered as you.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #21
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Alrighty then....I am going to make an observation and then close this thread. Some have said there has been rudeness here. There hasn't. Now, perhaps some have taken other's comments as being 'rude' but truly, there has been nothing rude posted here. At least not rude by normal definition. I am not going to behave as a mom with her three kids sitting in the backseat of the car and bickering...'Mom, he touched me.', 'But Mom, she moved into my section'. type stuff.

This subject has been talked to death...those who have been around for more than 6 months understand the rules. We try not to get 'snarky' but sometimes it creeps in. So, rather than continue this discussion and have to deal with 'he said, she said', it's done. Sorry guys.

Tags
car, disney, free, parking

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: