Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #11
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

We returned to Mom and convinced her to come with us on the slides we thought she'd like. By now, all of the slides had 15-30 minute waits. Double Dipper had a 45 minute wait - pass! Our first stop was the Tobaggan Racers. She liked that slide. I still failed at reaching the Finish Line. Next we did the other tobaggan slide, and she liked that one, as well. We were going to take her on the slide with the double tubes, but the line to get tubes was long, so we decided to pass. It was nothing special.

Our next stop was Steamboat Springs. We knew she'd like that. And she did!

I want to buy this picture, and I really want a border for it. Unfortunately, the two Blizzard Beach borders are for Summit Plummet. Hmph... I guess I will have to go borderless.

We then got in the Lazy River. There were many people trying to hoard tubes by the stairs to get in. However, we found if you just got in the river and started traveling along, you'd come across an empty tube. Much easier than sending someone out to fight the current and bring back a tube one at a time.

We made it back around past the tidal pool, then returned to our chairs. We swam a little bit... the water was really cold, though! I guess because it's "melted snow!"

We left Blizzard Beach around 2:30 or 3:00. And... get this... Rachel and Dad were saying, "This is definitely a morning park! You really need to get here when it opens." Umm... yeah, I told you that! But now they are convinced! The first hour or two we were there, there was hardly a wait for anything. Then after 11:00, the crowds started picking up. We're guessing that around 5-6:00, the crowd starts thinning out, again.

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: