Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
Happydog
DIS Veteran

We Strapped Sea Turtles to Our Feet! A Summer of Sea & Shore - 11/13 x3 FINISHED!!!!!

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, here we are! Welcome to the latest edition of a Happy Dog Disney Trip Report! Let's hear it for SUMMER of 2011!!!

We did so many new things on this trip! I can't wait to share all the fun with you! A quick shout out to all my DISer friends, those of you who have followed me around on all these crazy trips to Disney, AND to any and everyone else who happens to stumble into my madness!!! Please make yourself known!!!

This trip spans a little over two weeks, and includes stays in FOUR different Disney locations....

We spent FIVE nights aboard the fabulous Disney Dream (my second cruise on this amazing ship)...

We spent FIVE nights at Disney's Vero Beach resort in a one bedroom villa... the first time we have every been to Vero or this resort!!!

We spent ONE very interesting and fun night at Fort Wilderness, and YES, drum roll please, we SLEPT in a TENT!!!

Finally, we spent ONE lovely evening at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in a Jambo house studio.

We have had some pretty great experiences at Disney, but this one definitely goes down in our travels to date as one of the more UNIQUE trips we have been on! UNIQUE for locations and new experiences, but also because we continue to be amazed with all that Disney has to offer before you even step into the parks. So with that quick introduction to our amazing summer trip, Lets get this BOAT out of dry dock!

Who is the Happy Dog Clan? Well.... allow me a quick introduction of the crew .... here is my DH and I, at one of our special evenings at Palo's... Sorry guys, this is a photo of my photo!!! There is a little glare, but this is DH and I on our second night of the five night cruise! Tan, relaxed, and fully fed

And then our two little pirates... Two boys, who just turned 6 and 9, and actually did have birthdays a week before we left on the ship!! They are not the best photography subjects, consequently I have a lot of candids of these two ... I have to snap quick!

First, DS6 he is quite a handful of fun, and a bundle of energy, and with too much creativity for his own good.... hence the title for this TR.... strapping sea turtles to his feet became the adventure he was seeking, a'la POTC... and though it didn't exactly materialize as he expected, we did manage something similar.... hey, if it is good enough for Jack Sparrow, it is good enough for him!

Then my older more photography-complacent child, DS9. Again too much creativity for his own good, and perhaps those fencing lessons were not the best decision we ever made, especially since he likes to "practice" on everything... and the pirate theme on this trip certainly was inspiration!!! But nevertheless, he does enjoy all our trips to Disney and especially, as of late, loves the Jack Sparrow character and the POTC movies... over and over and over again.

If you want to know more about us and the trips we have taken as a family and solo, please check out any of the links below! Otherwise I hope you have as much fun reading along as I will have writing!! This one promises to be a fun one!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *

Last edited by Happydog; 11-13-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

so excited to read about your trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm here HD!!! So excited to read about your adventure!

Hey, you said DS9 watches Jack Sparrow over and over again like there is something wrong with that.......
Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
Old 07-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
so excited to read about your trip
Welcome! Thanks for reading!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I'm here HD!!! So excited to read about your adventure!

Hey, you said DS9 watches Jack Sparrow over and over again like there is something wrong with that.......
HA!!! Yes, well, you do have me there.... TRUST me... I have been known to hit that PAUSE button a few times on the Blueray machine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Hey thanks!!! Glad you are coming along! Should be fun, lots to share!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 07-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Page one hooray! Glad to catch this before we leave tomorrow. I sure hope Vero did not disappoint!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #7
stace208
DIS Veteran

I'm here and can't wait to read all about it!!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Page one hooray! Glad to catch this before we leave tomorrow. I sure hope Vero did not disappoint!
Hello! Oh NO! Not at all, it was more than we expected and so much FUN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
I'm here and can't wait to read all about it!!
Glad you made it! I am looking forward to sharing!!!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Definitely jumping on board for this one - I cannot wait to cruise on the Dream or go to Vero Beach So excited to hear your experiences
Old 07-12-2011, 04:24 AM   #10
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Sign me up! Can't wait to hear more! By the way, love the new ticker. I see you are another proud grad of the Miss Anita Wigd School of Enabling.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #11
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Did I make it on the first page??? You know I am going to follow along on your latest adventure!!!

That picture of DS6 really captures that energy, doesn't it? It looks like he is about to bound out of the seat as soon as he can.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #12
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
We spent FIVE nights at Disney's Vero Beach resort in a one bedroom villa... the first time we have every been to Vero or this resort!!!
I'm very interested to hear and see all about this. We are hoping to get over there for a visit for the day, possibly even one overnight, on next summer's trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sign me up! Can't wait to hear more! By the way, love the new ticker. I see you are another proud grad of the Miss Anita Wigd School of Enabling.
If she charged for this school, she'd be making a killing!
She could even finance more DVC points with her profit.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #13
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
Definitely jumping on board for this one - I cannot wait to cruise on the Dream or go to Vero Beach So excited to hear your experiences
Thanks!!! Glad you are here! I learned a lot about Vero, and have many ideas to share about that trip and the cruise! It was great fun!!! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
HA HA HA.... Well, she knows I have been thinking about it!!!! Just couldn't swing it over Memorial day last year. WAY too expensive! So October was a good bet with the finances and the DH!

This TR will be fun to write. Lots of really silly stories and fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Did I make it on the first page??? You know I am going to follow along on your latest adventure!!!

That picture of DS6 really captures that energy, doesn't it? It looks like he is about to bound out of the seat as soon as he can.

Hey!!!! You DID!!! It was a great adventure for certain!! I can't wait to go live it again!!! He is a ball of energy that one! Always on the move!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm very interested to hear and see all about this. We are hoping to get over there for a visit for the day, possibly even one overnight, on next summer's trip.

If she charged for this school, she'd be making a killing!
She could even finance more DVC points with her profit.
OH, she is quite convincing!!! MeMom, Vero was amazing. Really so much Disney Magic there!!! We had a blast.

AND I just posted on your TR!!!!! So we must have been thinking about eachother!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:49 AM   #14
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! You started!
I can't wait to read about all of the fun!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #15
Dugette
DIS Veteran

I'm here and can't wait to hear about another Happydog adventure! Sounds like it was a great trip!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: