Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #1306
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Saludos Amigos/3 Caballeros

Last Tuesday we had another Disney Day which was supposed to be 3 Caballeros. However, I didn't realize that we only have it on VHS, so the movie got switched to Saludos Amigos at the last moment.

DD and DS were quite excited that Mickey left a Donald figure to play, “¿Dónde está Donald?”

Next, we did the first part of our maraca craft. I think I found this on Family Fun, oh no wait – that’s not right. Directions here

Next, we made tissue paper flowers. DD really enjoyed this activity as she had learned how to make paper fans at school, and we now have an abundance of fans in nearly every room of the house, my car, exDH’s car, etc. DS’s attention span lasted one tissue paper flower until he declared it, “for girls.”

DD and DS helped set the table with some plates we picked up at the $ Store, and then went off to play while I cooked dinner. I accented the table display with some of Nonna’s collection of statues from the Mexico pavilion.

Our menu consisted of: mocktail lime margaritas, Don Donald’s Mexican Dip, Panchito’s Chicken Fajitas, Arroz de Jose Carioca, and Fiesta Black Beans.
DD and DS enjoyed trying the fake margarita, but declared it too sweet for their taste, and exchanged them for waters.

Villainess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #1307
Fall1
DIS Veteran

We did Lady & the Tramp II:Scamp's Adventure tonight for the 4th of July. It was our 2nd movie night and the kids had a blast!! They love Scamp!!

Our menu was, Scamp's Stolen Chicken (bbq chicken), Angel's Mini-Burgers, Junkyard Fruit Salad, Dog Collar chips, corn on the cob. Dessert was strawberry shortcake and ice cream.
DS and DD coloring dog's we made.

The dinner table.

The finished craft, the dogs

Coloring pages DH found online
Oct 2004 GF/BC Honeymoon, Oct 2005 BC, May 2006 BC, Oct 2009 BCV (twins 1st trip!), Oct 2010 BCV, Feb 2011 AKV, Oct 2011 BCV, Dec 2011 AKV, Mar 2012 SSR, Nov 2012 BCV, Apr 2013 BCV, Oct 2013 SSR, Apr 2014 1st Disney Cruise!! & BCV
Upcoming December 2014 BCV & 1st Universal trip!
me DH DS 7 DD 7
Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #1308
jacquelynb
Earning My Ears

Awesome thread. Can't wait to do these at our house!
jacquelynb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #1309
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

I've lurked this thread for years now. Just wanted to say how talented all you ladies are! No children in our house yet but, I will be borrowing ideas for when I visit my best friend and her 2 little princesses.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #1310
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
I've lurked this thread for years now. Just wanted to say how talented all you ladies are! No children in our house yet but, I will be borrowing ideas for when I visit my best friend and her 2 little princesses.
Welcome former lurker - it's fun to post once you start!!!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #1311
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

We've been having movie nights for awhile now but I've only posted maybe one on here. So I thought I'd start sharing them, even if we don't always have a chance to go all out like I like to! For example, we went to see Cars 2 Saturday night and decided to go ahead and make it a movie night! We only got the movie schedule a few days ahead of time (we live in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and we get the weekly movie schedule for our outdoor theater - which means only one or two movies each night - a few days before the upcoming week usually) so I didn't plan anything special for dinner. And we are moving in a week back to the states so we didn't have a lot! But I did do a few things to have a fun night!

I printed out the Cars 2 playset from the Disney Family website.

I also printed out some coloring pages for DD to color.

I also got some butcher paper from a friend, trimmed it to the size of our sun shade, and colored some eyes on it. We put it up before the movie and DD thought it was the coolest thing!

We put DD in her pj's because, since the movie wouldn't be over until around 10pm, we were sure she'd fall asleep. She didn't, but at least she was comfy! It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to being able to start back up with our movie nights after we settle into our new place!

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
BabyEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #1312
momabaarjo
You might be a Disney Princess, but I'm a Disney Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post

I also got some butcher paper from a friend, trimmed it to the size of our sun shade, and colored some eyes on it. We put it up before the movie and DD thought it was the coolest thing!

!
This is one of the cutest ideas I have seen!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #1313
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
This is one of the cutest ideas I have seen!
Awwww, gee. Thank you!

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
BabyEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #1314
momabaarjo

Tinkerbell & Peter Pan Double Feature

Summer Movie Day Double Feature
Peter Pan & Tinkerbell
July 7, 2011

For those not following in my trip report, my children and I spent the week following the 4th of July at our cabin in the mountains. We planned movie days for each day of our stay (getting in a lot because daddy at home is grumpy and does not get into the fun)...3 of the kids' cousins stayed with us for the week...we call them the 3 K Cousins!

All the girls love Tinkerbell. I remember when Ab was about 4…Tink was her favorite and boy did she have the same attitude as Tink (in fact she still has it). Of course 10 years ago and Tink was not popular as she is now. We had to hunt and search for Tink items, now everywhere I turn around there is something with Tink on it. I think she still loves Tink…her room is Pea Pod Green with lavender bedding. I remember when Return to Neverland came out when she was around 5. She could not wait to see the movie…in fact the first and only time I have ever “lost” her was when we went to see this movie. She was so excited that while we were standing in line to get some movie snacks she decided to head off to the movie without us! I have never been so scared in all my life…thank goodness a nice lady found her wandering into different theaters looking for the movie. I really enjoyed this movie, especially with the great lesson it teaches…love who you are because you are special are created for a special purpose. I can’t wait to find the fairies in Pixie Hollow…

If Tink was Ab’s favorite when she was little, Captain Hook was Boo’s favorite. Why on earth would a little boy gravitate to the villain? If I thought finding Tink stuff was hard then, it was even harder finding Captain Hook items. We are going to have to hunt down Captain Hook and get his autograph, along with a picture taken with Boo. We did not watch the Disney verision of Peter Pan, instead I rented the Universal live action one…not too impressed but it served the purpose of a Peter Pan movie day. The cousins were supposed to bring the movie, but they forgot and the only movie house close enough to us just had the Universal verision. Same story line, but a little too grown up and serious for us. I wish we could have found Hook instead with Robin Williams, Julia Roberts, and Dustin Hoffman. I remember that one as being pretty funny.

Menu:

Pirate Ship Pizza
(Each of the kids made their own sails to sail their ship)

Tink Punch
(Raspberry Lemonade, Lime Shebert with Pixie Dust…Pop Rocks)

Cannon Ball Salad
(Melon Balls and Grapes)

Crocodile Crunch with Dip

Peter Pan Swords or Tinkerbell Wands
(Lime Popsicles…see movie title picture above)

Activities:

Peter Pan Hats & Pirate Bandanas

I found a really simple foldable pirate hat pattern and had the kids follow the directions and fold themselves hats. Then in Family Fun magazine I came across a pirate headband pattern and they made some of these just for fun.

Boo is looking a little grumpy!

Treasure Boxes

I found some make your own pirate treasure chests from Oriental Trading made of heavy hardboard. All the kids had to do was fold them and then decorate them. They spent much of the afternoon coloring, glittering, and adding jewels to them. Then I filled them with treasure (Pixie sticks…get it, Pirate Gum Coins, and Hershey Treasure Chocolates)…next I hid them….and made a….

Treasure Hunt

Using clues that would take the kids around the mountain side to places they love to play at. Each clue would lead to another one until finally the last clue would lead to their treasure chests full of treasure to enjoy!

I gave Boo the camera, to record the fun!

Ab finds a clue hidden behind the log bench on the cousin’s grandparent’s cabin front porch.

A place to make wishes…wishing well at the cousin’s cabin.

A place where both of your daddy's soared to new heights.

Ab finds her treasure chest hidden in the trees where the pine trees are told to shhhh… (Another cousin’s cabin…called the Whispering Pine Lodge)
Old 07-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #1315
momabaarjo

Summer Movie Afternoons: Lilo & Stitch

Summer Movie Afternoon
Lilo & Stitch
July 5, 2011

We decided since the 3 K cousins were going to spend the week, what better way than to begin with Lilo & Stitch since ohana means family and Lilo & Stitch is all about family! The kids enjoyed it so much we went and rented Lilo & Stitch 2 later that day and watched it after dark!

Thank goodness for Dollar Tree! They make it so easy to go out for a Hawaiian themed party! The kids had a great time getting prepared for the evening from making all the food, to the craft activities, and to even trying to hula!

Activities:

Hula Skirts

It would have been easier just to buy hula skirts...but not nearly as much fun! We made hula skirts out of crete paper streamers, a stapler, and a piece of heavy string. I think they turned out great and the kids had a lot of fun making them.

Shell Bracelets

I found another great little craft kit from Oriental Trading to make sea shell braclets to go with the hula skirts and leis! I think the kids loved these the most of everything we did all week! In fact, they are still wearing the braclets.

Hula Dancing

The girls decided to give us an impromptu hula show!

Menu:

Pulled Pork Sandwiches on Hawaiian Buns

The kids loved these! In fact, the ate them all week long for lunch! It was an easy crockpot packet for the pork and prepackaged Hawaiian rolls!

Pineapple Brocolli Slaw

A twist on plain cole slaw. I used brocolli slaw, pineapple, raisins, mayo, sugar and pineapple juice.

Fresh Pineapple Spears

Hawaiian Kettle Chips & Corn on the Cob

We found these chips at World Market...perfect!

Pina Coladas
See the table picture...the kids loved them in their coconut cups!

Sunshine Aloha Cake

I found this great recipe on the internet...full of oranges, pineapple and coconut! I let Kortni make the cake, and she had so much fun and felt so grown up!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:32 AM   #1316
momabaarjo

Summer Movie Afternoons: Up

Summer Movie Afternoon
Up
July 6, 2011

I just really don’t care to much for this movie…but we sure had fun all day with the movie day.

Activity:

Merit Badge
Since Russell was working on his merit badge we decided that we would write the requirements to a merit badge, perform the requirements, and design our own merit badge…what a great activity to do while in the mountains!

Requirements (and pictures of us performing):

1. Find a Walking Stick

2. Take a hike to the back meadow

3. Find 5 animals

4. Find a unique rock

5. Swing high on the tree swing

6. Find a flower

7. Cross the cattle guard

8. Dam the stream

9. Pick Up Trash

10. Find a pinecone

Making Badges

Finished Badges

Menu:

Hog dogs, chips, baked beans, & grape soda

Smores

Since we were under a complete burn ban (all outdoor fires, grills and indoor fireplaces) we had to improvise a hot dog and marshmallow roast…how about over the hot plate on the stove?
Old 07-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #1317
Kari-B
Mouseketeer

Aladdin Movie Night

Here is our latest movie night: Aladdin.

Raja

Iago

Abu (made his vest from purple felt and his hat from a plastic cup)

Genie's Lamp (spray painted a plastic teapot)

Jasmin, Aladdin & Magic Carpet

Dinner

Ali Ababwa Kabobs

Sultan Sauces (ketchup, BBQ, A-1)

Genie's Garden Greens

Jafar's Fresh Bread

Abu's Apples

Raja Cookies

Jasmine Juice

Dinner was eaten on magic carpets

(tied the corners of the blankets with yarn)

Genie's Magic Lamp Hunt

Genie's Golden Coin Find (had two Genie coins and mixed them among lots of pretend gold coins, we took turns competing with our eyes closed to find the Genie coins using only feeling with our hands)

Magic Carpet Craft (Disney craft site)

Kari-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #1318
KaylaMarie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
I don't have any children, but you can bet me and my boyfriend will be using some of these ideas for our didn't countdown nights! Hehe
KaylaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #1319
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaMarie View Post
I don't have any children, but you can bet me and my boyfriend will be using some of these ideas for our didn't countdown nights! Hehe
Have fun!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #1320
momabaarjo

Pooh's Huffalump Movie & Piglet's Big Movie

Summer Movie Day
Double Feature
Pooh’s Huffalump Movie & Piglet’s Big Movie
July 8, 2011

Breakfast:

Pooh’s Puffed French Toast (recipe from Crystal Palace)
Little Piglets (sausage links)
Owl’s Eggs (scrambled eggs)
Tigger Juice (orange Julius)

Lunch:

Kanga’s Pockets Filled with Pooh-nut Butter & Honey (Pita Pockets filled with peanut butter and honey)
Rabbit’s Fruit Salad from his garden
Tigger Tails (cheetos)
Eyeore’s Cloudy Day Drink (grape soda)

Activity:

Make Honey Bee Treats

I found this recipe/activity on Family Fun’s website under Pooh activities. It is like a no bake cookies using rice krispe’s, peanut butter and honey. You mold the dough into bee shapes, make bee’s body lines from tubed frosting and then add using either sliced almonds or large marshmallows (cut into 4ths) for wings. Pretty fun to make (pretty messy too) and really yummy to eat!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: