Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #76
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

next update coming tomorrow I finally updated my table of contents!!!

Last edited by dtr_angel; 07-08-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #77
dtr_angel

Willkommen

When we last left off we had just finished the first half of our day at Magic Kingdom, and were on our way to the AKL pool. We had a waterproof disposable camera, so we took a few pictures. It was about 2:20pm when we headed to the pool.

My only complaint was that the concrete was SO hot on bare feet. Our chair wasn’t even that far from the water but it still really hurt. We swam for a bit and even went down the slide a few times. I love water slides. I wish the values had them!

After we were done swimming, we decided to stop by the CL lounge. I don’t have a picture of what we grabbed, but we of course grabbed some African Smoothie, and some rice krispy treats to take back to the room. We turned on the weather channel to find that Orlando was experiencing record high temps for May. It was 92-96 degrees every day we were there. We were pleased to see that Sunday was the hottest day of our trip, and that was the day we were planning on hitting up Blizzard Beach. We decided to jump in the shower before our nap since we were covered in chlorine and sticky from sunscreen. We had the alarm set to wake us up at 4:30pm to get ready for dinner. We got up at 4:45pm and started getting ready. This guy was outside our window when we woke up.

Our ADR was at Biergarten for 6:50pm. We left our room to head to the bus stop around 5:40pm. That was really good for us considering, in the past, we were always late getting to ADRs. It seems as though we were turning a new leaf! This made DH happy since he hates being late. I’m the reason we’re late for everything. But in my defense, he leaves me in charge of waking us up, knowing that I will press snooze a bazillion times. But anyway… By 6 we were on a bus headed to Epcot. Since we had time to spare we stopped to have some photo pass pictures taken. The Flower & Garden festival had ended, so I was really excited to get to see a few topiaries still around. I wanted to stop and take some pictures of the TS3 topiaries with my camera, but there were a lot of people around and DH said we would get them later (we didn’t, when we came back to Epcot they were gone)

DH’s face is too funny in this picture, I had to share. I have no idea why he was making that face and he doesn’t remember either LOL
We knew it was a long shot but decided to see if there were any FP available for Soarin’ for the night since we were staying for the EMH. Of course, there wasn’t. We stopped at a restroom and then were on our way again towards World Showcase. I am a huge Winnie the Pooh fan; Tigger is my favorite – so I was really excited to see the Pooh topiaries promoting the new movie. DH also loves Winnie the Pooh. We are planning on having a gender neutral Winnie the Pooh nursery someday (soon I hope!) something I've always dreamed of.

It was really hard to get pictures that didn’t have people in them. We also stopped here for some photopass pictures.

As we got closer to WS, there were still more topiaries. I was so excited, we essentially hadn’t missed F&G after all!

I was really bummed we had to miss the Pixar Weekend that happened the weekend before we were there. I bet it was really awesome!

Since we had so slowly made our way to Germany it was just about 6:50pm exactly when we checked in at Biergarten. I was so hungry and so excited, and I know DH was too. Even though it was our 4th trip to Disney together it was still very exciting since we were trying new things and trying to explore where we hadn’t before. Finally at 7:10pm our table was ready.
We were sat with a family from Ontario, Canada. They were very nice. One of the sons, Andrew, was celebrating his 21st birthday that night. He was very excited since they had been in Disney for a few days and even though he could drink in Canada, he couldn’t in Disney until that night. We had a very lovely dinner chatting with them, not awkward at all. Our server was an older gentleman named Michael, and he was excellent.

I loved the inside of the restaurant; it was too cute. It was loud which made it kind of hard to talk & hear, but it was such a fun atmosphere.

My first plate

DH’s first plate

Sadly, I only took pictures of our first plates because we were having such a good time talking. We made several trips to the buffet. I loved the pretzel bread of course, and there was a dessert – maybe a cheesecake? That was excellent. I was also happy to have some beets. I had been craving them very badly for a while.

The show they put on only goes on for a while, and then they break and do it all over again so we got to hear it through multiple times. Michael, our server told them it was our 3rd anniversary so they announced that when they played the anniversary song, which was very cool. Michael was also nice enough to get us our anniversary pins!

We were seated all the way on the top in the back, right under this flag.

We had a good time, so I think this will definitely be on our list to do again with my family if we get our dream trip in January 2013 (but more on that later!)

After 8, we said our goodbyes and were leaving the restaurant. We stopped in the Caramel shop with hopes of grabbing a snack for later, but it was busy and we were so full that we said we’d come back later – we didn’t. Once you are in FW, it’s a loooooooooooong walk back to WS! We decided to get a spot for IllumiNations. DH ended up going back in the Caramel Shop to get us a bottle of water. Then I decided that we should’ve grabbed a map & times guide when we walked in. DH stayed in our spot, and at 8:30 I set off to get one, hoping I wasn’t going to have to walk all the way to the front of the park. The park is rather dark, and it was so crowded that by the time I was passing Norway I was regretting this adventure. I only had to walk to a kiosk around the fountain of nations (is that what it’s called?) luckily, so I was there and back to our spot in front of Germany by 8:45, which included a pit stop in Norway.

I attempted to take a picture of us, I must have apparently been struggling because a nice young lady offered to take one for us.

Here are a few pictures of the lagoon while we were waiting for the show to start.

We ended up using our video camera to record IllumiNations since I was struggling with taking still photographs of the fireworks.

After it was over we headed to Spaceship Earth. I vaguely remember doing that ride on my very first trip to Disney with my family in ’98, but it’s obviously changed a lot since then. We waited around for a while, but our pictures never popped up and I was sad. It was cool to finally do a ride we hadn’t managed to do in our previous 3 trips. Then we attempted to find the Extra Magic Hours Times Guide that I know we have gotten before, but there were none to be found. We decided to check out the stand by wait for Soarin’ since they were out of FP. It was 35 minutes, so we decided to wait and see what it was later when more people had left the park. Test Track was a 20 minute wait at that point. We decided to go watch Captain EO. We were the first in line for the next show. It felt like it took forever to wait for the preshow, and then go to the show. It wasn’t that great, DH didn’t like it either. I didn’t know what to expect. I was picturing lots of 80’s singing & dancing. There was definitely some of that, but the rest of it… ugh. Not my cup of tea. After that was finally over, we headed back to to check out Soarin’. It went up to a 50 minute wait. Fail! We should’ve stayed there instead of watching Captain EO but we didn’t know the wait would get longer instead of shorter. There was no wait for Livin’ with the Land, so we hopped on a boat. It was cool to be on it at night. After that the Soarin wait was still too long. Well, the same thing happened to Test Track. It was now a 40 minute wait, and while we were standing there it jumped up to 50 minutes. Well, that didn’t go as planned. Now what?

Since Soarin’ & Test Track was a bust, we had thought about grabbing a snack. We were both way too tired to walk all the way back to WS where all the good snacks were. All the ice cream carts were closed for the night so no Mickey Bars or frozen bananas. We decided to just call it a night since we were tired, and wanted to be at Animal Kingdom for rope drop the next morning. By 1120pm, we were at the bus stop. We only waited 5 minutes for a bus. We got back and of course had to check out the savanna.

That is a terrible picture, but I light the lighting. A giraffe! I called this “my giraffe” because he was kind of far away, so I started talking to him and he came so close to our balcony! I went back in to get the camera, while DH stayed out there. DH said when I went back in, he walked away. As soon as I came back out, he came back over. It was a coincidence of course, but still really cool. After we shot some (way too dark) videos we got ready to hit the hay. For some reason I thought it was important to write down that Who’s Line Is It Anyway? Was on TV before we fell asleep LOL. The alarm was set for 6 am, so less than 6 hours of sleep after a long Disney Day.

Up next – Are we going to make it to rope drop at Animal Kingdom? Stay tuned to find out!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #78
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Oh, those Pooh topiaries are too cute (We used a "gender neutral" Pooh theme for our two DDs!) and nice that you got to see the TS3 and Cars ones, also.

I thought about Biergarten for the trip with my mom, sister, and Helen (none of us have been there) but a friend of mine (who has been there) suggested I wait and do that one with my family, as it's a place the kids will enjoy. Glad to hear you had a great time there and liked the food!

Oh, and I love your tee shirt!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 07-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #79
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow!!! Beautiful pictures at EPCOT.

Dinner at Biergarten looks cool. We have never done that.

Too bad things at EMH didn't work out as planned.

My money is on rope drop!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #80
dtr_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Oh, those Pooh topiaries are too cute (We used a "gender neutral" Pooh theme for our two DDs!) and nice that you got to see the TS3 and Cars ones, also.

I thought about Biergarten for the trip with my mom, sister, and Helen (none of us have been there) but a friend of mine (who has been there) suggested I wait and do that one with my family, as it's a place the kids will enjoy. Glad to hear you had a great time there and liked the food!

Oh, and I love your tee shirt!
That's why we love the Pooh theme so much, most of them are gender neutral and we don't plan on finding out the baby's sex so it's perfect. We're about to paint our guest room (future nursery) a really pretty light green that will hopefully match whatever we pick out.

I don't know why I was never interested in Biergarten before. For some reason I didn't want to eat there until we started picking restaurants for this trip and our plan was to eat at places we've never eaten at before. We both loved it. I didn't think my parents would be interested, but they both are so we'll probably eat here if/when we get to go as a big family! It was definitely a lot of fun and I highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Wow!!! Beautiful pictures at EPCOT.

Dinner at Biergarten looks cool. We have never done that.

Too bad things at EMH didn't work out as planned.

My money is on rope drop!
You should try it some time, I think you would like it. There was a lot to choose from on the buffet, and the atmosphere was really fun. I know a lot of people don't like having to sit with strangers, but we actually had a nice talk and it wasn't awkward.

Oh well, everything can't go your way all the time. DH's theory is that since the only 2 real rides are Soarin' & Test Track, that is why there is always such a wait for them. We found out on this trip we are too old to stay up so late at the parks LOL. We left "early" most nights because we were just too tired.

You would be right on the rope drop!

Old 07-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #81
dtr_angel

It’s the end of the world as we know it, but thankfully not Disney World! Part 1

When we last left off, we had spent the evening at Epcot for extra magic hours, and made it back to AKL to turn in for the night.
Day 3 (Saturday May 21) Part 1

We didn’t get in bed until after midnight, and the alarm was set for 6 am. Knowing our track record, where we going to make it to rope drop at Animal Kingdom? We got out of bed at 6:30 and started getting ready. At 7:15 we were up in the CL eating out breakfast, which is a morning ritual now. Fresh fruit, pastries, and yummy juice – we had about the same thing every morning. On this particular morning I had pineapple juice and DH had mango juice. We loved the variety of fresh fruit available. It was a great day to start a Disney day – you know, since we were probably eating about 5000 calories of yummy a day. The heat and all the walking cancels it out though, right? LOL. We were at the bus stop by 7:45. I was getting nervous. Where we going to make it? We only waited 3 minutes for a bus and were walking up to the AK gates right at 8:00! We didn’t actually see the rope drop per say, since we were in the back. But we were there waiting for them to open. WE DID IT!

We stopped and had our first picture at AK taken.

Baby Simba!

We didn’t exactly have a plan, but we knew what we wanted to do that day, does that make sense? We decided to head towards EE and get a FP. There was a 0 minute wait, so we hopped on and rode. We both had full bladders so we went and found a rest room after our ride, and then decided to ride again because it was still a walk on ride. Amazing! Getting up early pays off big time at Disney. I didn’t take a picture of either of our ride photos, neither one of us made any good faces it was just boring. We thought about pulling a FP for later, but decided against it so we could FP something else. We set off for Dinosaur next. We spotted a FP photographer with no wait – I was excited to have PP at AK with a new background!

I don’t know why but I really like this ride. Since I know where the camera is there, I always try to make a good face but clearly DH and I both failed on that one.

After making our way out of Dinoland (it seems like it was extra confusing for some reason) we headed over to see It’s Tough to Be a Bug! We’ve never done this before, so I didn’t realize you could get this close & personal with the tree of life – awesome!

And here is us in our super cool bug glasses waiting for the show to start.

Cute show. After the show was over, Kali River Rapids was finally going to be open. We headed over to the ride to grab a FP for later when we were hotter & more miserable than we already were. On the way, we spotted this guy and stopped to get our picture taken with him. It’s Flik!

After our visit with Flik, I decided I was hungry. It was way too early for lunch though. I wanted a snack and sadly I had a very boring frozen lemonade that wasn’t even that great. DH grabbed a bottle of water. We took our drinks and headed for the super secret trail that Dee had told me about. It was SO cool to be that close to the tree of life. How have I been to AK this many times and not known that? Bad DISer!

After our walk through the trail, it was time we could go grab another fast pass, so we joined the masses and headed towards Africa. Is it just me, or does it seem like EVERYONE is in Africa at AK? We got fast passes for the safari. Then we headed over to Camp Minnie Mickey just to check out who was on the greeting trails. This trip we were not interested in long waits for characters, especially ones that we have seen in the past. (there was barely a wait for Flik and we had never seen him before). I never noticed these details the last time we were at Camp Minnie Mickey on our honeymoon.

Hughie, Louie, and Louie as my little brother used to call them

The regulars were there in their safari gear. And Thumper & the brown female bunny. There was a short wait, so we hopped in their line since we had never seen Thumper before. How exciting!

Continued in next post….

Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #82
dtr_angel

Continued from previous post…

We decided to check out Dinoland to see who the character meet & greet was. There was a long line, but no character. We hung out for a few minutes to see who it would be. It was Pluto in a bandana. We didn’t wait to see him. It was time for the safari, so we headed back to Africa. On the way, we met a PP photographer that really look a liking to us and took a bunch of pictures

We had a really awesome female driver, but I don’t remember her name. This was our first safari that she actually stopped so we could see the animals and get good pictures. In the past, they never stopped or said they couldn’t. I think we got really good pictures. We took a bunch, but I’ll just share a few.

Extreme close ups by DH, LOL

Can you spot the sleeping lion?

After the safari, we were definitely hungry. We had been throwing around some ideas all morning where we might eat – Flame Tree or Yak & Yeti CS seemed like the most likely. It was hot & we were so hungry, Tamu Tamu ended up winning because it was right there. And we had never eaten there before. I finally got the tuna I had been craving the day before at MK.

I had the tuna pita with apples and a vanilla milkshake for my dessert. On the DP, you can have the milkshake as your drink and still have a dessert, but I definitely wanted water too. DH had the turkey sandwich with apples, bottled water, and the chocolate mousse for dessert. We both liked our meals and were pleasantly stuffed. We lucked out and got a table in the shade so we got to cool off while eating. Then it was time for our last attraction before leaving.

We headed over to Kali River Rapids. The standby wait time was 80 minutes. Good thing we had fast passes! Everyone coming off the ride was soaked, so it’s a good thing we had plans to leave the park soon. We were seated with 2 other couples on our raft. I was a little disappointed in the ride itself, it wasn’t really that exciting. There were only 1 or 2 drops, but they make sure that everyone gets soaked. I guess that’s the point though. It was fun and we were definitely cooled off. After the ride we made our way towards the exit. We stopped for some PP pictures even though we were soaked!

Then we made our way to the AKL bus stop. We got on a bus at 12:45, but they were changing drivers so we didn’t get back to AKL until after 1. We decided to hit the CL lounge and grab some snacks. It was the same thing as the day before – we grabbed some gummy bears, yogurt covered pretzels and of course African smoothies!!! We thought about going swimming, but we were both tired so we decided we would just nap, and maybe hit the pool if we woke up in time before we showered and got ready for dinner. My blister that I got on the first day despite wearing tennis shoes was getting bigger and more bothersome. I took pictures of it, but I’ll spare you those, lol. We were napping by 2pm, with the alarm set for 4pm.

Up next – dinner at Kouzzina and evening at the MK!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:23 AM   #83
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Great day @ AK! I'm still a little bummed that ITTBAB will be closed during our trip We'll just have to be sure to find the trail so we can get close to the Tree!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Kouzzina... I think we might be going there in September. I say "might" because my friend likes to change ADRs whenever she gets a whim to do so... I think our ADRs have been changed 3 times so far, LOL!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 07-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #84
NYDIS
Earning My Ears

Great trip report so far and I think your pictures are adorable. Love the baby Simba photo. I love AKL, its very relaxing after long days at the parks plus BOMA is my favorite restaurant and an ADR there every year is a must! Looking forward to reading more.

2013 - BC
2012 - POLY
2011 - CR
2010 - BC
2009 - GF/CBR
2008 - GF/CSR
2007 - WL/POP
2006 - POLY
2005 - POR
2004 - AKL
1999 - AS Music
1994 - AS Sports
1990 - CBR
Old 07-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #85
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I would love to eat at Biergarten some time (my mother's side of the family is German but I'm not much of a fan of German food since I grew up eating so much of it ). The atmosphere looks like fun!

We watched Illuminations in Dec 2008 at almost the exact same spot you were at (we were to the right of that post). It was awesome watching it from there and loud! It was my youngest two sons' first visit and first day of our trip and all they kept saying was wow!! At the end of the evening, my DS18 kept saying he couldn't believe that Epcot was only one part of WDW. They had an awesome time (except they didn't like MK - only stayed long enough to ride the Mountains and I made them stay to watch the Castle being lit up. Oh well....at least I have grandkids who will enjoy MK when I can take them hopefully in the near future. Funniest thing about our trip was on our last night they discovered the Community Hall at BWV and played ping pong for hours and I almost think that was the highlight of their trip! My DS28 who lives in CA had joined us on this trip and it was fun watching the three brothers have a blast.

Loved your pics at AK! You are both so photogenic and are a beautiful couple Sounds like you are having a great trip!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 07-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #86
dtr_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Great day @ AK! I'm still a little bummed that ITTBAB will be closed during our trip We'll just have to be sure to find the trail so we can get close to the Tree!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Kouzzina... I think we might be going there in September. I say "might" because my friend likes to change ADRs whenever she gets a whim to do so... I think our ADRs have been changed 3 times so far, LOL!
You'll read it soon enough, but I do recommend Kouzzina - our service could've been a little better though. But the food was great and the restaurant was cool, plus it's on the Boardwalk which I love. I have a habit of changing ADRs too. On our past trip, it was just swapping days & times around to fit our plans better. The only restaurant we dropped was Tony's because it had so many negative reviews, but now I wish we would've given it a chance (there will be more trips!). We swapped it for Grand Floridian Cafe which we loved, so it was still win win for us.

The trail was awesome, I didn't realize you could be so close to the tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDIS View Post
Great trip report so far and I think your pictures are adorable. Love the baby Simba photo. I love AKL, its very relaxing after long days at the parks plus BOMA is my favorite restaurant and an ADR there every year is a must! Looking forward to reading more.
Thank you so much, that made my day. We loved Boma, I hope we'll make it there on future trips even if we don't stay at AKL. Our goal is to stay at the different resorts, so who knows where we will end up next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I would love to eat at Biergarten some time (my mother's side of the family is German but I'm not much of a fan of German food since I grew up eating so much of it ). The atmosphere looks like fun!

We watched Illuminations in Dec 2008 at almost the exact same spot you were at (we were to the right of that post). It was awesome watching it from there and loud! It was my youngest two sons' first visit and first day of our trip and all they kept saying was wow!! At the end of the evening, my DS18 kept saying he couldn't believe that Epcot was only one part of WDW. They had an awesome time (except they didn't like MK - only stayed long enough to ride the Mountains and I made them stay to watch the Castle being lit up. Oh well....at least I have grandkids who will enjoy MK when I can take them hopefully in the near future. Funniest thing about our trip was on our last night they discovered the Community Hall at BWV and played ping pong for hours and I almost think that was the highlight of their trip! My DS28 who lives in CA had joined us on this trip and it was fun watching the three brothers have a blast.

Loved your pics at AK! You are both so photogenic and are a beautiful couple Sounds like you are having a great trip!
I have German in both sides of my family, as well as my DH's. I wish we would've tried it sooner! I guess I'm not a sausage or sauerkraut girl, maybe thats why I wasn't interested before? I don't know but I'm glad I changed my mind.

It did end up being a good spot to watch the show, I'll have to remember that for future trips. That is so awesome that you had such an awesome family trip, although I couldn't imagine not liking the MK. Hopefully your grandkids will though

Old 07-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #87
dtr_angel

It’s the end of the world as we know it, but thankfully not Disney World! Part 2

The alarm was set for 4 pm, we got up at 4:30 to start getting ready for the 2nd part of our day. DH got out of bed before me and sat out on the balcony. This guy was the only animal outside.

We both got showers and prettied up for dinner. Mousekeeping came for turn down but DH told them no, and she gave him a bunch of chocolates anyway, lol. He was excited about it for some reason. After we were ready, we ran up to CL to grab a snack to hold us over until dinner. Yes, we took advantage of our upgrade – CL was awesome. I apparently didn’t note what we ate, or take any pictures – sorry. It was probably pita chips & hummus or dip – that is what seemed to be out at this time of night. DH had Tusker which was an African beer that he really enjoyed.

By 5:45 we were leaving our hotel room to take a bus to AK. Luckily there was a bus unloading and we got right on. After we got to AK, we had to wait a few minutes for a bus. We caught the one that was going to Yacht & Beach, BWI, Swan & Dolphin. We asked the driver which stop we should get off of for Kouzzina, but he had never heard of it surprisingly. There were some people behind us that were nice enough to tell us where it was and how to get there so we chatted to them on our way. They were from NJ and we had a nice chat about Disney dining, of course! We got off at the last stop which was BWI. It was nice seeing the Swan & Dolphin up close. I absolutely love the boardwalk, my dream resort is Yacht or Beach. I’m hoping we are able to stay there on our next trip. The BWI is also very nice, but the clown pool creeps me out. We had a little trouble winding through BWI to get to the boardwalk but found our way. We stopped at the map to see which way to go for Kouzzina, and some guys told us where it was. We were early for our ADR so we weren’t sure how long we were going to have to wait. We looked in the shop next to Kouzzina, I honestly don’t know what it was – it wasn’t the boardwalk bakery, but they had goodies & candy. Before we knew it, our buzzer was going off. We were pretty much seated right away! Our table was right next to the door. Our waitress was nice, her name was Christina. But I felt like she was always away for too long and ignored us. But that could just be me, I feel like because we look so young we are ignored a lot. Don’t get me wrong, she was nice – but our table wasn’t out of the way and I felt like she was being more attentive to her other tables. We ordered our drinks – we both got the MegaBerry Smoothie and water. I’m a sucker for anything that is a good source of omega 3’s!

It was really good. A while later we got bread & oil. Oh my goodness it was SO good, but maybe we were just hungry. I was also going crazy for carbs in Disney, since I was putting myself on a low carb diet when we got home LOL. It definitely hit the spot, I love bread.

Later our meals came out. I got the cinnamon chicken, which I was nervous about.

DH ordered the trio. I would’ve ordered that, if it wasn’t for the burger & the meat in the lasagna LOL. I don’t eat red meat anymore so there were no yummy steaks for me at Disney (don’t worry, there was for DH!)

Oh my goodness, that cinnamon chicken was AMAZING! I ate every bite. I still think about it sometimes lol. DH loved all 3 dishes on the trio and finished everything as well. And just when we thought we couldn’t eat anymore they brought out the dessert menus LOL. We both ordered the chocolate budino cakes (and a side of antihistamines lol) which is chocolate lava cake and ice cream. Since it was our anniversary she made an announcement that we were celebrating, and brought our desserts out with candles in them. I was definitely not expecting that since I had felt so ignored. She gets a bonus point, haha.

After dinner we made our way out onto the boardwalk, enjoying the sights and sounds. Have I mentioned how much I love the boardwalk? We both agreed that my parents would love it so I hope we are able to get our trip with them in 2013, and if we do – I hope we can stay at the Yacht or Beach Club Resort. We walked back through BWI to the bus stop to catch a bus to MK. We sat down next to a really nice woman who we talked to for a while and asked us about our day. She had just came back from MK and was on her way to DTD. She told us that space mountain was closed – bummer. I’m not entirely sure how long we waited sine we were busy chatting. We got on the bus and sat in the front, across from some older women (like great grandmas lol) and got to talking about how it was 5/21 and the world hadn’t ended. I had almost forgotten about that. Our pastor the Sunday before had done an entire sermon on how Harold Camping manipulated bible verses to make his “prediction” look true. I can’t believe people have believed him… twice. His next prediction says October of this year. I don’t know how he is going to get anyone to believe him when that falls through too. But anyway…. Once we got to MK our plan was to book it to BTMRR to get a FP. The first parade was getting ready to start so it was nearly impossible to do this. We cut through the Emporium to save time, but people kept getting in our way LOL. Then we were met by more crowds outside of Casey’s. We were trying to cut through Liberty Square to get to Frontierland. It didn’t work out too well. We ended up seeing a line for a meet and greet with Princess Tiana so we decided to get in line. Not long after us they closed the line off. It was 850pm and they told us she would be back at 9. We waited a loooooong time to see them. There was a family in front of us from Ohio so we talked to them for a while. They were actually on their way out of the park to start their drive home, and their DD spotted Tiana and wanted to get in line. I hate waiting a long time, and so does DH but we were both patient. They ended up being SO worth the wait. The prince was absolutely hilarious. Prince Naveen asked my husband his name, and then DH asked him his… then DH said wait, I should know that but sorry, haven’t seen your movie dude LOL. When the PP started to take our first picture, he told us to say ribbit since they are both frogs. After 1…2…and part of 3 he starts shouting “SNOW WHITE….. SNOW WHITE…..” (the parade was passing) and then I think he told her to call him. We both were laughing SO hard it was hilarious. My DH asked him if Snow White was pretty and he said yes, but she was no “Minnie the Mouse” I can’t remember exactly what else we talked about, but he was funny. Tiana was a good one, she looked just like her and was very pretty. She didn’t say much though. She called me “suga” haha. When Prince Naveen was yelling for Snow White, I asked her how that made her feel and she just laughed. I have to stop using therapeutic communication all the time LOL.

So finally after waiting we were on our way to check out the space mountain situation – it was closed. We stopped at Auntie Gravity’s and split a smoothie – we had the tropical and it was really good. Then we headed over to BTMRR. Standby was 20 minutes, but DH didn’t want to wait so we grabbed a FP for 10:40-11:40. I stopped and talked to my dad for a minute on the phone, and then we headed to Adventureland and walked right on. We then went to get in line for HM to kill some time before we could ride BTMRR. HM is usually a walk on. For some reason the lines were NOT moving, and it said a 10 minute wait but it definitely didn’t look like that. To make matters better, someone had thrown up in line and they had to close off one side. After waiting a few minutes and realizing this wasn’t going to be a walk on, we decided to climb out of line. Of course after I get back I find out that it had been re-vamped since our last visit and we probably should of rode it. Oh well. Then it was time to use our FP for BTMRR. The standby still said it was only a 20 minute wait, but the line was so long that It couldn’t have been right. After we rode, we decided to head back to Tomorrowland and get a cream cheese stuffed pretzel. The Lunching Pad was closed so I didn’t get one. We were tired so it was time to make our way to the exit. We only waited about 5 minutes for a bus, and were on our way by 11:25pm. By midnight we were back at Jambo House and getting ready for bed. We had a busy day ahead – it would be our first visit to a Disney water park! We had a bunch of photopass pictures taken with various views of the castle in the background, but I’m not a fan of them. Why didn’t anyone tell me those shorts were that short and tight? LOL. Here’s one I do like though, or at least it’s not too bad.

Up next – a Sunday super scorcher at Blizzard Beach!

Old 07-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #88
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Therapeutic Communication. I took that class this past winter, I hated it! Nothing like having to record yourself and a friend acting out scenarios using "therapeutic communication" and getting marked on how genuine you are.

Prince Naveen sounds hilarious!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #89
dtr_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Therapeutic Communication. I took that class this past winter, I hated it! Nothing like having to record yourself and a friend acting out scenarios using "therapeutic communication" and getting marked on how genuine you are.

Prince Naveen sounds hilarious!
LOL. We totally had to do that in 1st semester psych with the recorders. There was definitely lots of laughter. I got sick of learning about therapeutic communication, but crazy how it creeps up when you least expect it haha. He was so funny. I'm so bummed we didn't get to meet Rapunzel & Flynn Rider - I bet he was funny too.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #90
kmaria
Mouseketeer

Great updates! I'm finally all caught up. I must say I LOVE the green shirt that you wore on the Epcot day, & the fact that you both wore green and matched haha. And major props for eating so healthy (never mind the chocolate dome and milk shake) at Disney World. Seriously. I struggle to do that on a daily basis at home and on vacation there is no way I will be getting healthy apple slices on my honeymoon... unless they are covered in caramel. I should try to adopt those habits...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: