Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #976
ldeavila22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
I stayed in a family suite in August 2008 (for Tropical Storm Faye). We were there for 2 weeks and had friends who came in the middle of our stay. Our reservations were linked and they were in a standard room just a few doors down from us in a Jazz building.
Thank U! I will request to stay in the Jazz Building!
ldeavila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #977
luvalwaysMandy
Mouseketeer

In the first post of the tread, the bed between the chair and the couch, is that the red ottomen? I just want to make sure I get where all the beds come from and set up best.
DS(7)
DD(4)
DD (2)
luvalwaysMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2011, 05:25 AM   #978
lamb616
DIS Veteran

yes, the ottoman. We pushed the ottoman into the bedroom and set it up next to the bed (I slept in the bed, DD (3) slept in the ottoman bed next to me. DH & DS slept in the living room.

April, 2012 ~ Impromptu mother/son trip ~ Caribbean Beach Resort!
lamb616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #979
PaulaSue
I have a purple car too and love it
Even I need a nap now and then

Thank you everyone for the info. I think I finally found our next room. (I was planning POR but after Poly something was missing, SPACE) Now if I could just get a code or remember to ask for my AAA discount....Love the threads since I totally forgot about the AAAs.

4 Parks, 3 Generations, 2 Birthdays, 1 Anniversary, Priceless...1/06

4 Parks, 3 Generations, 2nd Trip, 1 Week with Family and Friends...10/08

F&W, Music to our ears...10/11

Tire Pros "Family" is going to Disney...1/15
PaulaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #980
cheyandrew7
Mouseketeer

We are staying here when we go in sept 2012. I called a few days ago and booked it for 13 day and 14 nights can't wait. We need more room since there is going to be 6 of us now that the new baby will be going
Old 07-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #981
ldeavila22
Earning My Ears

Amenities at the All Start family suites.

We have booked a family suite at the All Star Music and are wondering, for those of you that have been there, what kind of amenities are offered. I know there is a coffee maker, but do they provide the coffee, creamer, and sugar. Can I take my own coffee and use their coffee maker? Would I have to bring coffee filters as well? Also, I understand they provide cups, plates, and such for six, but can we ask them for extra plates and cups and such? We are planning to have some groceries delivered to our suite. My sister will be in a standard room (hopefully not too far from us!) and we would like to have breakfast in our suite before heading out to the parks. Or should I just bring extra plates, cups and such? Also, are there cleaning supplies (such as dishwashing soap and scrubbing pad) so we can wash our resort mugs and such. I would imagine that after a few days of using our resort mugs we’d want to give them a good clean rather than just rinsing Thanks!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #982
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Ideavilla,

They provide only a small coffee maker-the kind that makes only two cups at most, along with styrofoam cups and sugar/stirrer/creamer to go with that. If your group is going to need more than two cups, I would sugggest that you bring your own coffee maker or Keurig. I brought ours and also brought a supply of those little flavored creamers.

The Family suite has paper goods-plates, bowls, plastic cutlery, cups, etc-we also brought some of our own and were very glad that we had brought our own bowls as the ones they provided were very small-not large enough for the amount of cereal we like. I remember them provding paper towels too. I just don't remember about cleaning supplies which probably means they didn't provide any-since the dishes and cutlery and paper and plastic, I think they figure it all gets thrown out and housekeeping cleans the sink.

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #983
Elmo888
"Cake is a sometimes food. Cake is a sometimes food." - Linda Flynn Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeavila22 View Post
We have booked a family suite at the All Star Music and are wondering, for those of you that have been there, what kind of amenities are offered. I know there is a coffee maker, but do they provide the coffee, creamer, and sugar. Can I take my own coffee and use their coffee maker? Would I have to bring coffee filters as well? Also, I understand they provide cups, plates, and such for six, but can we ask them for extra plates and cups and such? We are planning to have some groceries delivered to our suite. My sister will be in a standard room (hopefully not too far from us!) and we would like to have breakfast in our suite before heading out to the parks. Or should I just bring extra plates, cups and such? Also, are there cleaning supplies (such as dishwashing soap and scrubbing pad) so we can wash our resort mugs and such. I would imagine that after a few days of using our resort mugs we’d want to give them a good clean rather than just rinsing Thanks!
Coffee (in those little filter packets), sugar, and powdered creamer. If you would like to bring your own coffee or like something special in your coffee (not a fan of powdered creamer!), then you will need to bring your own (bring the coffee filters in the little size). I brought my own coffee and filters, and it worked well.

Yes, plates, cups, bowls, and plasticware (forks and such) are for 6. If your sister needs more, you could get some from the food court or request more from "mousekeeping". I think that either way, it would be pretty easy to get more.

I brought my own dish soap - none was provided.

Have a great trip!
1/01 Port Orleans
1/97 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
'74 - '76 Contemporary Resort/Offsite/Too young to remember details
Elmo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #984
Grendalynn
Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran

Subscribing
- Dad 39 - Mom 36 -DS14 -DS10 - DS7

Grendalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #985
ldeavila22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal View Post
Ideavilla,

They provide only a small coffee maker-the kind that makes only two cups at most, along with styrofoam cups and sugar/stirrer/creamer to go with that. If your group is going to need more than two cups, I would sugggest that you bring your own coffee maker or Keurig. I brought ours and also brought a supply of those little flavored creamers.

The Family suite has paper goods-plates, bowls, plastic cutlery, cups, etc-we also brought some of our own and were very glad that we had brought our own bowls as the ones they provided were very small-not large enough for the amount of cereal we like. I remember them provding paper towels too. I just don't remember about cleaning supplies which probably means they didn't provide any-since the dishes and cutlery and paper and plastic, I think they figure it all gets thrown out and housekeeping cleans the sink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo888 View Post
Coffee (in those little filter packets), sugar, and powdered creamer. If you would like to bring your own coffee or like something special in your coffee (not a fan of powdered creamer!), then you will need to bring your own (bring the coffee filters in the little size). I brought my own coffee and filters, and it worked well.

Yes, plates, cups, bowls, and plasticware (forks and such) are for 6. If your sister needs more, you could get some from the food court or request more from "mousekeeping". I think that either way, it would be pretty easy to get more.

I brought my own dish soap - none was provided.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the info! I think I may end up taking my small coffee maker since we will for sure be having more than two cups of coffee!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #986
Elmo888
"Cake is a sometimes food. Cake is a sometimes food." - Linda Flynn Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeavila22 View Post
Thanks for the info! I think I may end up taking my small coffee maker since we will for sure be having more than two cups of coffee!

I think that it technically a four-cup coffeemaker, but that usually just fills up two of the styrofoam cups that they give you! I'll see if I can find a pic.

ETA: If you go to the first post of this thread, there is a pic of the coffeemaker and you can kind of see the cup marks (go to the pic with the open fridge). It looks like a 4-cup coffeemaker.
1/01 Port Orleans
1/97 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
'74 - '76 Contemporary Resort/Offsite/Too young to remember details
Elmo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #987
ldeavila22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo888 View Post
ETA: If you go to the first post of this thread, there is a pic of the coffeemaker and you can kind of see the cup marks (go to the pic with the open fridge). It looks like a 4-cup coffeemaker.
Good to know! Actually, the one in the picture is just like the one I have at work. And you're right, it makes 4 cups, but really two big cups. Thanks
Old 07-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #988
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

I am slowly wading through all the great info and pics here, and have a quick question that I haven't yet seen answered - If we book a family suite and a regular room, how likely is it that we can get the two next to one another or at least very close? Are the suites all grouped together or are there regular rooms nearby? And would the odds be better if we booked a preferred room or a standard?

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #989
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I am slowly wading through all the great info and pics here, and have a quick question that I haven't yet seen answered - If we book a family suite and a regular room, how likely is it that we can get the two next to one another or at least very close? Are the suites all grouped together or are there regular rooms nearby? And would the odds be better if we booked a preferred room or a standard?
We stayed in a suite in Aug 08 for 14 nights. Our friends had a standard room for 7 nights in the middle of our trip. We were in one of the Jazz buildings and they were just a few doors done.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #990
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Part of the suites are in Calypso (preferred) and part are in Jazz (regular). I believe they are intermingled with non-suite rooms. I suppose booking a preferred room would up your odds since there is only one building for that and it has the suites too.

If you have enough people (8 or more) for a Grand Gathering, I believe they work to put parties close together. I know they won't "guarantee" anything, whatever a reservation agent tells you.

Good luck! This thread has some great info and photos.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: