Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #31
janey2000
Mouseketeer

After breakfast we went to find the running track and had a game of shuffle board before heading to the pools. Again the weather was lovely and the pools were very quiet. At lunch we got pizza and other naughty treats and sat by the Goofy pool watching Cinderella 3. They had a special ice cream today, blueberry, it was so good I had 2 tubs!

Learning the rules of Shuffleboard

Not sure if I was surprised or just rubbing water from my face?

About 2pm we went to the running track where Jack did several laps power walking pushing the pushchair whilst Georgia napped. I relaxed on a lounger (who needs exercise on holiday?!) painted my nails and filled out the future cruise enquiry form just to see what was on offer.

A passing ferry

When she woke she wanted to swim again so we had a quick dip before I showered her ready for Huey, Dewey and Louie games in the club at 4.30. I then had an hour free time which I used to shower and get ready for the evening and arrange my FE gifts to distribute. When I collected Georgia she was happily playing around but wasn’t joining in with the main activity as she must have lost concentration. We waited to see if Donald would come but he was too busy it seemed.

The club

I then thought we’d have another mother and daughter bonding session distributing the gifts but G must have had other ideas. It seemed simple to walk the ship as we only had 5 staterooms to deliver to but in reality it was a nightmare! Some of the areas I thought would be accessible to walk through were not so you ended up having to go up or down a level to walk mid ship etc. Georgia complained the whole time that her feet were hurting and that she wanted dinner!

Tonight was our Animator’s Palate show where the room and waiting staff change from being black and white to colourful. This wasn’t as amazing as we thought it would be but still pretty cool!

Look who popped in

My dessert

The show was a shorter one this evening called ‘Once upon a song’ and consisted of Disney songs being sung. The staff are very talented but for Georgia it was a bit boring as there was only really the singing going on.

Last edited by janey2000; 06-30-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: edit to photo
janey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #32
janey2000
Mouseketeer

The sunset as we sailed away

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #33
janey2000
Mouseketeer

Ship photos

As it was so empty inside today I took some photos of the ship and the hidden Mickeys....

Old 07-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #34
silverangel879
Who you callin' a princess? It's PIRATE PRINCESS to you!

Joining the fun!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #35
heatherbelle
DIS Veteran

subscribing, thanks for posting.
2005 - WDW -Off site LBV, 2006 WDW Regal Palms, 2007 - WDW Regal Palms, 2008 - Disney Old Key West, 2009 - Disneyland LA/SD, 2010 Yacht Club, 2011 Med Disney Cruise. 2012 Yacht Club again! 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med, 2014- Carnival Breeze & Yacht Club .
heatherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #36
heatherbelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janey2000 View Post
an absolute bargain! I still don’t know how I managed to find such a good deal. We paid £42 for a triple room with kitchenette and breakfast! The kitchenette meant I could cook a quick and pasta meal as Georgia was ready for dinner when we arrived.
Hi Can you remember the name of the hotel and who you booked it through. I currently have a hotel booked and it costs another 100 Euros on top without breakfast.
2005 - WDW -Off site LBV, 2006 WDW Regal Palms, 2007 - WDW Regal Palms, 2008 - Disney Old Key West, 2009 - Disneyland LA/SD, 2010 Yacht Club, 2011 Med Disney Cruise. 2012 Yacht Club again! 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med, 2014- Carnival Breeze & Yacht Club .
Old 07-03-2011, 01:48 AM   #37
janey2000
Mouseketeer

Heatherbelle,
The info you need is on post 19, top of page 2.
x
Old 07-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #38
heatherbelle
DIS Veteran

Thanks, I skipped that page, as we're not going to Sicily on our cruise, typical that it contained the info I needed. Thanks
Old 07-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #39
janey2000
Mouseketeer

Day 8 - La Spezia

This was one of my favourite port days. The original plan had been to go to Pisa but it was a long train ride just to see a tower and take a photo. We couldn’t have climbed the tower due to Georgia’s age… and Jack’s fear of heights! And there isn’t anything else in Pisa but the tower I don’t believe.
So instead we went to visit Cinque Terre, the 5 little towns along the coast. We actually only managed 3 of them but picked the better ones, it was amazing!

After yesterdays fancy breakfast we choose to eat at Parrot Cay this morning as it was a nicer setting, less crowded and had the nicer tea bags! We left the ship about 8.45 but the tender took a good 30 minutes. The walk to the station was an easy one (we walked right past a tourist info desk that gave us maps) but again took a good 20 minutes.

At the train station there is a specific Cinque Terre office where we purchased a one day travel pass for use on all the trains between the towns and for the walks. There were some other benefits of this pass that we weren’t able to use such as bicycle hire, use on the bus, discount off certain gifts etc. It was 10 euro per adult.

We took the 10am train to the furthest town Monterosso which took about 17 minutes I think. It was another scorching hot day and we arrived in the beautiful little town that had a beach.

This was a great place for Georgia as they had a play park scattered along the promenade.

Georgia and Daddy had a walk along the rocks and saw a crab.

We then had our next Italian coffee fix, a cappuccino. I’d read that Monterosso was the highest priced of the towns but the coffee was 2 Euro each, exactly the same as we had been paying everywhere else.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #40
janey2000
Mouseketeer

The next train was about 1200 so we made our way to Manarola. From here we took some photos from the walkway along the cliff side and Georgia fell asleep in her pushchair.

There were some lovely little shops and eating places in this town but it was much smaller in comparison to Monterosso.

We then walked the Via Del Amore (Lovers path) which was a 15 min gentle stroll and perfectly accessible for pushchair/wheelchair users. Along the way we saw the various locks that lover’s had literally risked their lives to place in the most inaccessible spots! We hadn’t brought a lock or a pen so I took photos of others writings that matched our names!

This was so cute, she’ll find out in years to come that It wasn’t written for her!

Jack’s real name is Andrew… and I couldn’t find J + J!!!

Old 07-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #41
janey2000
Mouseketeer

Riomaggiore was the next town we came to at the end of our walk along the lover’s path. This was an even smaller town and we just took a few pretty photos and headed to the train station for our short journey back to La Spezia.

On our walk back to port we came across another park, located just before you get to the water.

We tendered back and think we got back on the ship for 3pm. We headed back to the room to get our swimming gear on and then got some snacks to eat before spending some time watching ‘Finding Nemo’ in Goofy’s pool!

Old 07-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #42
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

What wonderful pictures you have, thank you for sharing.

I am most excited about Cinque Terre, where in the train station did you find the Cinque Terre park office?

mkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #43
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

How much research did you do before you did your own thing? Next time I'm tagging along with you!!!
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #44
nemo123
first time cruisers

What awesome photos and reviews! Do you have photos of your Personal Navigators? We leave in two days for Barcelona!
nemo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #45
janey2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmommy View Post
What wonderful pictures you have, thank you for sharing.

I am most excited about Cinque Terre, where in the train station did you find the Cinque Terre park office?
Thankyou. They photos are more for my benefit as mostly all feature my little girl!

It was really easy to do and this was the one place I did the least research on as we were going to Pisa before I found Cinque Terre as an alternative a few days before we left. When you get inside the train station you'll see it, it is covered in Cinque Terre signs. From the entrance we walked in from (thought it was the main entrance but not completly sure) it was on the right alongside the platform. It is not a little ticket booth, it is a whole room so you cant miss it. The staff spoke english and gave us a timetable of the trains along with the ticket. If we hadn't of had Georgia with us we would have spent a lot more time there and hiked more of the trails or used the bus system. It really was a wonderful place to visit and very easy to do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: