Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #16
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

Yay! I'm interested to see how you like this Hotel Menage. I remember when it was the Travelodge at the Park! Nice pool!
kylie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #17
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You leave soon! Woohoo!! We'll be right behind you!
Have a great trip!

Thanks Daisybelle! Hope you have a great trip too!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #18
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie71 View Post
Yay! I'm interested to see how you like this Hotel Menage. I remember when it was the Travelodge at the Park! Nice pool!
Kylie - I'm curious too. It is where we always used to stay when it was the Holiday Day Anaheim At The Park. I loved that we could sit in the pool and watch the fireworks at night.

I've heard some sort of mixed reviews since the Casa Group took it over but I'm hoping for the best. I know noise has been an issue for some people but my kids are older and will be up late anyways.

Fingers crossed!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 07-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #19
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

There were several things I wanted to comment on and now I can remember one single thing?!?

Lets see .....

1. You have a beautiful family
2. You don't look a day over 29
3. I've debated on staying at Hotel Menage a few times, so I'm excited on hearing about your experience there. Please be sure to let me know what you think as soon as you get back.
4. I had the BIGGEST crush on Doogie Houser when I was a kid. I swore I was going to marry him, and was a little shocked when I heard he played for the other team. I still love him though.
5. I hate when you hesitate on booking something and a day later the price has sky rocketed. That has happened to me on more then one occassion while planning my current trip.

I look forward to hearing about your trip. I'm jealous you'll be there so soon. You'll be there for my 33rd....... ummmmm I mean my 29th birthday.

Have fun!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #20
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
There were several things I wanted to comment on and now I can remember one single thing?!?

Lets see .....

1. You have a beautiful family
2. You don't look a day over 29
3. I've debated on staying at Hotel Menage a few times, so I'm excited on hearing about your experience there. Please be sure to let me know what you think as soon as you get back.
4. I had the BIGGEST crush on Doogie Houser when I was a kid. I swore I was going to marry him, and was a little shocked when I heard he played for the other team. I still love him though.
5. I hate when you hesitate on booking something and a day later the price has sky rocketed. That has happened to me on more then one occassion while planning my current trip.

I look forward to hearing about your trip. I'm jealous you'll be there so soon. You'll be there for my 33rd....... ummmmm I mean my 29th birthday.

Have fun!

LOL! Thanks - I'll celebrate with Mickey for you!

I have the biggest celeb crushes on gay men - Neil Patrick Harris, David Hyde Peirce, Sean Hays, Anderson Cooper, etc.....its really a problem actually! Oh well.....

Thanks for your kind words about my family. My girls are my life.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #21
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

It's so close!!

I think it is the safeness of the gay men. They are non threatening and they have more in common with you than straight men. Just a theory.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #22
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Two Days To Go And I'm Panicing!

Did you hear me?

Two days!

TWO DAYS!!!!!!

And up until this point I have done absolutely nothing other then make my ressies and buy the park tickets and I hadn't even printed those out!

I haven't done anything!!!!!

Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

It just hit me that we are leaving the day after tomorrow before the butt-crack of dawn so I should probably do something - anything - to get ready.

So I'm going to make a list and you guys can laugh at all I have to do with what's left of today which isn't much and I have a hot date tonight (I know - good timing and all but too bad - I'm going) and tomorrow.

Here comes the list. Support is appreciated. Pointing and laughing is not.

-make packing lists for the kids
-make packing list for me
-get travel medical insurance
-find out if I have rental insurance for the rental car
-check pressure in Moosey's tires (yes, my Jeep has a name)
-oil change for Moosey
-find out which border crossings are 24 hours
-find out which exit to take off of the highway for the airport
-buy a point and shoot camera because I'm not lugging my 7D
-buy a memory card for the aforementioned camera
-find out which beaches I want to go to
-buy sunscreen
-refill my medications
-find all the chargers and cords for electronics
-buy books for my iPad
-wash Moosey
-do the mountain of laundry
-pack
-check in online
-give hotel contact info to my parents and my best friend
-take Tink to and from her sleepover tonight
-take garbage to the dump so it doesn't rot in the heat
-get the kids travel insurance info from their dad
-buy printer ink
-print Disney Passes

Hmmmmm......thats all I can think of right now but I'm quite sure there is more.

Somebody hold me!

Okay, just for fun - here is a new pic of Belle and Tink I took the other day!

Edited to say that the pic is showing up really red on here and it isn't that colour anywhere else. Either photobucket hates me or the disboards do. I'm really not that bad of a photographer! lol!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #23
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
It's so close!!

I think it is the safeness of the gay men. They are non threatening and they have more in common with you than straight men. Just a theory.

I know! 2 more days! You can see by my post I just put up that I'm in full on panic mode and yet I sit here on the computer! lol! Go me!

I think you are on to something about my choice in men. Oh well. Its a beautiful fantasy in my head!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #24
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Looks liek you'll have quite the rush to finish getting ready! But you can do it As for the photo, sounds like a Photobucket issue. I hate uploading photos there because it always does something with the color. It usually desaturates mine which drives me bonkers. I gave up on putting my photos there and now use Flickr except for my signatures and other graphics I try out.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #25
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Kylie - I'm curious too. It is where we always used to stay when it was the Holiday Day Anaheim At The Park. I loved that we could sit in the pool and watch the fireworks at night.

I've heard some sort of mixed reviews since the Casa Group took it over but I'm hoping for the best. I know noise has been an issue for some people but my kids are older and will be up late anyways.

Fingers crossed!
I'm not sure it was a Holiday Inn.. could have been after it was a Travelodge! Some of those hotels change names and owner's frequently... I do know their is a Starbucks accross the street, though!
You better get packing! Literally! Enjoy the Hot date though!
I had a crush on NPH too, and I love Anderson Cooper, he has such a dry sense of humor....
kylie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #26
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I do that. I tell myself that I have a ton of time to get ready and then at the last minute and then run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Just take a deep breath and it will all get done.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #27
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Good luck getting everything done! And more importantly, good luck on your date!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #28
Nintfamily
Mouseketeer

Good luck! I can totally relate to panic. I have just 8 days and am going crazy! We are flying out of BLI shortly after you as well. I have lists everywhere and I am checking and re-checking the plans/budget and is everything in the bags?!? Is the dogs sitters (yes, I have 2 sitters for 5 dogs) confirmed? The lists go on and on. My mantra is "this is will be worth the stress now, when I am having a blast in Disney!"
Old 07-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #29
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Looks liek you'll have quite the rush to finish getting ready! But you can do it As for the photo, sounds like a Photobucket issue. I hate uploading photos there because it always does something with the color. It usually desaturates mine which drives me bonkers. I gave up on putting my photos there and now use Flickr except for my signatures and other graphics I try out.

Thanks Jessica. I was wondering if Flickr was any better then photobucket. I'll have to check it out because my photos are always either weird colours or totally washed out and its driving me nuts! Nuts I tell you!

LOL!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #30
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie71 View Post
I'm not sure it was a Holiday Inn.. could have been after it was a Travelodge! Some of those hotels change names and owner's frequently... I do know their is a Starbucks accross the street, though!
You better get packing! Literally! Enjoy the Hot date though!
I had a crush on NPH too, and I love Anderson Cooper, he has such a dry sense of humor....
It very well may have been a Travelodge at some point. I think it must have not been a real profitable property being a little away from the action on the other side of the highway. I love that its a real short walk but away from the craziness.

Packing is about to commence! Woot!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: