Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #31
Verstehen
But...they don't TASTE like apples!

I'm not necessarily the best judge since the only deluxe I've stayed at is Wilderness Lodge, but I've stayed there three times and I LOVE it. Beautiful decor, nice rooms, good location. Love, love, love. My uncle stayed with his family at GF and weren't big fans of the atmosphere (wasn't Disney enough for them), and my grandparents stayed at Boardwalk and were underwhelmed by the theme. My other uncle stayed at Polynesian, and from what I know he did like it. I also think my mom's family stayed at Contemporary way back when it first opened, but I don't know that anyone remembers what it was like XD

"Danger is My Cup of Tea." A Labor Day Weekend Trip Report!

1991: CBR, 1994: WL, 1994: POR (Dixie Landings), 1995: WL, 1997: CSR, 2001: POFQ, 2008: Offsite, 2010: WL (CL!), 2011: POFQ, 2012: DLR! (Offsite, day trip), CBR

Florida resident annual passholder! Too many day trips to list here! Exclamation point!
Verstehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #32
DizFan101
DIS Veteran

I love the Poly too.
But i think it would be kind of neat to stay in the Contemporary because it was one of the first hotels on disney property. . I have a book

The Magic Kingdom: The First Decade and it shows the Contemporary being built. How cool is that?

but my mom says it's kind of dull. lol.
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #33
skiingwife
DIS Veteran

We normally stay at the Yacht Club or the Polynesian, doing a split stay between the two. We also have stayed at the Boardwalk, and just returned Sunday from two nights at the Contemporary. Up until now, my favorite was the Polynesian - I love the Hawaiian feel and smell of the place. I also love the decor and the pool and beach. My husband's favorite was the Yacht Club for the atmosphere and closeness to Epcot. My kids could probably go either way on the two. But after this weekend, my husband and I agree that the Contemporary is our new favorite! There is so much activity going on there. I could just stay there and never go to a park and still have plenty to do. The pools are great, and there's jetski rentals, waterskiing, parasailing, boat rentals. We liked the fact that the pools were open until midnight, whereas Stormalong Bay closed at 8:00, I believe. We loved getting on the monorail to go to Polynesian or Grand Floridian for lunch or dinner, and it was great walking to the MK. We also enjoyed eating at California Grill and Contempo Cafe. And the room was fabulous. I loved the decor. Next trip, we'll be at the Contemporary.
skiingwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #34
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Which resort appeals to you the most, is there one you have always wanted to stay at? I would go with that one. I think it also depends on your price range. WL and AKL are significantly cheaper than the other deluxes, because of this the rooms are smaller and the transportation options are not as convenient as the MK or Epcot area resorts. That being said, we've stayed at both and really enjoyed them. The theming is great and it's amazing to be able to see animals from your balcony (at AKL).

I've also stayed at the CR, but it wasn't themed enough for me. I think if I were in the main tower it would have been better. This was also before they changed over to a more modern room design, the rooms now look really nice.

Our favorite resort is the GF, we have stayed there twice, once in a garden view room and once in RPC. The resort is gorgeous, so many great options for dining, and so convenient to be on the monorail. We love both of the pools there. The rooms are bright and airy. All of the CM's have been great.

This trip we'll be at BWI, we haven't tried out the Epcot area yet and I love the look of the rooms here. One day we also want to stay at YC. The pool looks so fun!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #35
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Grand Floridian and Yacht Club.

Both for the same reasons pools, restaurants, location, decor, staff and wonderful beds.
Gotta go with Sammie on this!

We're doing the Poly on this trip for sentimental reasons-it was our honeymoon resort and this is an anniversary trip.

But, having had stayed at all the deluxes many times over, these two we keep going back to over and over.

PS..DH does love the WL, too!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Lulu'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deluxe resorts, resorts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: