Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #1171
Frannie115
Mouseketeer

Taking a break mid day. Best tip ever!

Getting to parks early and leaving by 1 PM. Go back in evening and enjoy dinner, parade and fireworks without being totally exhausted.

We didn't do this at AK, and I got ill from the heat that day

1988 Hilton LBV; 1996 off-site; 2000 off-site; 2005 DCL; 2009 ASSp; 2011 CBR
Frannie115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #1172
Disny4girls
Mouseketeer

I have a question...I am really concern about arriving to the parks so late on my first day. We will probably arrive about noon. Well I just realized that I have to go to my resort to check in first to get my park tickets. I went through AAA but they said I would have to check in first then get park tickest. I was just hoping to be able to drop off our bags and then hit the bus to go to MK.
My question is, if everyone knows to take a break around noonish will the crowds be to horrendous to even try to go to MK? Thanks!

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD Again WDW All Star Movies August 2007 Disneyland 2008 Going back July 2011 to celebrate being CANCER FREE!!
Only a few rides the first time. But got TWO full autograph books. This time every ride we can get on!
Disny4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #1173
Rekenna
DIS Veteran

Wink No Worries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disny4girls View Post
I have a question...I am really concern about arriving to the parks so late on my first day. We will probably arrive about noon. Well I just realized that I have to go to my resort to check in first to get my park tickets. I went through AAA but they said I would have to check in first then get park tickest. I was just hoping to be able to drop off our bags and then hit the bus to go to MK.
My question is, if everyone knows to take a break around noonish will the crowds be to horrendous to even try to go to MK? Thanks!
When are you going? Will your arrival day be an EMH day? Will you be going to MK another day of your trip?

If you are going to MK on another day as well, don't sweat it! There will be availability on rides and such. Ride the rides you can get on reasonably on your half day and then get to the others on your early arrival MK day. Maybe take this day to watch the afternoon pararade at 3pm, MSEP and Wishes and then save your other MK day just for rides.

It will work out. Try to enjoy your first day, for me after all that traveling I am really worked up when I go to the park after just arriving-it's very stressful between the airport and checking in and the excitement of arrival.

Have fun, travel safe!
Rekenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #1174
Rekenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo007 View Post
Main Point - small groups are best. Even better when I am part of each one
Great strategy, I will have to take a page from your book. LOVE IT!
Rekenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #1175
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
You haven't said what date you will arrive, so I don't know what time MK closes that day, or what the predicted crowd levels might be. However, I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you are arriving on a holiday weekend. Ride what you can, and get whatever fastpasses you can.

Are you arriving by plane and taking ME? If so, you may want to do online check in (you can do this up to 10 days before you arrive). This way you get off ME and go straight to the online check in counter. The process is much more streamlined than going through the regular check in. And a ME arrival can dump a lot of people into the lineup! Your luggage won't arrive via ME for another 3-4 hours.

If you arrive by car, you can check your luggage, check in quickly, then head to the park. You can call for your luggage when you return later in the day.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #1176
Disny4girls
Mouseketeer

I looked into the online check in and was wondering about that but how do I get my park tickets?

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD Again WDW All Star Movies August 2007 Disneyland 2008 Going back July 2011 to celebrate being CANCER FREE!!
Only a few rides the first time. But got TWO full autograph books. This time every ride we can get on!
Disny4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #1177
aribelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I looked into the online check in and was wondering about that but how do I get my park tickets?
Online check in doesn't mean you don't have to still go to guest services....it just means that most of the check in process will already be done and your room key (which will have your park tickets encoded) will already be ready for you to pick up. Cuts the wait time by a lot.
aribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #1178
amynymom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringin_em_up_proper View Post
- Go to the dollar store and buy spiral-bound, unlined index cards (3x5). We bought some Disney stickers and letters to spell their names, and voila - personalized (cheap) autograph books.
That is a great way to do it cheap! I couldn't decide what I wanted to do. This is a great thing for the kids to decorate themselves.
amynymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #1179
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Autograph book

All great tips!

They had this exact journal at Walmart today for $10 less! I snagged one. I figued I could use it for autographs for DD7.

http://www.disneystore.com/journals-...=KNC-DSSGoogle

They also had all their Disney tees for kids $5.00. Got Chip and Dale! Never saw that one, beautiful pink mickey with sparkles, too!

Gotta save wherever I can!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #1180
pooki1
Mouseketeer

Talking

Crocs!, you can wear them with socks or without, they dry quickly and are so comfortable!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #1181
Sweetsunshine
Earning My Ears

Good thing my trip is five months away, because it will take me that long to read all these great ideas.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #1182
scoopmorgan
DIS Veteran

Put an address label on all electronic equipment (camera, phone, mp3 player...) Guests frequently leave small items behind, and CM's will turn them into GR. They check to see if you are a guest at their hotels, and if not, they will mail your gadget back to you, if they know where to send it! A friend of mine learned this the hard way.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #1183
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callalily6 View Post
If you have kids, avoid the light up sneakers - the power pack in the heel makes their feet hurt badly. It took me forever to figure out that was the problem.

I thought you had to go through the security line if you had stuff - is that not true? Really, bags only? If I have a water bottle, and no bag, I can walk right in? I was surprised to read about folks packing cargo pants full of stuff and skipping security.
I've often thought that bag check is a waste. If you wanted to bring anything illegal into the park who would put it in a bag that was going to be searched. So you can smuggle anything past them. Why put the guest through this.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #1184
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly F - Ohio View Post
I've often thought that bag check is a waste. If you wanted to bring a gun or anything else illegal into the park who would put it in a bag that was going to be searched.
The bag search is not just a bag seach. It also serves to slow people down, so that security can eye-ball everyone.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #1185
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

I spray my cloth vera bradley hipster with water repellant and our shoes.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: