Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #286
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Hi Linda

I must admit I totally fell in love with the coconut chicken curry soup at Boma a few years ago - it wasn't really like a soup though - more of a curry.

As you are coming to the end of this review - when are you next back in the bosom of Disney?
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #287
PatsMom
Sometimes has Dory moments!
I have two brothers and either of them would have been proud to be suspended for stinking up the bus

Wonderful reviews and pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post them.
September 1996 - Fort Wilderness (DD and DH's first trip) October 1999 - Fort Wilderness November 2001 - Fort Wilderness November 2004 - Fort Wilderness November 2005 - Saratoga Springs December 2006 - Saratoga Springs February 2007 - All Star Sports August 2007 - Boardwalk Villas November 2007 - Saratoga Springs February 2008 - Villas at the Wilderness Lodge August 2008 - Old Key West
December 2008 - Saratoga Springs February 2009 - Beach Club Villas September 2009 (50th birthday trip) - Bay Lake Tower January 2010 - Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) May 2010 - Old Key West September 2010 - Bay Lake Tower May 2011 - Beach Club Villas October 2011 - Saratoga Springs January 2012 - Old Key West May 2012 - Old Key West October 2012 - Old Key West January 2013 - Family gathering at Old Key West; May 2013 - Wilderness Lodge Villas; November 2013 - AKL Jambo House; February 2014 - Saratoga Springs
PatsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #288
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hi Linda,

sorry I have been MIA for a while, but we had a little hickup along the way to our summer trip and it needed to be dealt with.

But I am now back and LOVED hearing about Jiko! I am VERY excited about it, as we will visit next month!
I really really hope your DH's dessert is still on the menu - right up my street.

As for AP - we liked our meal last year but were not so impressed that we will be returning this summer.
The salmon is devine - like you said, cooked to perfection. I had that same dish and loved it too!

I didn't know there is an EoS in London. Hm, that trip to London looks more interesting by the minute!

No fun seeing your review coming to an end! Hope you get to go back real soon!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:09 AM   #289
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

Love the caption on the Darth Vader cupcake!

That AP salmon looks great, I wish that's what I had ordered when I went.
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #290
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Hi Linda

I must admit I totally fell in love with the coconut chicken curry soup at Boma a few years ago - it wasn't really like a soup though - more of a curry.

As you are coming to the end of this review - when are you next back in the bosom of Disney?
Hi Shari

I thought the soups at Boma were amazing

Not too long before I go back the The World, we are going in October for Food & Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsMom View Post
Wonderful reviews and pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post them.
You are vey welcome, thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Hi Linda,

sorry I have been MIA for a while, but we had a little hickup along the way to our summer trip and it needed to be dealt with.

But I am now back and LOVED hearing about Jiko! I am VERY excited about it, as we will visit next month!
I really really hope your DH's dessert is still on the menu - right up my street.

As for AP - we liked our meal last year but were not so impressed that we will be returning this summer.
The salmon is devine - like you said, cooked to perfection. I had that same dish and loved it too!

I didn't know there is an EoS in London. Hm, that trip to London looks more interesting by the minute!

No fun seeing your review coming to an end! Hope you get to go back real soon!
Hi Karin
It can't be long until your next trip now?
We are heading back in October for F&W, we are both really excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
Love the caption on the Darth Vader cupcake!

That AP salmon looks great, I wish that's what I had ordered when I went.
The salmon was wonderful you will have to go again some time and order it
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #291
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great review of AP! We are also eating here on our last night and I am going to be ordering the Salmon and Cobbler so was glad to read good things about both dishes.

Am sad to read that this DR is coming to an end as have enjoyed it so much
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:29 AM   #292
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great review of AP! We are also eating here on our last night and I am going to be ordering the Salmon and Cobbler so was glad to read good things about both dishes.

Am sad to read that this DR is coming to an end as have enjoyed it so much
Can't wait to hear what you think of AP
Old 07-04-2011, 06:02 AM   #293
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Those cupcakes look like a lil piece of heaven

Artist point sounds great, the pictures were awesome, here I go again starting to second guess my ADR's. When we switched resorts I made a ADR for AP, was going to cancel our Le Cellier but ended up keeping Le Cellier. Oh what to do ?

I am another one who is sorry to see your reviews coming to an end, they have been some of the best I have read.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #294
Linda67

Yet More Waffles!

Saturday May 28th 2011

I must admit we didn’t have the usual spring in our step as we headed down to Roaring Fork this morning

Today we were flying home

So, better make this a great breakfast

There were two options on the Waffle menu in Roaring Fork that we were yet to try; one of them was the chocolate waffles which I just wasn’t feeling so we decided to split some of the delicious Wilderness Waffles between us

Wilderness Waffles

We also got an order of the other option we had yet to try

Bananas Foster Waffles

Oh my word, these were just sensational

We asked them to hold the bacon on both orders and we had extra whipped cream instead ............ yep the wise and healthy choice

We each ate half and then swopped plates, I started with the Bananas Foster Waffles and it was very, very hard to hand the plate over once I had worked my way through my half but I had to do it in the interest of marital harmony; a flight back to London would not be fun if DH was ignoring me

The banana fosters sauce was creamy, delicious and lick the plate good

The Wilderness Waffles were just as delicious as the ones we had eaten earlier in our trip so it wasn’t too much of a hardship to finish the rest of the plate

I was always really impressed with Roaring Fork, everything we ordered here was well prepared and very fresh plus the CMs were always friendly and helpful and if we encountered a long line we always found that popping back 10 minutes later would present a totally different picture

We filled out mugs for the last time and sat by the pool for a while before we had to face the inevitable ……… it was time to check out

Not to worry, there is still time for one more yummy meal before we were subjected to the in-flight delights of Virgin Atlantic

Next Up ……………… Wolfgang Puck Express
Old 07-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #295
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Those cupcakes look like a lil piece of heaven

Artist point sounds great, the pictures were awesome, here I go again starting to second guess my ADR's. When we switched resorts I made a ADR for AP, was going to cancel our Le Cellier but ended up keeping Le Cellier. Oh what to do ?

I am another one who is sorry to see your reviews coming to an end, they have been some of the best I have read.
Thanks for your lovely comments
You can easily drive yourself crazy by second guessing your ADRs all the time
I try to stick with my original plans as much as possible .......... there is ALWAYS the next trip
Old 07-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #296
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I surely could go for some of those waffles this am.

I am thinking perhaps we can go there on our last day too, not sure if we will have time since our flight is at 11:30 am so ME pickup should be around 8:30am

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #297
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Bananas Foster Waffles - yum, yum, yum

I am so getting these when we stay at VWL in October

Thanks for your incredible reviews Linda, I am so sad they are coming to an end
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #298
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Just what I needed - those waffles look gorgeous, thanks for posting
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #299
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Mmmmmmmmmm! Waffles!

So sad you are coming to the end of your wonderful report!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #300
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

So my hubby is sitting right here next to me as I pull up your dining review and he spies the waffles...then he tells me that we have to drive over to the WL in Oct and get them...every day

The banana fosters waffle looks amazing, hope they still have them in Oct!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: