Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
Toria
DIS Veteran

Checked in online, got a Mickey cookie jar from work!

Last thread I said that I was going to post our countdown calendar,well here it is

Nothing elaborate, but it gets the kids involved. Being that we are on summer break and I let them stay up late, they X out the next box at midnight every night. Last week while I was at work, one of co-workers walked through the door with this brand new Mickey Mouse cookie jar. It was instant excitement for me just seeing that jar ,. I asked him what was going on with the cookie jar. He said that his wife had some friends that went to Disney and brought the jar for them. However, his wife did not want it! Then he said the most wonderful words" Whoever wants it can have it"! I bout exploded on the spot, of course I gave no one else a chance to lay claim to it. It was mine, all mine. When I got it home the kids were equally excited. My son said that we should take it on the cruise and use it for decoration in the room(he is a silly lil fellow). Here is a picture of the cookie jar

Well at 1200 midnight on 2 July I was able to finally check in online. There wasn't much to it. I chose the 1100 arrival time, read the cruise contract(which pretty much relieves them of anything that goes wrong), entered emergency POC, and registered the kids for the clubs. There is also one form that you have to print and sign to bring with you. I did not book any extra activities, since this is our first cruise I don't want to be stuck to a specific schedule. Maybe next cruise we will try that. After checking in online I went ahead and made reservations at Shades of Green. Shades of Green is a resort within Disney property that is for military. You have to make reservations sometimes 6 months to a year ahead to get a room. It is a beautiful resort and the rooms are twice the size of the standard resort rooms. Then I made reservations for dinner at a place called Texes De Brazil in Orlando. This restaurant has over 30 meats to choose from. More on this and a break down of my plans to come in another post. Here are some pictures of the resort.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ch&um=1&itbs=1

Last edited by Toria; 07-17-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: