Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #16
Toria
DIS Veteran

Checked in online, got a Mickey cookie jar from work!

Last thread I said that I was going to post our countdown calendar,well here it is

Nothing elaborate, but it gets the kids involved. Being that we are on summer break and I let them stay up late, they X out the next box at midnight every night. Last week while I was at work, one of co-workers walked through the door with this brand new Mickey Mouse cookie jar. It was instant excitement for me just seeing that jar ,. I asked him what was going on with the cookie jar. He said that his wife had some friends that went to Disney and brought the jar for them. However, his wife did not want it! Then he said the most wonderful words" Whoever wants it can have it"! I bout exploded on the spot, of course I gave no one else a chance to lay claim to it. It was mine, all mine. When I got it home the kids were equally excited. My son said that we should take it on the cruise and use it for decoration in the room(he is a silly lil fellow). Here is a picture of the cookie jar

Well at 1200 midnight on 2 July I was able to finally check in online. There wasn't much to it. I chose the 1100 arrival time, read the cruise contract(which pretty much relieves them of anything that goes wrong), entered emergency POC, and registered the kids for the clubs. There is also one form that you have to print and sign to bring with you. I did not book any extra activities, since this is our first cruise I don't want to be stuck to a specific schedule. Maybe next cruise we will try that. After checking in online I went ahead and made reservations at Shades of Green. Shades of Green is a resort within Disney property that is for military. You have to make reservations sometimes 6 months to a year ahead to get a room. It is a beautiful resort and the rooms are twice the size of the standard resort rooms. Then I made reservations for dinner at a place called Texes De Brazil in Orlando. This restaurant has over 30 meats to choose from. More on this and a break down of my plans to come in another post. Here are some pictures of the resort.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ch&um=1&itbs=1

Last edited by Toria; 07-17-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
Toria
DIS Veteran

Pre Plans for trip:Subject to change to any moment

PLANS FOR OUR DISNEY TRIP

Day 1

1. Wake up at 0430,get dressed, then wake up kids and feed
them. Car packed the night before.

2. Put last minute items in car by 0500.

3. Leave home at 0530.

4. Stop in Tallahassee for gas,breakfast and restroom, hopefully by

5. Next stop will be in Gainsville, Fl for gas and restroom break
around 0930.

6. Arrive in Orlando between 1130 and 1200.

7. Head to Disney Quest around 1230 and have lunch there.

8. Stay at Disney Quest until 1500, leave there and head to
Shades of Green.

9. Check in, Take in suit cases for that night only, let Jerome take
a nap if he needs to. If so the kids and I will go back to
Downtown Disney.

10. Leave Downtown Disney by 1730, head back to hotel to get
dressed for dinner at Texas De Brazil.

11. Leave for Texas De Brazil by 1830. Enjoy dinner and head back
to hotel.

12. Take shower and have a good nights rest!

Last post I said that I would give some information about Texas De Brazil. We last ate at this restaurant in Virginia 2 years ago. The food there is wonderful, they prepare the meat over 20 different ways. They have beef, pork, chicken, lamb and brazilian sausage. I especially loved the bacon wrapped chicken, filet mignon, and parmesan chicken. To fully understand all that they serve, you should visit the website www.texasdebrazil.com
I surprised my Disney resistor hubby and told him that I made a reservation there(he was sooooo happy). I know how to break him down and make him look forward to this vacation.
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #18
Toria
DIS Veteran

Finally using the sewing machine!

I see that it has been about 10 days since my last post. Life gets busy sometimes. I have had surgery since my last post, thank GOD that everything has turned out good thus far. I finally blew some of the dust off of my sewing machine My DH went to the storage unit and got it so that I can start working on my FE(gotta have somewhere to put the goodies). I went by Joanns Fabrics and picked up some red and black fabric. The background is going to be red and the pockets are black. I will post pictures of the different stages of my FE. Right now it just looks a mess, the pockets are being held on by safety pins. I plan on going back to Joanns and getting these cute iron on letters. The boys will have red letters and the girls will have gold letters to spell out our names. Then I will have to figure what color trim to put around the edges. So many decisions and we have 55 days until we will be leaving. I haven't even brought the clothes that we all need yet either. I am slacking so bad on that part. No worries it will all come together right on time. My next post will be of my FE in the works(maybe someone will give me some tips).
Old 07-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #19
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Ok, the FE will surely make time fly by...I know it did for me! It was like, "Oh, I have all the time in the world to do this. What? We leave in a week? What happened to those 17 other weeks in between?" Seriously, looking forward to your FE...total fun that you are making your own...can't wait to see it.

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #20
Toria
DIS Veteran

FE work in progress

Ok, so here is a couple of pics of the progress of my FE! I still have alot to accomplish on it, but I think that is coming together nicely
Any and all suggestions or comments would be appreciated! Thanks!
Hopefully I will get it completed this weekend.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #21
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Toria, just found your PTR and LOVE your writing style. Can't wait to hear more. You did a wonderful job on your FE.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #22
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Toria, just found your PTR and LOVE your writing style. Can't wait to hear more. You did a wonderful job on your FE.
Thanks for joining in on my PTR, hopefully my TR will be even better! Thank you and I will try and post the final picture of my FE on Sunday.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #23
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

I love your FE! I am totally sewing-challenged! Ended up ordering our FE from Etsy, but would so have loved to have made it on my own. Your cruise is closing in!!!

Old 07-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #24
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
I love your FE! I am totally sewing-challenged! Ended up ordering our FE from Etsy, but would so have loved to have made it on my own. Your cruise is closing in!!!
Thanks so much! I can't wait until it is finished. I have trouble sometimes with seeing things finished, because I just want to keep adding things on. So we will see come Sunday. Thanks for checking in again!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #25
jenifred
Mouseketeer

LOVE your PTR!!!! You had me rolling on the floor with the "bomb over Bagdad" comment! Your FE is awesome; love the trim. Can't wait to read more.

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #26
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifred View Post
LOVE your PTR!!!! You had me rolling on the floor with the "bomb over Bagdad" comment! Your FE is awesome; love the trim. Can't wait to read more.
I am glad you joined in! I try to keep things funny, because a lil laughter is good for the soul .
Old 07-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #27
Toria
DIS Veteran

Further work on FE

I thought that I would be finished this weekend, but it doesn't look like it. I am not happy with the kids pockets. Here is the full length picture

Here is the pocket for DH and myself. I am happy with this one so I won't change anything about it.

Here is Jayden's pocket, I just need to add something else so it doesn't look so plain

Last but not least is Nakyla's pocket. I don't like this one at all, so I have to go back to the craft store to see what else I can find.

The letters that I brought are those iron letters. Well I ironed them onto the fabric and went back awhile later to pick up the FE. I clumsily dropped the FE on the floor and just about all of the letters fell off DH about died laughing at it. That would have really sucked if that happened on the ship. So I had to pull out the hot glue gun and I going to sew them in place as well. I tell just when I think that I am doing so great at my project the bottom falls out (literally)

I should have been here today, instead of sewing and using a hot gun

That is our beautiful beach in Destin,FL
Well once I finally finish I will post final picture. Have a great week!

Last edited by Toria; 07-30-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #28
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Oh, does that beach look heavenly! I have friends in Destin...she keeps telling me to come out and visit, but it seems everytime I get in the car for a weekend getaway, it heads towards Orlando.

Love the FE! I seriously would not be able to come up with ideas for the pockets on my own. Too funny about the letters...thankfully that happened at home. Now that I think about it, I made one for our Mom and Daughter trip in 2009 and had the same thing happen with the letters!

Old 07-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #29
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Oh, does that beach look heavenly! I have friends in Destin...she keeps telling me to come out and visit, but it seems everytime I get in the car for a weekend getaway, it heads towards Orlando.

Love the FE! I seriously would not be able to come up with ideas for the pockets on my own. Too funny about the letters...thankfully that happened at home. Now that I think about it, I made one for our Mom and Daughter trip in 2009 and had the same thing happen with the letters!
You should definitely come down, it is really nice here. I understand about Disney I would do the same.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:58 AM   #30
princesskayla
***This space reserved for a tag***

I love the FE! I am reading your pre-trip report, thinking of making on myself...
It won't be too long before your trip. Anyhoo,

First 1/2 Marathon-Disneyland-Sept 2013*Pixar 7 day cruise - Oct 2012*Dream Double Dip - May 2012*24 Hours,4 Parks - Leap Year 2012 -WDW*DL -HoJo: Dec 2011*First Disney Cruise and First Family trip to Disney Land: Nov 2011*Solo trip to DL: Oct 2011*Last trip before the Wild Fontier, Bonnet Creek: May 2011 * Bonnet Creek - Nov 2010 * AKL/WL CL - Sept 2010 * Christmas Present for the family at Bonnet Creek - Dec 14-18, 2009 * Last Minute trip to Bonnet Creek - May 2009 * Suprise trip for Mom's 50th B-Day - Oct 2008 KOTS * WL with Free Dining - Sept 2008 * AWHONN convention + DISNEYLAND - June 2008 * ASMo and WL with Free Dining - Sept 2007 - The beginning of the obsession
princesskayla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: