Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #76
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Day 2 (5/29) Magic Kingdom – Chef Mickey

Seating time: 11 AM

We arrived about 15 minutes early, and were told to get our photo taken, then to have a seat and wait for our buzzer to go off. As we sat we chatted with a super nice woman who was guiding her family through their first Disney vacation. She had to explain to her young daughter what a honeymoon was LOL.

We were called to our table, where we were told that we had plenty of time to get some breakfast before the characters made it to us, so off to the buffet we went! We were seated in a small room overlooking the Magic Kingdom. The room was very cute, but we were seated at a tiny two top in an archway between the two sections of the room. Stinky table!
I asked for OJ and Coffee, and Josh did the same!

I went straight to the breakfast pizza, one of my favorite Disney foods! I also decided that since this was vacation, I would have a brownie for breakfast!

Tatertots also made another appearance here, which is always a bonus for me! They were kinda cold though, so they were not as tasty as the ones that I had gotten earlier in the week. The bacon was also only meh.

The Mickey Waffles were really yummy, I love to smother them in butter. I have a funny habit of eating just the ears though… The hash browns that are under the pizza were not very good. I think I ate a bite or two, and left the rest.

I have no photo of Josh’s plate. If he made it to the table before me at a buffet, you guys are out of luck!

Josh’s take “I enjoyed it”

In this photo, you can see the issue of the little table. By the time we got our plates on there, two coffee mugs, a carafe, the basket that was there and OJ glasses there was no room for autograph books, camera etc. I wish that the table had had another 2-3 inches, and it wouldn’t have been a big deal! We ended up putting some stuff up on the ledge that I am leaning on in the photo.

Characters here included:

Pluto

Goofy

Minnie

Donald – who was very angry when I told him Josh had duck for dinner the night before…

And of course, Chef Mickey

The characters were sweet, but didn’t really seem like they wanted to be there. They also were left all on their own. There at one point was no staff (waitstaff or “handlers”) in the room with Donald at all. The very overzealous mom at the table behind us was pretty much chasing him around the room, because one of her kids had been getting a plate when he came around. They were also on a very very weird rotation. It took us forever to get to Mickey, and some of the other characters came through more than once, hitting some tables more than once, and skipping others?

Right before Mickey made it to our table our server wished us a happy honeymoon, and brought us a yummy cupcake!

Mickey was very sweet, and signed two postcards for us to send a few little ones who will be going to see him soon.

I asked before Mickey came around to make sure it was ok, Mickey gave us the thumbs up when he saw they were Mickey post cards!

And then we were on our way!

Cost : $57.98
Credits Used : 2

Worth the Credits?

Josh – “Now that I have been to some other breakfasts, it doesn’t meet up to the others. The food is decent, but compared to the others, not worth the credits” “I like that the characters dance around, and twirl the napkins though”
Beth – Meh, wasn’t nearly as good as the other character breakfasts. I think next trip we will take a break from Chef Mickey, and see if we miss it.
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #77
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

From your description, I think I would agree with your conclusion about Chef Mickey's. It looks like a fun experience every once in awhile but the food didn't look all that stellar. And that table looks so tiny! Too bad, especially for a buffet!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #78
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
From your description, I think I would agree with your conclusion about Chef Mickey's. It looks like a fun experience every once in awhile but the food didn't look all that stellar. And that table looks so tiny! Too bad, especially for a buffet!
I agree as well. I personally didnt like the breakfast food, quality was awful. But the characters were awesome. Esp donald duck!!!! TOO CUTE. I laughed so hard when i read that you told him Josh had duck for dinner the night before. bahahahahahahaha!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #79
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
When do you go

R&R leave is next month...were spending 1 of the 2 weeks in The World. I have ressies for CM's though and after reading your review, I'm not so sure it's worth going to. I might have to call my TA up and ask for something else.
Me 33 DH 37 DD 11 DD 8 DD 4
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
disneywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #80
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Sorry you didn't have the best Chef Mickey's experience. I agree that your table is TINY!

That is weird that the characters were out with no handlers and that it was all haphazard. When we went last April everything was very orderly. I didn't think the food was all that wonderful, but the character interaction was great. Sorry it wasn't the same for you!

That picture with you and Minnie is really cute! I love those ears!

Oh and I wholeheartedly support eating brownies for breakfast!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #81
kimgof
DIS Veteran

I just caught up with your reviews. Great job! I'm so glad that your DH is home safe and sound. I'd like to say a great big Thank You for his service! I can't wait to read more about your dining adventures!

Halloween'04 ASSports,Aug '06 POR, Sept '08 POR, Aug '09 Poly,Aug '11Poly&HRH,Aug '14 POP&HRH
DS(19) DS(13): DD(11) me & DH
kimgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #82
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Have not heard great things about CMs and agree in that your table looks tiny.

Am glad you got to meet all the characters
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #83
My sister's princess

First off, sorry for the long time no post! Josh and I had our vow renewal this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Such is life I guess! I figure we will take a break, and see if we miss it

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I agree as well. I personally didnt like the breakfast food, quality was awful. But the characters were awesome. Esp donald duck!!!! TOO CUTE. I laughed so hard when i read that you told him Josh had duck for dinner the night before. bahahahahahahaha!
We had such a good time, and the food was so good before. It was a little bit of a let down

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywatcher View Post
R&R leave is next month...were spending 1 of the 2 weeks in The World. I have ressies for CM's though and after reading your review, I'm not so sure it's worth going to. I might have to call my TA up and ask for something else.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Sorry you didn't have the best Chef Mickey's experience. I agree that your table is TINY!

That is weird that the characters were out with no handlers and that it was all haphazard. When we went last April everything was very orderly. I didn't think the food was all that wonderful, but the character interaction was great. Sorry it wasn't the same for you!

That picture with you and Minnie is really cute! I love those ears!

Oh and I wholeheartedly support eating brownies for breakfast!

We have alot in common I am finding Yea it was so odd, and I felt bad, because the mom was following him around and around

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgof View Post
I just caught up with your reviews. Great job! I'm so glad that your DH is home safe and sound. I'd like to say a great big Thank You for his service! I can't wait to read more about your dining adventures!
Thank you! Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Have not heard great things about CMs and agree in that your table looks tiny.

Am glad you got to meet all the characters
It was fun! just not the best character meal of the trip!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #84
My sister's princess

Day 2 (5/29) Magic Kingdom – Snack Time!!!!

By 1:45 I wanted a snack again! We stopped at the nut cart right next to Jungle Cruise! I chose a frozen Banana, always a wonderful cold treat, and Joshua chose an Itzakadoozie

Me : How was your itzakadoozie
Josh : “yea”
Me: No how was it
Josh: “it was a popsicle”

In all fairness, as I am asking him this he is doing homework

Cost : no idea, the recipts have 0000 sorry!
Worth the Snack Credit:
Josh – yea it’s just a snack, but it’s not something I go to Disney for
Beth- Yes! I love frozen banana!
Old 06-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #85
danalee
You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!

I 110% agree with Chef Mickeys!!!

We have been before and everyone enjoyed themselves but the last time was a nightmare...same as you characters were kinda strolling along bopping here and there, with it seemed no order and I thought it was very odd

we were skipped over and waiter was non-existent...not our best meal. On our last trip to WDW we just skipped Chef Mickeys and I didn't miss it, my son on the other hand wants to go back

I will have to keep an eye on the reviews
1998 Sept ~POFQ (honeymoon)
2005 Aug ~All Star Movie Son's first trip! B-day Surprise!
2006 Sept ~PoP w/ free dining (& 8th wedding anniversery)
2008 Aug ~All Star Sports Son's B-Day
2010 Sept ~POFQ Friends, Family & Anniversary Trip!
2012 Sept ~POFQ w/ BFF & Family~
danalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #86
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
I 110% agree with Chef Mickeys!!!

We have been before and everyone enjoyed themselves but the last time was a nightmare...same as you characters were kinda strolling along bopping here and there, with it seemed no order and I thought it was very odd

we were skipped over and waiter was non-existent...not our best meal. On our last trip to WDW we just skipped Chef Mickeys and I didn't miss it, my son on the other hand wants to go back

I will have to keep an eye on the reviews

Ugh, I hope that it is better for you!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #87
My sister's princess

Day 2 (5/29) Magic Kingdom – Pinocchio Village Haus
Seating time: Our ticket says 4:21

We needed to find lunch, as we had a late dinner reservation, but we hadn’t eaten in a while. I had said while planning that this lunch was Josh’s choice, whatever he felt like at the moment! We happened to be walking by here, so in we went.

We went in, and they only had ½ of the registers open, and it was very quiet. I approached the left side of a cashier, and she looked at me and snapped “I am going to help them, they were here before you” and helped the family that was behind the family she was finishing up helping. I understood they were in line, and it wasn’t a big deal to me, but she was very snappy about it. I am sure people get angry with the two sided line thing sometimes!

I decided to go with a Cheese Pizza and Salad, with Strawberry Cheesecake, and Lemonade. Josh went with the chicken nuggets, with fries, chocolate cake, and Coke.

We were able to find a nice seat in the room that looks over Small World! We were able to wave at some of the boats as they went.

Josh loved the Whale mural

My pizza was very yummy. I love the pizza at Disney. I know that not everyone appreciates it, but for me it is joy! I also loved Domino’s old recipe! Anyway I had my salad with ranch, and ate most of that, and all the pizza, except the crust. My cheese cake wasn’t as good as the chocolate cake. I wish I had gotten the chocolate cake. It wasn’t that the cheesecake was bad, it just didn’t hit the spot for me that day.

Josh on his nuggets “they do really good fast food. They were more like tenders than nuggets, so they were really good”

It was a good not too heavy meal, and we really enjoyed sitting in the AC watching the boats go by!

Cost – Again no idea LOL, and I am too lazy to look it up!
Credits Used: 2
Worth the credit:
Josh – yea its quick, easy, and a great little restaurant. It’s sometimes crowded, but I like it there
Beth – Yes! I loved looking at the boats, and the pizza was tasty!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #88
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

We enjoyed Pinochio's last year! The only downside for my DSis was they didn't serve burgers (she's been to DLR resort many times and that's what is on the menu at their Pinochio's). I agree fully that the pizza at Disney is very good, I love all the air bubbles in the crust.
Me 33 DH 37 DD 11 DD 8 DD 4
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
disneywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #89
Wall-E1
Dis DAD
Beware the mac & cheeseHas YAGEing down to a fine art

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Day 2 (5/29) Magic Kingdom – Pinocchio Village Haus
Seating time: Our ticket says 4:21
I am a bit concerned about the family in the background that has fallen unconscious. Was it the food, or the hypnotic melody of It's a Small World that reduced them to that state?
1979 Polynesian - 1984 Polynesian - 1998 Dixie Landings - Dec 2003 Coronado Springs - Apr 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge - June 2004 All Star Sports - Oct 2004 Carribean Beach - Dec 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter - Jan 2005 Wilderness Lodge - May 2005 Pop Century - Oct 2005 Pop Century - Dec 2005 Dolphin Resort - Jan 2006 Disneyland Resort California - August 2006 Yacht Club - Sep 2006 Coronado Springs - Dec 2006 Dolphin Resort - Sep 2007 All Star Movies - Nov 2007 ABD Costa Rica - Feb 2008 Pop Century - August 2008 All Star Music - Sep 2008 All Star Movies - Nov 2008 Pop Century - Dec 2008 Boardwalk Villas - May 2009 Beach Club Villas - September 2009 All Star Movies (my son's 20th trip to WDW!) - Nov 2009 All Star Movies - and for 2010!!! - Jan 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge - May 2010 Port Orleans Riverside - September 2010 Pop Century - December 2010 Contemporary - November 2011 Beach Club Villas - March 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge - October 2012 Contemporary

Wall-E1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #90
belleinpink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-E1 View Post
I am a bit concerned about the family in the background that has fallen unconscious. Was it the food, or the hypnotic melody of It's a Small World that reduced them to that state?
Bah hahahahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that!

Our Ever Changing Wishes PJ
belleinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: