Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #76
micmin54
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3

Loved the pictures from KevieKev05. What make and model of camera did you use?
We were on the Dream for the Inaugral cruise and loved every minute of it, the ship is fantastic!
micmin54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #77
micmin54
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3

I thought your pictures of the Dream were fantastic. Would you mind telling me the make and model of camera you use?
micmin54 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-03-2011, 12:52 AM   #78
Have a magical day!
Earning My Ears
 
Have a magical day!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 19

Dream 8602 just posted! LOVED that room!!... Missing that cruise... Ho hum, ho hum, it's back to work we go... :-)
__________________
DH, Me, DS17, DD15, DS6
Honeymoon trip 1993 The magical family trips begin... May 2004 offsite May 2005 Contemporary Tower May 2007 Loved that Contemporary Magic Kingdom View March 2008 Most perfect place on Earth = St. John! Magic 7 Day Eastern & Port Orleans May 2009 Sad to say it will be our only stay as we are not DVC... Polynesian Tahiti Sept 2010 Had to try the original at least once... Disneyland Grand Californian May 2011 Dream 4 night cruise December 2011 Our Poly Christmas party Fantasy Cruise - May 2012 Pre-trip Stay at Yacht Club LOVE that Christmas castle! Dec 2012 week at Port Orleans Riverside Princess room Jan 2014 Reimagineered Magic 4 night Bahamas cruise 2014 with pre-stay at Art of Animation Need to see Elsa light up the castle Christmas 2014 back in the princess room
Have a magical day! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #79
Stebu
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 32

Avoid 5024/5524 on Dream/Fantasy

I just came back from the first double-dip on the Dream, and I loved the cruise/hated my room. The problems with 5024 (and I am assuming 5524) are

1) The balcony is less than half the depth of the other Cat 5E staterooms.
2) Because of the short balcony, people in 5026/5526 can look right into your stateroom.
3) You are not at the edge of the ship, unlike all the other balconies.
4) The room is over the theater, and the bass really (really!) comes into the room. This was a big problem on the pirate night when they had a 11:15 PM -1:45 AM showing of On Stranger Tides.
Stebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #80
BelleProfHP
Mouseketeer
 
BelleProfHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NE Atlanta
Posts: 149

Dream 6690?

I feel certain that this has been requested already, but there is still only the one room report for stateroom 6690 on the Dream. I know that the balcony is wonderful (based on the report from the MV), but I would like to know more about the room itself...and maybe see pictures?

__________________
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. -- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Me DH DS

...
BelleProfHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #81
hopeful1
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 53

Dream 10656

LOVED the CRUISE I will post a report soon!

Room 10656 is the last Balcony stateroom (Aft I think) It is right below Cabanas...problem is that the ice maker is right on top of the room and it goes off all day and night...
hopeful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #82
homespun
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 144

Cabin 7582 on the Dream

Stayed in this cabin on the June 7 Double Dip. It's very convenient to the elevators and not much noise other than the normal kids running down the hall. The balcony cabin was great and has the plexiglass on the balcony between the white bars with a table and 2 chairs. You could hear the shuffle board games going on from below so if you are looking for a quieter experience on your balcony, you'll probably want to book another cabin. It didn't both us at all and we enjoyed playing shuffle board while onboard.

This cabin can adjoin with the on the right (when facing the door).

Loved the higher beds (for storing luggage) and the split bath seemed a bit larger than on the Wonder/Magic. The bowed shower curtain does give you more room in the shower too. I didn't see a pull down ceiling bed, but they could have changed the design from the previous ships so can't be 100% sure, but didn't see the normal ring on the ceiling for the pull down bed. The icebox works much better than the older ones and kept beverages nice and cold.

As far as noise in the room, we did notice a loud banging which seemed to come from under the cabin, but it may have been the ship maintenance crew moving something since the boats are the deck below and they did have a machine they used to move along the outside of the ship and I saw them securing it one time and it seems that could have been the noise when it hit the side of the ship. It only happened probably 3 times while we were in the room and always during the day and really wasn't a bother, but thought it was worth the mention. It definitely would not defer me from staying in this room again as it was a great location and everything was brand spankin' new. We didn't have a standing trunk but there are lots of drawers and shelves. We did have a trunk that is used as a coffee table that the lid comes off for storage but we didn't need to use it.


Hope this helps some of you traveling in this stateroom.
homespun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #83
skatingmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleProfHP View Post
I feel certain that this has been requested already, but there is still only the one room report for stateroom 6690 on the Dream. I know that the balcony is wonderful (based on the report from the MV), but I would like to know more about the room itself...and maybe see pictures?

Me too! I have that room for the June 24th sailing!
skatingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #84
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty
 
TyRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: IL - Way too far from the Castle!
Posts: 1,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by homespun View Post
Stayed in this cabin on the June 7 Double Dip. It's very convenient to the elevators and not much noise other than the normal kids running down the hall. The balcony cabin was great and has the plexiglass on the balcony between the white bars with a table and 2 chairs. You could hear the shuffle board games going on from below so if you are looking for a quieter experience on your balcony, you'll probably want to book another cabin. It didn't both us at all and we enjoyed playing shuffle board while onboard.

This cabin can adjoin with the on the right (when facing the door).

Loved the higher beds (for storing luggage) and the split bath seemed a bit larger than on the Wonder/Magic. The bowed shower curtain does give you more room in the shower too. I didn't see a pull down ceiling bed, but they could have changed the design from the previous ships so can't be 100% sure, but didn't see the normal ring on the ceiling for the pull down bed. The icebox works much better than the older ones and kept beverages nice and cold.

As far as noise in the room, we did notice a loud banging which seemed to come from under the cabin, but it may have been the ship maintenance crew moving something since the boats are the deck below and they did have a machine they used to move along the outside of the ship and I saw them securing it one time and it seems that could have been the noise when it hit the side of the ship. It only happened probably 3 times while we were in the room and always during the day and really wasn't a bother, but thought it was worth the mention. It definitely would not defer me from staying in this room again as it was a great location and everything was brand spankin' new. We didn't have a standing trunk but there are lots of drawers and shelves. We did have a trunk that is used as a coffee table that the lid comes off for storage but we didn't need to use it.


Hope this helps some of you traveling in this stateroom.
Thanks so much for following up and posting this homespun. It's the first review I've seen on this cabin and am glad we picked a good one for our first cruise. Glad you had good time.
__________________
Me DH Our angel pup
May 1995 - 1st Trip! Offsite --- May 2000 - Ramada Offsite & POFQ --- Oct/Nov 2004 - POFQ, 1st MNSSHP on HALLOWEEN!
06 Trip Report - Mickey's Hand is in My Pocket! Sept/Oct 06 11 days!!! WL, AKL, 2nd MNSSHP & Dining Extravaganza Reviews & Pics 9/23-10/3/06
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #85
homespun
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrea View Post
For Deck 5s Laundry room it is Aft in the hallway directly behind the elevators. From the Aft elevator lobby on Deck 5, turn to the port side at the staircase and then turn Aft in the port hallway. It is in the hallway at the end of the port hallway on the left.
That's very helpful. I was all over the ship looking for laundry rooms at the last minute because DS needed his shirt and pants ironed and there was a couple in using our deck's laundry room at 5 PM (right before 1st dinner) to iron 2 entire suitcases of clothes. Guess they didn't realize many people iron in the evening so the hunt was on to another deck and like you said they are scattered and harder to find on this ship which is a good thing if you are nearby them. They were quite a bit larger too and the ones we went to each had 2 irons and ironing boards
homespun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #86
homespun
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Thanks so much for following up and posting this homespun. It's the first review I've seen on this cabin and am glad we picked a good one for our first cruise. Glad you had good time.
You're welcome. It was a great location and I would definitely stay in it again. BTW staging for your drill is in one of the theaters and you no longer need to wear or even bring your life preserver... pretty neat deal.
homespun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #87
indimini
Mouseketeer
 
indimini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 219

Dream 5192

This is one of the aft balcony cabins on the Dream. It is literally mid-ship. The centerline of the ship goes right through the room as evidenced by the balcony railing (although the room is slightly more on the port side than starboard.)

Good things about this room -- it is in a very private location. You can only reach it from the port-side hallway and there are no staterooms beyond it. Across the hall is a laundry room which saw a fair amount of use but never caused us any issues with respect to noise, crowds, etc.

Speaking of noise -- the sound from Evolution is definitely noticeable. So much so, I wrote a letter to the hotel manager letting them know that it was a problem. (The music plays until 2:00 am, so if you are a light sleeper or find baselines pounding in your ear through the pillow to be unpleasant, you will want to rethink this as a room choice.) I have to say that the senior staff were very prompt in responding to my note -- and would have moved us if they had a comparable room available. We worked around the noise problem by staying out as late as possible.

The balcony is a very nice size -- I measured it to be roughly 8 feet deep at it's deepest. There was plenty of room to move the two deck chairs to either side and have room for stretching/yoga each morning.

The hallway on the port side goes all the way forward, so there is no issue getting to the kids clubs, movie theater, etc. from this location. Be advised that you do need to go to the mid-ship stairwell to go down to the Enchanted Garden restaurant on deck 2. You cannot get there from the aft stairwell.

Another plus (again if the sound from Evolution isn't a concern) is that the only other balcony you ever see is from 5190. To the starboard side, the space is only used by crew to raise/lower the flag as the ship pulls into or out of port. Beyond that space and to the port side of 5190 are much more substantial bulkheads so it is a very private space.

Overall, we found the stateroom to be very nice. If I had a choice, I would definitely choose the same location on the ship but up on deck 6 or 7.
__________________
indimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #88
312.Duck
pro-Duck
 
312.Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Berwyn, IL
Posts: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by homespun View Post
Stayed in this cabin on the June 7 Double Dip. It's very convenient to the elevators and not much noise other than the normal kids running down the hall. The balcony cabin was great and has the plexiglass on the balcony between the white bars with a table and 2 chairs. You could hear the shuffle board games going on from below so if you are looking for a quieter experience on your balcony, you'll probably want to book another cabin. It didn't both us at all and we enjoyed playing shuffle board while onboard.

This cabin can adjoin with the on the right (when facing the door).

Loved the higher beds (for storing luggage) and the split bath seemed a bit larger than on the Wonder/Magic. The bowed shower curtain does give you more room in the shower too. I didn't see a pull down ceiling bed, but they could have changed the design from the previous ships so can't be 100% sure, but didn't see the normal ring on the ceiling for the pull down bed. The icebox works much better than the older ones and kept beverages nice and cold.

As far as noise in the room, we did notice a loud banging which seemed to come from under the cabin, but it may have been the ship maintenance crew moving something since the boats are the deck below and they did have a machine they used to move along the outside of the ship and I saw them securing it one time and it seems that could have been the noise when it hit the side of the ship. It only happened probably 3 times while we were in the room and always during the day and really wasn't a bother, but thought it was worth the mention. It definitely would not defer me from staying in this room again as it was a great location and everything was brand spankin' new. We didn't have a standing trunk but there are lots of drawers and shelves. We did have a trunk that is used as a coffee table that the lid comes off for storage but we didn't need to use it.


Hope this helps some of you traveling in this stateroom.


Got any pics?
__________________
____________________________________
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."
312.Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #90
BelleProfHP
Mouseketeer
 
BelleProfHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NE Atlanta
Posts: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatingmom View Post
Me too! I have that room for the June 24th sailing!
Did you have fun? How was the room?
__________________
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. -- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Me DH DS

...
BelleProfHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: