Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #11
RainbowCloak
Disney Rocks!

I had a few weird experiences with other guests, but I would stress that these were YEARS ago... so I would hope that this is not the norm today.

During GayDays.. I was waiting to get popcorn at one of the stands near the castle in MK, and the woman in front of me in line was grilling the cast member mercilessly with questions like "WHY ARE THEY ALL HERE TODAY???" wow..

Leaving EPCOT in the parking lot, dark, after Illuminations, a car full of who knows what yelled "******S" and sped off.. very brave.

Those are the only two negative experiences I have had, and they both involved guests that were, shall we say, not evolved on their positions regarding LGBTers.

The cast members have been nothing, if not, gracious about it, and I mean that from every age, creed, nationality. They can think all they want, but when they are serving me, I want to be treated just like any other guest.

I'm bringing my mom down in December I hope, and I plan on wearing my rainbow Mickey proudly.
RainbowCloak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: