Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #616
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I googled it a bagillion times, did all the stuff I was supposed to like refresh safari , empty the cache , check Java for any new updates, zap the PRAM , shut down and boot up the computer too many times to count, AND I still can't fix it.
Sorry about your computer troubles MEK!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #617
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Appliances are not made to last very long anymore. I would buy a new dishwasher rather than fix it. They have a life span of about 7 years. Fridge is about 5 years.

I just about burned my kitchen down when fixing dinner this afternoon. I turned the wrong burner on & was waiting for the water to boil when I heard a whoosh. I turned around & a skillet of bacon fat was afire with a two foot high flame. I managed to get it outside where it burned a hole in the grass. Then I remember to use baking soda to put it out. The upstairs smoke alarm was going off & the house was full of smoke! I got it all aired out but it was a few tense moments I can tell you!

I need another vacation soon!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #618
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about all of your woes Mary Ellen That is super frustrating....I'm sorry I can't offer more help!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #619
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

a tale of two belles

While poor Mary Ellen is dealing with her puter and photo problems I'll get myself caught up to the rest of the girls (and we still need Melissa to update!)...apparently I felt the need to fill in for my ill feeling roomie and overcompensated with a LOT of pictures.

After a delicious, if a bit slow, lunch and filled to the brim with ice tea we all left the Plaza. Everyone had slightly different missions but a plan to meet back at the pool. I’d now been in the world for a good 30+ hours and still had yet to go on a ride. Decisions decisions! I’m so used to being overscheduled that when faced with free time like that it can be a little overwhelming and almost paralyzing. Which often means on a truly truly free day, I get absolutely nothing done! This was no exception, so I decided to stroll.

First, of course, I swung by Space Mountain for a Fast Pass.

Since I was in the area, I checked out some cars. I haven’t made it onto this ride since…I’m not sure when. Probably 2004. This trip would be no exception.

Just past the Indy cars was something far more interesting to me and it drew me in.

I love Dumbo, the E’s love Goofy, Jeff loves Pete, I can’t wait to see how this turns out. Heck, I just liked the signs

Moving on…more signs

Here is what I was REALLY excited to see and so much farther along than I could have imagined

This should be fun

I’d never seen this guy out before so took a picture just because

I kept walking, it was nice to stroll with no agenda but taking pictures of random things for no particular reason. Lines seemed long at places I wanted to go in FL (It’s a small world, Pooh, Snow White) so I just kept going, I didn’t have time for lines today.

That line looked way too long for me

This looked restful though (not that I needed the rest having done nothing all day other than eat)

I contemplated a visit but having just been to TSI in August, wasn’t all that interested, much as I love it.

I did keep thinking about this place

Continued in next post

Last edited by eandesmom; 06-24-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #620
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

But instead…for my first ride of the trip, decided to go here

Any ideas?

Oh wait, here are the other people with me!

Yes. My first ride of the trip was on the Liberty Belle! An odd choice I’m sure but she’d been closed on every single trip I’d been on that I could remember. In fact, I’m honestly not sure if I’d ever been on the WDW version or not before. As I walked by she was doing her final boarding and so I snuck right on. Hence the no pre-boarding boat pictures.
This had to be a separate update as…I got a little carried away taking pictures. Ride with me.

Continued in next post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #622
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Yeah…I know, I got carried away!

I headed straight over to Big Thunder Mountain for my first coaster of the day, if the wait was bearable. It was! Which was good. Taking a bazillion pictures of it from the Liberty Belle had made me REALLY want to go on it.

Exiting my ride I was greeted by this

Nothing like a good marching band to make me grin. Fortunately, it was just the band, not a parade and I didn't get stuck. It was now close to 3 and there was a pool calling my name so I needed to start making my way back. However, I couldn’t resist a little Jack, so I paid a visit and rode with a lovely lovely family, so much fun. While the Liberty Belle was a perfect start I’d probably still consider POTC my first “ride” of the trip. Exiting, I was pleased to see some more Jack!

I would have liked to have seen the whole thing, Jack seemed pretty darn good (and easy on the eyes) but the pool and something else, were singing to me. The day before, while walking around the world, a few people (Melissa and Christine I think) had commented on what some people were wearing. Apparently there were several girls/women going around in swimsuit tops. I’d missed it. Instead, today, I was treated to this “look”.

Not sure how well you can see it (and in the interest of remaining family friendly will NOT zoom in on the pictures) but we are talking super tight short shorts (like volleyball style) in either black pleather or silver metallic with their dance team t shirts rolled up as much as possible in every direction. I’d have a heart attack if Kendall was walking around a park dressed like that.

This is about what I thought of it

With that, the photo-taking came to an end. In short order I booked over to Space Mountain, checked in on FB so the girls would know where I was and hopped the monorail (which went slower than usual, our conductor telling us that they were trying to space things out and we had to wait until Tron passed us before we could pick up speed) and then a quick dash to…

The slushie stand! I had a fast pass for Soarin’ in my pocket but faced with a choice between lemony deliciousness or hangliding…lemony deliciousness won. I did have to finish it before I left the WS and ended up on the phone with someone at the IG (from home I think) so that delayed me slightly. Finishing it however was easy as frankly, I’d been shorted. Not to the brim and no swirl! That’s just WRONG.

I booked to the pool, grabbed my key for Mary Ellen, changed very very fast and hopped in the pool. And then was greeted with a lovely glass of wine from Christine and a goodie from Tracy! I don’t think everyone’s shared the Tracy treat yet so I will wait on that. Though I wasn’t in the pool long before we had to head up to get ready for dinner (and unpack in my case) it felt heavenly. My first time at the Villa pool and I really really love that little pool, my favorite “quiet” pool so far I think.

Last edited by eandesmom; 06-24-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #623
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Great Update! Love the pictures from the Liberty Belle. It is such a relaxing ride.

Ooooo, what great pictures of the Fantasyland expansion. I can't wait to see the Beast's castle. It looks so pretty. We leave tomorrow evening and I can hardly wait to get a peak.

If you don't mind my asking, where is the international gateway entrance from World Showcase? We will be in EPCOT one day and want to walk over to our dinner ressie at the Beach Club. We have never stayed at the EPCOT resorts so I am little confused on that one.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #624
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love the pics from the Liberty Belle and of the expansion! Can't wait to see the final results!

My fav have to be the ones of Jack - he sure does look pretty good!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #625
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I have never taken a ride on the Liberty Belle, had it on my list several times, but have never been able to fit it in. I love all the pictures you took!

Whenever we see girls dressed like the ones you saw my DH always wonders if their father saw them leave like that, then he thanks his lucky stars that he doesn't have a girl to worry about
Old 06-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #626
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Great Update! Love the pictures from the Liberty Belle. It is such a relaxing ride.

Ooooo, what great pictures of the Fantasyland expansion. I can't wait to see the Beast's castle. It looks so pretty. We leave tomorrow evening and I can hardly wait to get a peak.
I swear, just 3 days later there was more done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
If you don't mind my asking, where is the international gateway entrance from World Showcase? We will be in EPCOT one day and want to walk over to our dinner ressie at the Beach Club. We have never stayed at the EPCOT resorts so I am little confused on that one.
As you enter the WS, go to the right, towards Canada. Walk through Canada and the UK. There is a bridge. Instead of going over the bridge, into France like you normally would, turn right (you'll see signs that say epcot resorts I think) and that's the international gateway exit/entry!

Just keep going straight once you exit, BC is the first resort on the right. You'll pass the villas first and then the quiet pool and then you will see the main entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love the pics from the Liberty Belle and of the expansion! Can't wait to see the final results!

My fav have to be the ones of Jack - he sure does look pretty good!
He was a GREAT Jack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I have never taken a ride on the Liberty Belle, had it on my list several times, but have never been able to fit it in. I love all the pictures you took!

Whenever we see girls dressed like the ones you saw my DH always wonders if their father saw them leave like that, then he thanks his lucky stars that he doesn't have a girl to worry about
My guess is that no, they didn't. It's be worse if they did! I'm sure they were there with their dance team and were old enough to go to the park without their chaperones which may or may not have included anyones mom. The shorts might well be their dance shorts but I'm fairly positive the chaperones had no idea they were wearing them aroudn the park on a non competing day or time and rolling up their shirts like that. Sometimes Kendall, who does play volleyball, will have to go somewhere after or on the way and we hate it. Her too! She'd never be wearing her shirt rolled up to show her stomach though. Personally I fail to see how shorts like that help with volleyball at all, I recall longer ones being just fine back in HS when I played.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #627
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Liberty Belle is definitely an interesting choice. It's really not my kind of ride, but your pictures are nice.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 06-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #628
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry to hear about the dishwasher. Ours is 18 years old, but I never use it (that's what I have a huband for ). They are coming to check our air conditioner tomorrow and I am praying they can figure out why the circuit keeps tripping as I don't have $3000 for a new central air unit.

Hope you figure out your photo problem.
I think our first dishwasher was some cheapo builders grade model and this is a bosch. The first one last 15 years and this stupid one last five. so frustrating. Still haven't decided what we are going to do.

Total bummer about the AC. Now that sounds like an expensive fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Yes, you can reorder. I do it all the time, it drives me nuts otherwise!

Definitely try your internet browser settings, it's easy to check and couldn't hurt

Tools/Options/Security/Exceptions

Also I burned the CD's finally last night, now just need something to send them to everyone in!
O-Kay Do-Kay - I am going to try all these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
HEY!!! I resemble that remark!
LOL! Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Ughhh how frustrating with your photo problems!!! I hope photobucket believes you trust it soon!! Is there a different computer you can try using?

And the dishwasher on top of that! Sending lots of good (and patient!) vibes your way!
Thanks for the good vibes. I have another computer, but my photos are all edited on here and I really don't want to move them. I got some more ideas on how to fix it, so I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the hug!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm sorry you are having your problem, but I did learn something new from your questions. I didn't know you could organize the pictures by different ways. Nice to know in case mine ever does that. I hope some computer expert here on the boards can help you out.

There are some pretty savy computer people here on these darn DIS boards and I am NOT one of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I hope it's a quick fix. My central unit went out Christmas Eve morning, and it was cold! I didn't have $3000+ either, so I am making monthly payments. It's nice to have heat and air, but it is dipping into my Disney money, don't ya know?!?!?
Nothing worse than when an essential item dips into the Disney account. Just wrong on so many levels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Oh no on the photobucket and dishwasher situation! Hope you get things sorted

Thanks. I went out the "girls" last night and spent today out of town, so I will just have to deal with everything this weekend. At least I am over the trauma now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Dang, Mary Ellen!!!

Maybe this will help!
It sure can't hurt, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Sorry about the computer problems (Maryellen) and the doctors' visits (Cynthia). It has been a brutal week. Its our last week of school and the next forty-eight hours cannot pass quickly enough...so I'm right there with ya.

And what is it with electronics that just don't last anymore? So frustrating!
OH - I bet you can't wait to be done school.

I agree - everything we rely on is technology based and when it breaks its just so disruptive and frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sorry about your computer woes, ME! Wish I could help but I am useless on this stuff...

Thanks C. I am pretty useless myself. I mean, when it comes to computers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ugh, sorry about your computer! I'm useless with this kind of stuff, wish I could help! And I'm sorry your dishwasher broke! Ours broke a while ago, and we never got it fixed our bought a new one, so now I'm used to not having one!
That's actually pretty cool that you boycotted replacing your dishwasher. I really don't mind hand washing. It's not terrible. What I did hate was taking the half washed dishes out of the dishwasher AND washing them. ughhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Sorry about your computer troubles MEK!
Awesome Glen Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Appliances are not made to last very long anymore. I would buy a new dishwasher rather than fix it. They have a life span of about 7 years. Fridge is about 5 years.

I just about burned my kitchen down when fixing dinner this afternoon. I turned the wrong burner on & was waiting for the water to boil when I heard a whoosh. I turned around & a skillet of bacon fat was afire with a two foot high flame. I managed to get it outside where it burned a hole in the grass. Then I remember to use baking soda to put it out. The upstairs smoke alarm was going off & the house was full of smoke! I got it all aired out but it was a few tense moments I can tell you!

I need another vacation soon!
OMG - I am SO glad you didn't burn the kitchen down or get hurt. Yikes. That's super scary stuff. I would have been freaking out. So glad everything turned out oK.

The life span of a dishwasher is 7 years - crap! I mean crapolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Sorry to hear about all of your woes Mary Ellen That is super frustrating....I'm sorry I can't offer more help!
Thanks Stace. A little can definitely go a long way!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #629
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Here is what I was REALLY excited to see and so much farther along than I could have imagined

Great update Cynthia. Wonderful pictures! I totally missed this as I never did go to this "side" of the MK. I meant to go back over there, but I started getting worried that I was going to be late for lunch, so I left. VERY cool. I did not know they were this far.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #630
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Liberty Belle is definitely an interesting choice. It's really not my kind of ride, but your pictures are nice.
It's a fabulous place to take pictures. I've only ever been on it twice, I think. The last time I got some fab pictures. I agree - Cynthias pictures are wonderful. Great perspective.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: