Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #31
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Well we are back from our trip and had a GREAT time!!

Some of the highlights were I did an in-room celebration for the kids and that was a BIG hit. Pretty spendy but it was SO worth it! Don't know that I would ever do it again but might do some baskets in the future because it was SO fun to have a surprise waiting!

It was also Shane and I's birthdays the week before so PP went all out giving us buttons, balloons and the rice krispy treats and we got chocolates every night of our stay which we never got at GC when we stayed last year or at DLH either.

We got to see WOC again and were right up front this time! Got to ride the new star tours but we all felt a bit motion sick so only did it once. Staying on property was a REAL bonus because we were able to do the hotel guest only previews of Little Mermaid two different days and LOVE this ride! Very cute! Would NOT have wanted to wait in the regular line. Also got the special fast passes and didn't even need to use them for the new rides but was happy to have them on our last day to do some last rides!

Got to see the fireworks and the memories show both of which were great!

Had some great meals and also spent a day at the beach visiting with friends.

Not sure if I will have time or can even remember what all we did to do a full trip report as I have to go back to work today and have a lot going on but we had a GREAT trip! We probably won't make it in Oct but are thinking about going with some friends over veteran's day as the girls have a 4 day weekend.

I will try to get back on in the next week or so and add more and some pics!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #32
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

It was fun to follow along on FB.......I'm looking forward to seeing more pics!!! I'm so glad this trip was SO MUCH BETTER than your Christmas trip!!!

I was tempted to do the in room celebration but they aren't able to make any changes to what's offered & some of the items I didn't really want...but hope you took lots of pics of this!!

The baskets are a real nice surprise to get....just wish they weren't so darned expensive!!

I'm glad you also got a good view for the WoC show.....it's just amazing!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMM..........Disney Resort chocolates...... We had them on our beds everyday too.....we also got a pair of rubber duckies on our first night!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #33
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Hi Laurie!

I have ALWAYS heard about the baskets/celebrations and had wanted to try it but when I called vacation planning was pretty dissapointed with the selections. I have read on the Dis and seen some pictures of baskets and what I REALLY wanted was to kind of have a basket made to order. I have read on here that you can do that but at least the person I talked to at VP didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Most of the baskets for kids seemed for "little" kids. I wanted a "graduation" basket for Katy with the graduations ears maybe a Tshirt, some candy, some jewelry like a necklace and earrings and maybe a fun water bottle or fan etc. But they didn't even HAVE a grad basket.

Then I was going to just do a fun basket for Shelby with a Tink theme and have them put in a bunch of tink themed items like a shirt, jewelry, coloring book etc. But again nothing! So since they said they couldn't do it I did the clebration.

It was WAY better than it sounded on the phone. We got an album, a frame, an autgraph book and pen that mickey signed for the girls. I FINALLY have a vinylmation We got a really cool banner that was over our door. A bunch of balloons. The girls got 5 stuffed animals to share. A bunch of candy, some popcorn, some playing cards. Gosh I am probably forgetting something but it was WELL worth it and SO fun! It was pretty spendy like I said and doubt I would ever do it again but it was really fun to do once. But I wish they could do personalized baskets becuase I WOULD do that again if I could get that.

And yes WOC was SO much better since we could actually SEE it this time!! And we had good seats for the fireworks and enjoyed the memories show. And really loved everything that PP did for us for our birthdays.

All in all it was really great. If I ever get caught up and am not so dang tired I will try and post more pics.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: