Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #16
PoohNFriends
Yes, I'm one of those crazy animal people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWaitToGo2007 View Post
Hello! I'm here and reading I am so jealous that you were able to stay on property. The hotel is so beautiful! I still have 392 days until we get to go (not that I'm counting or anything ). Can't wait to see which ride you went on first!
Ooh 392, well now you should be in the 380's or so. It sounds like a long time from now, but will definitely be worth the wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKShields View Post
I'm reading too! The grand californian looks beautiful - i wish i could take my mom there on our trip in november, someday though
You could always stop by for a visit to see the details in the lobby, that's what's so nice about everything being close together in DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbheartdisney View Post
I'm following your TR as well! Your pictures are getting me that much more excited to stay at the Grand (for the first time)!!!
Great! You won't be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat4DIS View Post
I am reading too!

As a fellow, "Happily Unmarried", I look forward to reading about your guys' trip! Disney as an adult is the BEST! DBF and I are taking our first WDW trip in January and I cannot wait!

Anxiously waiting for more!
Yeah, a fellow "happily unmarried"! Wish it wasn't so many syllables, makes it that much harder to get it to be a more common term!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
signing on....
Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylovers2000 View Post
Yup, me too, would love to know what you rode 1st!!!!
Coming soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Alli View Post
I'm following along as well. I'll be arriving in 9 days for solo trip for my 26th birthday and am staying on property for my last night (Just PP couldn't afford GC) so I'm really enjoying your pictures.
Nice! Happy-early-birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahDISer View Post
The GCH looks so lovely

It definitely was!

everybody!!

Since you were all so gracious enough to join me I should probably keep you entertained with more. I'm a bit tired after a weekend of work, but I think I got enough in me for a little bit.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #17
PoohNFriends

Day 2: Monday, May 2 cont.

Drum roll please ....

The 1st ride we ever rode at DL was with this little guy

We literally walked right on, well except for that pesky little turnstyle that's always in the way ! I think this is the ride DBF stopped at it because he thought it was a gate the operator opened to get on the ride and then he got all caught up in it trying to walk thru it, an I'm supposed to be the clumsy one!
Anyways so we're on this classic ride and both realize neither of us have seen Mr. Toad (Wind in the Willows) for years and don't really remember the story line. Will have to remember to do that before coming back to DL, ya know since he croaked at WDW ! (I went on a really short trip to WDW in '95 and don't remember if I rode the famous Mr. Toad then so this may have been the very 1st time I rode the Wild Ride).

2nd ride at DL, but riding it for the very 1st time! I didn't think I would get to ride it (at DL or WDW) without catching RD and running to it 1st; MM's and low crowds = a sweet 10 minutes!

Our little guy waiting for us!

Next we experience Pinocchio 2-ways...

...well, sort-of.

Love all the minaturization on Storybook Canal, the "jokes" not as funny as Jungle Cruise, but cute ride nonetheless. Although, didn't quite catch why Disney didn't have the magic to get these guys to stay minaturized:
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2011, 03:51 AM   #18
carnival kid
Mouseketeer

Great pics!!!!
carnival kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #19
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm in! I love TRs from first time Disneylanders!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #20
PoohNFriends

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival kid View Post
Great pics!!!!
Thanks!! I love TR's with lots of pics so hope to add a bunch more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm in! I love TRs from first time Disneylanders!
Thanks for joining Allison! I've enjoyed reading a bunch of your TR's and posts so glad you can join me here!
Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #21
PoohNFriends

Day 2: Monday, May 2 cont.

Next up we went to a party with a very tasty assortment of teas and biscuits, with was MAD!

I also had never been on the tea cups at WDW so this was also a 1st. I don't mind spinny rides, I just think we tend to skip over the stop and load type of rides more often. After DBF took us for a spin we went next door and let the caterpiller do all the work.

We found these ladies to be a bit creepy, because in person their faces look like a human face in make-up, Dinsey leaves nothing behind in details.

And before I forget:

Love Alice in Wonderland - one of my favorite Disney movies.

He headed over to It's a Small World; love the building here so much more than the one at WDW.

DBF pointed out how he had to beat the clock in the Epic Mickey video game.
We skipped the princess area because I'm not the girly girl princess type and neither is DBF ! So instead we headed to Toon Town. Toon Town was open, but Roger Rabit wasn't going to be for another 20 min so we wandered the Town. Most of the characters were at their houses, but for some reason we weren't interested in character pics the whole trip, even with low lines . Again, Disney has done a great job with the playful detail here.

He headed back to Fantasyland and decided the Matterhorn line was short enough to join. First time on this ride was not the most enjoyable - DBF and I are in one sled together. Obviously, I didn't know this would be a problem until we start going and I couldn't figure out a way to sit without my knees being all knocked around. And don't be fooled by the blue vinyl stuff, the padding underneath was very thin. My advice for 1st time sledders is to stick with 1 adult + child or 2 teens or two very small/short adults, but you might feel squished with anything more than that. However, I know it will be going thru a refurb and I have read this is of the sleds themselves - anyone know exactly what they will be doing?

By now, I was getting hot and hungry and my sunglasses had broke so we decided it was a good time to get some food. We stopped at La Brea because we wanted to get some bread to snack on during the week, but 1st we decided to sit down at the full service section to get some lunch. DBF got 3 smoked ham & gruyere sliders with a side salad and I got the classic grilled cheese panini with side salad. The side salad of mixed greens is very lightly dressed with some oil & vinegar (I think) and a little sprinkle of salt gave the dressing a simple pop of flavor. Both sandwiches were great - nice thick bread, buttery taste, and meltly cheese, the ham on DBF's had nice texture and not too salty. Definitely a good place for a lighter lunch and I would go back again. (It took me several meals before I finally remembered I wanted to take pics of our food so none to share from here).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: