Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #691
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNDecember View Post
First cruise set for the Disney Dream on 06/24/2012 & I have learned MORE from your site/trip reports/photos/videos than anywhere !!!! This is truly awesome !! Disney should hire you !!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
I agree!
Sounds good to me

Oh Disney.......
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #692
Coffeygirl
Earning My Ears
 
Coffeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 49

These are awesome pictures! I have a quick question- what type/category room has the enclosed verandah?
Coffeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #693
Pooh's Pal
Soon to be dancing with My Pal Pooh
Always searching for a better Disney deal!
 
Pooh's Pal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: On the sandy shores of Cape Cod,Massachusetts!
Posts: 3,104

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Sounds good to me

Oh Disney.......

You're NOT going anywhere!! You're doing fine right where you are!!!
You already work for Disney..in a round about way! Right?
__________________
I've been biten by the Sunshine bug!! šOš $$$ #493 & MWT!
Pooh's Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #694
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeygirl View Post
These are awesome pictures! I have a quick question- what type/category room has the enclosed verandah?
The two somewhat-enclosed verandahs were both concierge rooms, category V & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
You're NOT going anywhere!! You're doing fine right where you are!!!
You already work for Disney..in a round about way! Right?
I can just work from home
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #695
lucas
°o°
 
lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 21,559

Hi Timon, question for you.....

We were just assigned Cat 9A corner room 6006. In looking at the deck plans it appears that there is deck space or some area outside of the corner/forward deck 6 cabins. Any idea what that space is for? (Decks 7 and 8 don't have that space indicated outside of the windows.)

Hoping you would know. Thanks!

ETA: I was just looking thru your pics of 9A corner room 6504. And, our 6006 is also a handicapped room. It look like there will be no tub, is that correct?
__________________

Last edited by lucas; 03-25-2011 at 11:33 PM.
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #696
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Hi Timon, question for you.....

We were just assigned Cat 9A corner room 6006. In looking at the deck plans it appears that there is deck space or some area outside of the corner/forward deck 6 cabins. Any idea what that space is for? (Decks 7 and 8 don't have that space indicated outside of the windows.)

Hoping you would know. Thanks!

ETA: I was just looking thru your pics of 9A corner room 6504. And, our 6006 is also a handicapped room. It look like there will be no tub, is that correct?
I looked closely at the outside forward pics and didn't see anything special so really, I have no idea what it is? However, the deck plans aren't exactly perfect...on deck 5 aft, it looks as if there is no access from the rooms to the hallways near the kids clubs but there is (port side only)

I believe you are correct, HA rooms don't have a bath tub. It is the only reason I wouldn't like to be in those rooms as my kid needs a bath every night
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #697
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes
 
disneyholic family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: in my heart i'm always in WDW
Posts: 16,244

the most amazing trip report EVER!!!!
__________________
Beth
disneyholic family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:07 AM   #698
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes
 
disneyholic family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: in my heart i'm always in WDW
Posts: 16,244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Outlook

There is a very hidden space on deck 14 called Outlook...I heard it is where they will be holding weddings so I took some photos for you all It is a very beautiful space and very secluded!

The coolest thing was the view! You have great views of the the QC area...you can see in the pics the entrance to the forward elevator area (concierge access on deck 12) as well as the great smoking area on deck 13












Outlook looks pretty worn out for a brand new ship...
and what's up with the window shades/blinds? it looks like you took pictures of some old abandoned place...
__________________
Beth
disneyholic family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #699
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
Outlook looks pretty worn out for a brand new ship...
and what's up with the window shades/blinds? it looks like you took pictures of some old abandoned place...
Yeah, the blinds don't look all that great but it really was quite beautiful up there! I guess the photos just don't do it justice
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #700
SoCaOC-Mom
DIS Veteran
 
SoCaOC-Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Clemente
Posts: 1,416

I LOVE this trip report. I am going to send the link to a friend who (and her family) will be traveling with us on our Jan 29th cruise. I think it shows off all the 'minor details' that you don't get on the DLC site but when you put them all together it gives off a big WOW factor.
__________________



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
SoCaOC-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #701
hbg4
Ask me where I'm going on my next vacation ? Disney World of course
 
hbg4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 737

Thank you I really love this thread
__________________
DVC member BCV, BWV, SSR, AKV
59 visits to Walt Disney World and still counting
3 visits to Disney Land
7 cruises on Disney Magic
9 cruises on Disney Dream
2 cruises on Disney Wonder
1 cruise on the Disney Fantasy
hbg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #702
MNCruzn
An island of testosterone in a sea of estrogen...
 
MNCruzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 23

Excellent thread...thanks!
__________________
Although Man may be King of His Castle, the Queen has all the Power (so saith the Wife)



WDW Port Orleans - Oct '94 (Honeymoon) -- 7-Day Land/Sea (Caribbean Beach & Wonder) - Oct 2000 -- WDW All-Star-Oct '04 -- DCL Magic Double Dip - Oct '06 -- WDW All-Star Music-Aug '07 --
DCL Magic Eastern - Aug '09
-- WDW Caribbean Beach - Aug '10 -- WDW Caribbean Beach - Aug '12



MNCruzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #703
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaOC-Mom View Post
I LOVE this trip report. I am going to send the link to a friend who (and her family) will be traveling with us on our Jan 29th cruise. I think it shows off all the 'minor details' that you don't get on the DLC site but when you put them all together it gives off a big WOW factor.
Yes, the Dream deserves a a huge WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbg4 View Post
Thank you I really love this thread
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCruzn View Post
Excellent thread...thanks!
Thanks! Glad someone is still reading it
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #704
nemmie
DIS Veteran
 
nemmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: england
Posts: 914

I just wanted to say this is the best and most detailed trip report I have ever read. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to not only gather all this info and the pics whilst you were onboard but to then post everything. You have me wanting to book a Dream cruise so much I cannot even tell you.
nemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #705
Pooh's Pal
Soon to be dancing with My Pal Pooh
Always searching for a better Disney deal!
 
Pooh's Pal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: On the sandy shores of Cape Cod,Massachusetts!
Posts: 3,104

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemmie View Post
I just wanted to say this is the best and most detailed trip report I have ever read. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to not only gather all this info and the pics whilst you were onboard but to then post everything. You have me wanting to book a Dream cruise so much I cannot even tell you.
Yes she is one of the best Travel agents around!! (And me!..lol)
Here's to u Timon...great job!!
__________________
I've been biten by the Sunshine bug!! šOš $$$ #493 & MWT!
Pooh's Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: