Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Disney Vacation Calculator - updated!

Some of you may be aware of my Disney Vacation Calculator - a free utility that allows you to quickly compare pricing options for your Disney vacation. Select your dates, enter the number of adults and children, pick your ticket options, your resort and room type, dining plan (if desired), and any discount you may have. Click calculate, and you're done.

All of your calculations are saved to a "my searches" tab, so you can quickly compare various options (how much more would it be if we upgraded to club level? Would it be worthwhile to go a month earlier? What if we added no expiration? And so forth...).

Anyway, I have updated the calculator to reflect the new ticket prices. As always, please feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions, issues, or questions. Also, please feel free to send copies to friends and family - but don't post the calculator itself on your own website or blog for download... instead, please post a link to the download page. That way, we can be sure that the latest and greatest (and most bug free) version is the one that people are getting.

Remember that you must have Microsoft Excel in order to use the calculator, and you must enable macros.

Thanks, and enjoy.

EDIT: if you have technical issues, please email me directly - olansuddeth@gmail.com. I'd hate to miss your post here for a day or so!

Last edited by t_catt11; 06-15-2011 at 03:20 PM.
t_catt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Heh... a decent number of downloads today, but no comments to the thread! Ah, well...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
ajworthy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing this tool! I will definitely use it to look at trips in the future.
September 2012 - PoFQ
September 2013 - POR
September 2014 - CBR
ajworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
angierae
DIS Veteran

I downloaded it but it keeps trying to put 4 people in two rooms at POFQ and giving me numbers wildly high.

10-2013 - Pop Century / 4-2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 5-2010 - Pop Century
angierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierae View Post
I downloaded it but it keeps trying to put 4 people in two rooms at POFQ and giving me numbers wildly high.
Interesting... this is the first real bug report that I've gotten since the second day of existence. I'll test with POFQ and see if I can replecate your issue.

What dates are you using? If you could provide the full set of data (# adults, # children, dates, ticket type, dining, discount, etc), it will help me pinpoint the problem quicker.

Edit - note that king bed rooms have a listed occupancy of only two per room (all other POFQ room types allow up to four per room). If you are choosing king rooms in POFQ, this could be the issue.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
angierae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_catt11 View Post
Interesting... this is the first real bug report that I've gotten since the second day of existence. I'll test with POFQ and see if I can replecate your issue.

What dates are you using? If you could provide the full set of data (# adults, # children, dates, ticket type, dining, discount, etc), it will help me pinpoint the problem quicker.

Edit - note that king bed rooms have a listed occupancy of only two per room (all other POFQ room types allow up to four per room). If you are choosing king rooms in POFQ, this could be the issue.
Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I missed the giant CALCULATE button. This is what I get for fussing with things while I'm at work.

10-2013 - Pop Century / 4-2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 5-2010 - Pop Century
angierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierae View Post
Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I missed the giant CALCULATE button. This is what I get for fussing with things while I'm at work.
No worries! We've all been there.

I originally had the sheet calculate whenever any value was changed, but (a) that threw a lot of nonsensical numbers early in the process (which I was afraid would throw people off), and (b) made the "my saved searches" sheet pretty much useless. The calculate button was the way to go.

Glad to know that it's not an actual bug, though... I was having a really tough time replicating the issue.

Last edited by t_catt11; 06-15-2011 at 03:20 PM.
t_catt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

t_catt, thanks for posting this ! am I doing something wrong ? I'm putting in the dates 06/09/12 arrival and 06/16/12 for departure. the park tix and dining plan show up but the room price is zero. Can I not put in 2012 dates yet ?

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #9
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
t_catt, thanks for posting this ! am I doing something wrong ? I'm putting in the dates 06/09/12 arrival and 06/16/12 for departure. the park tix and dining plan show up but the room price is zero. Can I not put in 2012 dates yet ?
Disney has yet to release the 2012 room rates, which is the issue with your calculations. If I were you, I'd use the same dates in 2011 and add in 3%-5% for the room portion as a pretty close estimate.

As soon as the rates are released, I'll update the calculator to reflect them.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_catt11 View Post
Disney has yet to release the 2012 room rates, which is the issue with your calculations. If I were you, I'd use the same dates in 2011 and add in 3%-5% for the room portion as a pretty close estimate.

As soon as the rates are released, I'll update the calculator to reflect them.
Okay, I'll do that.... thank you !! It's a really great tool !!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #11
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Okay, I'll do that.... thank you !! It's a really great tool !!
Thanks, I'm glad that you enjoy it.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to let you know that Disney has released the 2012 room rates and dining plan costs. If you go to their site, you can price out packages!

I loved your calculator. We used it when planning for our trip we took this May.

Terri

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #13
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
Just wanted to let you know that Disney has released the 2012 room rates and dining plan costs. If you go to their site, you can price out packages!

I loved your calculator. We used it when planning for our trip we took this May.

Terri
Thanks for the update. I have yet to see the room rates in a usable format (it's not really feasible for me to click every single possible room type on Disney's site one at a time), but I expect them to be available soon.

The increases were published a good bit earlier this year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: