Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #16
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

The poly is one of a few resorts we are considering for next time. I love the theme!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
mirage0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #17
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
That smell is mold and mildew. Blech.
I think you're out numbered Chris M!!
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP,
2014-POP,

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!
PHLtoMCO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #18
soarinup
I really am as mean as I look!

AAaaaaaaah! The POLY

Its a soothing thought, that's what it is to daydream about the POLY. I used to watch the old Don Ho shows when I was a little girl, just so I could see a glimpse of Hawaii. I didn't care what he had to say, I just watched for the peeks of the big island. And when I go to the POLY in Sept. for my first ever stay, I will have arrived. All my thoughts every single day are about getting to the POLY. I had a near mishap at work last week, almost cost me my job, and all I could think of was "OH no, I won't be able to go to the POLY"! LOL
Old 06-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
ChrisM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoMCO View Post
I think you're out numbered Chris M!!
Oh, I know I'm outnumbered. But the nose doesn't lie!

I can still remember the first time I went to the Poly - after all of the lavish praise I was expecting to be blown away. And boy, was I. As soon as we caught a whiff inside the GCH, my wife and I looked at each other and both said, "You have to be kidding me.". We couldn't take more than 10 minutes inside before being forced to retreat outside for some fresh air.

Having visited the resort a few more times, I can understand the appeal of the resort to some people, I simply don't share it; if I did share it, however, that funk would be a deal breaker.

Of the things I do like about the resort, it is uniquely situated across the lake from the MK and adjacent to the TTC. And the grounds and beach are lovely, particularly at night. But the interior and rooms come across as dark and dingy to me, the restaurants as sub-par when compared to those at the other monorail resorts, and the theme as the ultimate in kitsch - like a giant recreation of the Brady Bunch trip to Hawaii. There was a 70's era obsession with the south Pacific that this resort still seems to be attached to.

To each their own, Poly smell lovers!
ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #20
EeyoreFanInTX
Earning My Ears

I'll be there in a couple weeks.. first time at the Poly. first time to Disney for my 5 yr old daughter. can't wait. we didn't do the character meal at the Poly but only becuz my dd doesn't really know Lilo & Stitch. We're doing 5 other character meals though.

EeyoreFanInTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activities, disney, poly, polynesian, resorts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: