Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #16
qoodoo
Earning My Ears

Yes along main street near greenfield and higley lots of motor home parks...if you go west from there though the area is rundown.

The areas near superstition mall is affordable and safe. I also believe lots of retire folks live nearby. I am not 100% sure though cause I only ever drive by to get to the lakes or las sendas.

Gilbert is very nice...however their are a few apartment complexes that are located in "Gilbert" yet are rather suspicious.

Other areas of interest can be avondale, surprise, sun city.
qoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #17
ahutton
WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996

The Phoenix suburban areas are not much of a walk to town area, unless you are in some very specific areas, such as Old Town Scottsdale.

Almost all cities have areas you would rather not be in, they are older and tend to be more run down. One idea is to spend time on Google Maps. Find the area, then look at the shopping centers around it. The retail and businesses in the area will indicate how well cared for the area is.

I really recommend looking into retirement neighborhoods, there are a lot of very good deals on both rentals and purchases right now, and it is much harder to sell in the retirement sections so the prices are even better.

Proud Second Generation SwanDolphin Cheerleader
ahutton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #18
verlee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahutton View Post
The Phoenix suburban areas are not much of a walk to town area, unless you are in some very specific areas, such as Old Town Scottsdale.

Almost all cities have areas you would rather not be in, they are older and tend to be more run down. One idea is to spend time on Google Maps. Find the area, then look at the shopping centers around it. The retail and businesses in the area will indicate how well cared for the area is.

I really recommend looking into retirement neighborhoods, there are a lot of very good deals on both rentals and purchases right now, and it is much harder to sell in the retirement sections so the prices are even better.
Thanks for the advice. We have been on google earth checking things out. The area they are interested in looks pretty urban but not run down. There is so much info. to sort through and they are limited by how much they are willing to spend. (They are renting out their place in Florida this year as they were not able to sell it.) Thanks for the help!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: