Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Commando v. Casual - The Innate Planner Battles the Inner Pirate - 2-8 P22

And so it begins.

For previous musings about this trip, go here.

Last edited by TarzansKat; 02-08-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
TarzansKat

Chapter Links

My Family

A Room With A View

The Magic Kingdom - In Which I Acquiesce To MJS’ Request

They're Called Smores, Buzz

"Ladies And Gentlemen, Boys And Girls..."

For Those of You Who Are Curious...

Hooray for Hollywood!

My Baby is One!

The Hollywood Brown Derby

You Know, I Wonder...

What Dairy Allergy, I Want Caramel!

The Magic Kingdom - Where Dreams Come True

TSM Or Bust!!!

Alright, Where Was I?

Last edited by TarzansKat; 02-08-2012 at 01:44 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
TarzansKat

My Family AKA The Crazies Who Come On These Trips

Or, as some would like to call it, the introduction.

There’s not much like getting ready to leave on your Walt Disney World vacation. You’ve done the planning…or lack thereof. You’ve done the packing. You’ve made your lists and checked them two, three times.

Especially when you’re traveling with a baby.

Hi, I’m TarzansKat. For those of you who don’t know me yet, some call me TK or just Kat. I love my family, I love Disney, and I love bringing the two together. I’m obsessed with Captain Jack Sparrow, and that’s putting it mildly. I’ve made some incredible friends here on the DIS, many of whom have been instrumental in helping me after the untimely passing of my mother last year.

This trip was my first trip without her. I’d be remiss if I didn’t talk a little bit about how it all got started. My mother is the woman who gave me Disney. And it started…in the womb! My very first trip to Disney World was while my mother was pregnant with me. I made it my own personal mission to go to the World while I was pregnant with my children as well. Get ‘em started right, I say. Plus, is there anything better than Disney food while you’re pregnant? :::sigh:::

I digress.

This was my first trip without my mother. It was good, and it was hard. It was everything I expected, some things I didn’t, and most of all, it was a blessing.

Not only were we going without Mom, but we were taking Squirt for the first time. Squirt is our ten month old baby, and I was so excited for his first Disney trip, even if it was a little bittersweet. We have a six year old son, Nemo. The other players on this trip were my husband, MJS (My Jack Sparrow), and Nana.

Nana is my mother’s mom. So it was really something pretty special to be on this trip with her.

There was a lot of emotion leading up to this trip, and sometimes, emotions ran pretty high on vacation. We had some less than stellar moments, I’m not ashamed to admit. At times, I felt like we were “those people.”

But there were times that were amazing. Times that were magical, and times that I looked at my children or my husband or my grandmother and felt so blessed. And, true to form, you’ll find that some of my best memories from this trip had nothing to do with theme park attractions, but unplanned moments.

And really, it’s those moments of complete spontaneity that are the best kind.

Next Chapter

Last edited by TarzansKat; 06-14-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #4
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I am here. Glad to see you started and to hear you had a good trip overall.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #5
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I am here. Glad to see you started and to hear you had a good trip overall.
Happy to have you here!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! So glad to hear that overall the trip was good! I'm looking forward to hearing about the great moments and memories!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 06-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

I'm here!! Can't wait!...

Old 06-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I found you!!!! Ready to enjoy all once more with you!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #9
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Here and reporting for duty!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #10
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Welcome back! So glad to hear that overall the trip was good! I'm looking forward to hearing about the great moments and memories!

Great moments and memories dead ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
I'm here!! Can't wait!...

Good lord, not even a day, and already I've been popcorned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I found you!!!! Ready to enjoy all once more with you!!!

You found me! So glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Here and reporting for duty!

Sir, yes, sir! All I can think of now are the Toy Story army men.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #11
TarzansKat

A Room With A View

Also known as, my mother, my favorite angel, totally has my back.

This trip was really the ultimate combination of these two guys.

Iíll leave it up to you to decide who we were channeling at any given moment.

I think the important thing about this particular trip was that I had a plan in my head. And pretty much before the trip, I said, I donít really care what the plan is, letís just do what we want. I think we had a pretty good combination of doing what we want and sort of sticking to the plan.

But also muddling it up when necessary. As I am wont to quote, they're more guidelines than actual rules.

So to begin with the beginning, the morning of our trip. We were packed. We were ready. We were neat and pretty and ready to get on with the show. Nemo was so excited. One of the great things about the age heís at is that they really get Disney World, and they have their own ideas about what they want to do.

Remember that.

Itís really important later.

Anyway, we were ready to get off and running!

The flight was good! All members of our family were strapped tightly into their seats.

I do have to say, we had a bit of turbulence, and when we landed, I had a rip roaring headache. Honestly, I still consider it a good flight. It wasnít that bad, and the baby slept the whole time! Score one for TK.

I had some lovely conversation with Nana during the flight, and we talked about what weíd like to do.

The beginning of the trip is always the best part. That first day is always so full of anticipation, the idea that anything could happen, the whole vacation and World is laid at your feet. Itís wonderful. If I could bottle that kind of euphoria, Iíd be a rich woman.

So, we arrived, got our luggage, met up with our favorite driver, and headed to the hotel.

Ah.

Caribbean Beach Resort.

Now, let me tell you, Iíd made some pretty specific room requests. One was an absolute must, and that was first floor. Nana has trouble sometimes with her hip, and stairs every day and night were just not an option. Although we were in separate rooms, our reservations were linked together, so I was hoping that weíd be able to get first floor rooms.

Sometimes though, when I make a room request, I feel like Iím playing Clue.

Colonel Mustard, in the library, with the candlestick!

First floor, pack and play, in Jamaica or Aruba, please!

So that was what Iíd requested, and before we got there, Iíd pretty much made peace with the fact that it probably wouldnít happen, and was even open to the adventure and possibility of staying in a different village. Iíd stayed in Jamaica before with Tink(erbellarella) and had a really wonderful time.

Nana and I got to our check in CMís who were absolutely delightful. I canít even tell you anything in particular that they said, or that my CM said, but she made me feel so totally welcome, and quite frankly, I was so excited to be there, that Iím sure my enthusiasm helped. Her attitude was wonderful as she got me my room assignment, and when she showed me that we were on the first floor, in Jamaica, well, I did one of theseÖ

And I didnít even keep it all inside! I thanked her profusely, and we get ready to head to our room.

Our driver lead us right over to Jamaica so that it would be easier to unpack our luggage, and we then began the great room search.

Just because Iíd stayed there before doesnít mean I remember how the villages are laid out. Theme parks, yes, CBR, not so much.

Now, I want to set the scene for you here.

Keep in mind, Iím already excited to be in Jamaica. Iím so excited to be in Walt Disney World. To be breathing that Florida air, to know that my family is finally on vacation.

And when I figure out where our rooms are, and turn around, I see thisÖ

Now thatís what I call a room with a view.

And Iíll admit, I choked up. Because when we got every single thing that we requested, and it came with the gorgeous view of the beach, looking towards Old Port Royale, I knew. I knew my biggest fan, my best angel, my most wonderful mother, was with me. I knew she had my back. And I felt it so strongly, so intensely, that it took me aback. It had been a long time since Iíd felt that kind of a feeling.

We may be separated by heaven and earth, but that woman still knows when I need her, and she was there.

In spades.

With this happy thought in my mind, my family and I got ready to head to the Magic Kingdom.

Next Chapter

Last edited by TarzansKat; 06-20-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #12
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Squirt slept through the plane ride, you got all of your room requests and that SPECTACULAR view from your room! You definitely had an angel on your side!

That view alone makes me want to try CBR - WOW!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 06-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Squirt slept through the plane ride, you got all of your room requests and that SPECTACULAR view from your room! You definitely had an angel on your side!
For sure!

Quote:
That view alone makes me want to try CBR - WOW!
I think everyone should try it once. Although I wouldn't stay there every time I go, I feel it's a wonderfully relaxing resort. I love the theming, of course, it's so pirate-y but also tropical, and again, relaxing. I just felt at ease there, it was beautiful.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #14
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

OMG I had no idea you started this! Can't wait to hear about your trip, my friend!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 06-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #15
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Beautiful view! It looks very similar to ours last July! Didn't it just make you smile every time you walked out the door?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: