Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #16
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

Thanks for putting this link on FB. Can't wait to read to read your reviews.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #17
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Sorry you had to deal with a migaine that night! Those are the worst! I can't wait for more of your reviews though

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #18
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

You poor girl having a migraine on your first day - maybe excitement and stress of travel triggered it.

Well done to your DH for being one of the brave lads on both sides of the atlantic who are keeping us safe at home

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #19
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I'm here!

I can't believe you reviewed McDonald's, you are too funny! Glad they had your chicken on a biscuit!

So sorry to hear that you were sick at Liberty Tree! I hope that the rest of your dining only goes up from there!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #20
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
I'll be joining in! Congratulations on your wedding and eventual honeymoon

So sorry to hear about your migraine! That must have been such a pain. Hopefully it didn't bother you for the rest of the trip.

And one other thing - I also can't stand mayo!! So I completely relate when you say that it seems like it's on everything. It really is so difficult to find food (especially sandwiches) that doesn't have mayo slathered on it, yuck.
I am glad to find someone else who understands the mayo issue! Thanks for joining in, I glad to say that was the only headache of the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
i'm joining in! sorry you had a migrane! it's so miserable i've had my share of disney meals ruined by those awful things. i'm glad they were very nice to you at ltt!!

The waitress was so kind. She went above and beyond. She got me ice, and even showed me some pressure points that she hoped would help!

I am glad you have decided to join in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaminA115 View Post
I love this itinerary, count me in!
Yay and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazzo'sMommy View Post
I just read through your entire Wedding trip report, so now I'm in for the Honeymoon eating fest! I can' wait!
Oh my! You are dedicated, that thing is lonnnnngggggg lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
Cant wait for more! Thanks for sharing and please thank your hubby for all he does for us
Glad you are excited for more! I will let him know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
I'm in!

There's nothing worse than feeling ill on holiday, is there? Especially as your migraine sounds really nasty

Might have to pop and look at your wedding trip report - you're a cute couple! Can't wait for more reviews....
The migraine was not a fun way to start the trip. It was a blessing in disguise though, as it forced us to slow down and we really enjoyed our trip, more than I think we would have if we had kept rushing rushing rushing

Feel free to take a peek, it is long though, and very photo heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabric View Post
I will be looking for more reviews.
YAY! I won't disappoint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Sounds like a great lineup!
It sure was alot of great food!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #21
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I followed your wedding TR, happy to hear your husband came back safe!

I feel your pain with the migraine, I get them constantly. It's the worst at a restaurant, sometimes food helps, so you try and eat and sometimes it makes it so much worse!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #22
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

Joining in as well! Glad to find another Army spouse who understands the need for the DxDDP and it's sand free goodness!
Me 33 DH 37 DD 11 DD 8 DD 4
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
disneywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #23
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

I'm in too !! And please, thank your DH for his service and everything he does. (and you for the sacrifices you make).
Onto the food !!!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #24
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Great start to your reviews. Another fellow mayo hater here - in fact, we are a family of mayo haters

Glad to see your DH returned safely from his deployment - you make a cute couple
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #25
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4metoo View Post
Thanks for putting this link on FB. Can't wait to read to read your reviews.
Yay for following it over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Sorry you had to deal with a migaine that night! Those are the worst! I can't wait for more of your reviews though
It stunk, but hey it poured that night, and it was a crazy lightening storm, so it was the best night to be sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
You poor girl having a migraine on your first day - maybe excitement and stress of travel triggered it.

Well done to your DH for being one of the brave lads on both sides of the atlantic who are keeping us safe at home
We think that is major cause of it, the stress, not sleeping, eating right..... I am so glad he is home safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I'm here!

I can't believe you reviewed McDonald's, you are too funny! Glad they had your chicken on a biscuit!

So sorry to hear that you were sick at Liberty Tree! I hope that the rest of your dining only goes up from there!
Hey now, we had to get in the spirit of the trip! Besides, now if you fly through NY you know not to get the sweet tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Joining in! I followed your wedding TR, happy to hear your husband came back safe!

I feel your pain with the migraine, I get them constantly. It's the worst at a restaurant, sometimes food helps, so you try and eat and sometimes it makes it so much worse!
I am sorry you get them often! I would hate that. I just get them occasionally, and normally I can head them off.... not this time!

Glad you are back for more. I thought I had burnt some people out with all that lovey dovey wedding stuff LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywatcher View Post
Joining in as well! Glad to find another Army spouse who understands the need for the DxDDP and it's sand free goodness!
Welcome, and I am glad you understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
I'm in too !! And please, thank your DH for his service and everything he does. (and you for the sacrifices you make).
Onto the food !!!!
Will do! Glad you have joined in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Great start to your reviews. Another fellow mayo hater here - in fact, we are a family of mayo haters

Glad to see your DH returned safely from his deployment - you make a cute couple
Thank you! You understand the plight of the mayo hater. It isn't an easy life to live
Old 06-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #26
My sister's princess

Day 1 (5/28) Animal Kingdom – Tusker House
Seating time – 9:20 (AM EMH)

After getting back to the hotel, and a solid night’s sleep, I was ready to eat my way through Animal Kingdom!!

We arrived a bit early and were seated early. When we went to check in at the first podium, they asked that only one person from each family stand in line. At first I didn’t know if I liked that. However not having to listen to children scream right next to me (they were instead a few feet away and in fact were screaming, loudly) was very nice. I had a nice chat with another DISer while we waited for our turn to check in. While I waited in line, Josh stood in the seating area to the left waiting for me. The check in process was fast, and easy… for us. The woman yelling because she didn’t have a reservation, and they were full wasn’t very happy. She couldn’t comprehend that the people standing in line waiting to check in had made reservations up to six months in advance.

Once I checked us in, I was handed a buzzer and told to have a seat and wait. Josh and I sat chatting about what we wanted to do the rest of the day, and very soon our buzzer went off. We were taken to the second podium, where they double checked our names.
We had our photo taken with Donald (Not included)

A note about the Donald meet and greet:
There were two families in front of us to have their photo taken. One was seated right next to us in the dining room, very sweet, first non-kid vacation… and the other had young children, and was freaking out because 1) Donald couldn’t sign their books, and 2) Donald wouldn’t be coming around to the tables inside. Mom was WAY more upset than the kids. I think the photo process here could be refined a bit, as at other character meals it seems to go a bit more smoothly.

We were seated by a very friendly 20ish girl who told us that we NEED to come back and try lunch sometime. She said the food is fantastic, and if we loved breakfast there, we would love lunch. It has been added to the do to list. She explained the buffet to us, and lead us to the dining room to the right, when you are walking in the door. We were seated in a back corner, which turned out to be great, as there was another childless couple at the 2 top next to us.

Our server, Megumi was attentive, and told us we had plenty of time to grab some breakfast before the characters made it over. Josh and I both got Jungle Juice (“always good, fruity and jungle like- according to Josh) and coffee. I got a big glass of water a little later.

My breakfast…..

Sorry no photo of DH’s plate, by the time I got back it was ½ demolished, and unless you are eating something that doesn’t fall apart at all, breakfast doesn’t look pretty ½ eatten. Mickey waffles were good, but I only ate the ears. Bacon was ok, not the best on property, but I love me some pig. I am a BIG fan of tatertos and was very excited that they are still on the breakfast buffet. I missed the ketchup though, and ended up having to steal some off of Josh’s plate. The eggs with cheese and ham were just way too rich for me. I ate 1 or 2 bites.
Character greeters included:

Mickey

Daisy

Goofy

All characters were very fun, interaction was limited, but come on, when a character can’t talk, you can’t expect much. They signed our book, gave us hugs, and moved on. We had eaten, and were walking out the door in under an hour.

Cost – $56.97
Credits used – 2
Worth the credits –
Josh – Yes, Daisy hit on me
Beth – Yes, very yummy and the characters are fun!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #27
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear about your migrane, but it looks like you were feeling a bit better the next morning. Looking forward to reading more; thanks for sharing!

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
Mrs. Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #28
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Sojourner View Post
Sorry to hear about your migrane, but it looks like you were feeling a bit better the next morning. Looking forward to reading more; thanks for sharing!
Thanks! I was feeling much better! Thank goodness!

I am having so much fun with this!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #29
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

We'll be at the CBR in August and have a bunch of the same ADRs planned. Looking forward to reading more.

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
donnaf516 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #30
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516 View Post
We'll be at the CBR in August and have a bunch of the same ADRs planned. Looking forward to reading more.
YAY! We loved CBR! We were in Jamaica, it was perfect!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: