Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #196
MaggieBailey
Mouseketeer

I must agree with the post the said everyone has different taste, so ya never know what someone will love that the other person so didn't! Lol, but that being said we truly did not like, nor will return to 50's Prime Time. I know there are tons of people who love it, and we loved the decor and atmosphere, but I cook at home a lot (trying to save for that next Disney trip ! )- and I can honestly make everything we ate better at home! When we do Disney, we'd rather eat something somewhere that I don't cook at home!
MaggieBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #197
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

For me it was Captain Jack's at Downtown Disney. Food was the worst among the TS's I had tried. Actually, now that I think of it, Tony's is a very close second.
DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #198
disneybride96
Yacht Club Gazebo- 11-2-96

The Wave.
First time we went there was nice, not great service, but okay.
The service on our second trip was so horrid, we will not return. 2 1/2 hours for a meal with no appetizers. Took forever to take our dessert orders and made us miss the fireworks from TOW. Thank goodness the kids were patient.

Mutiple Trips- 1972-1995
The Weddings : Sister's Wedding...Wilderness Lodge Jan '96 Intimate Wedding....Yacht Club Nov '96

Boardwalk Grand Villa Upgrade, '98 Shades Of Green '99
The Cruises: Wonder- Jan '04, Magic w/ Antigua- Oct '04, Kin Folk Magic Cruise- Nov '05, Wonder- Jan '06
Won at trip to the Yacht Club- Jan '06
Then Came DVC: SSR - Sept '06, OKW Studio - Jan '07, OKW Grand Villa - Sept '07, AKV/BCV - Jan '08
Magic Halloween Double Dip Oct '08, SSR Pre-Christmas Dec '08,, Jan '09 BCV, Developer Points @ SSR - Sept '09,
BLT Homecoming- Dec '09,Wonder & BWV- Jan '10, HHI- Oct '10, Nephews to BLT- Jan '11, DISNEYLAND VGC- Oct '11
Dream/BLT - Nov '11, Princess Trip/Treehouse - Oct '12,
Super Storm Sandy Dream Cruise - Oct '12 , AKV/BCV -Jan '13 .
disneybride96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #199
Ms. Belle
Today is my Unbirthday!

I was really disappointed in the Plaza Restaurant in the MK. I wouldn't go back again. I had the strawberry chicken salad. It wasn't anything special; the lettuce seemed like it had been taken from a bag and the chicken was dry and tough. The restaurant itself was chaotic and a little dirty, just stuff on the floor. There wasn't really any atmosphere in there either. I felt really rushed. Then I got the bill and found out my bagged lettuce salad was $13. I guess I hadn't really paid attention when I ordered it and that was my fault. It all just added up to a mediocre experience.
Ms. Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #200
whitnicole18
Earning My Ears

I know you can't always judge by reviews, but based on all these opinions - I know five places keep being named so there overall bad!

its hard with so many replies, to think WHERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO GO?!!

Chef Mickeys, Ive heard so many things about and was looking forward to trying it, might just give it a shot anyways!
whitnicole18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #201
whitnicole18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
I hate to say it, but Coral Reef. I remember loving my meal there 11 years ago. Went back last summer and was underwhelmed. Went back a few days ago and felt that the food was worse than Applebee's. I regret giving it another chance after the previous unsatisfactory meal, and I won't be going back.
Good thing I read reviews and went with my gut & changed our reservations from here!!!!
whitnicole18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #202
vic'sDisney6
Earning My Ears

China wasnt great.. we have better places at home.
vic'sDisney6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #203
Belle83
DIS Veteran

BoardWalk Bakery

Mushy/soggy bread (tomato mozzarella sandwich), and mediocre croissants.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #204
Carnie
Derp

Sci-Fi.

I ordered the steak salad. The steak was BEYOND well done. It was CHARCOAL. I think they figured because it was dark, I wouldn't see the ash coating.

I have never, in my life, ever seen anything like it.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #205
pooch
I feel so special now!!

never can tell

as people's tastes/perceptions are so different. I love the Wave (both times), Chefs de France (3 times) and can't wait to return to Biergarten (sat with a lovely German couple last time who raved about the authentic food and gave great beer advice. We thanked them by giving them our Soarin' fastpasses. They were leaving in the very early AM and expressed disappointment at not managing to get on Soarin', and heck there was the good beer & all )

My probably not anytime soon:

Le Cellier - been there several times - good but not worth 2 TS and too much for lunch
Coral Reef - have had good meals here but not last time and the service for several trips has been way too rushed, finally told one waiter to back off (did say it nicely!)
Ohana - food was dropped haphazardly on the table & waiter did so at a dead run so no chance to ask for or about anything and I swore he was gonna kill someone with those skewers!

Truly never again:

Hollywood & Vine - found this place to be just vile - noisy dirty, totally unappetizing. Maybe if parents didn't let their kids behave like animals H & V wouldn't be so bad but until....

pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #206
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

My list:

Never agains:

Planet Hollywood. We went there on our honeymoon and it was... not good. I could get a better burger at MickeyD's honestly.
50's Prime Time. Cold food, microwaved dessert, the only thing that was good about it was the root beer float.
Chef Mickey's. Slow characters, bland food, just ugh.
WCC. My fork was dirty. The waitress acted like it was a hassle to get me a new one.
ABC Commissary.

Would try again under other conditions:
Pecos Bill. Fries were dry. I would try it again though. It wasn't bad, just not great.
Le Cellier. I choked on a piece of steak and got sick on the table. I was having a bad IBS attack that trip and normally, that wouldn't happen.
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #207
spreadingpixiedust
I have but one life, one voice and one sacrifice

I have only been to Disney World 2 times so I do not have much to go on but Whispering Canyon was awful! I would not eat there again.

I loved Jiko although it took about 2 1/2 hours to get through our meal. (just DH and I) Luckily we were in no hurry.

Our upcoming trip (for 6 adults) we have ADR's at Jiko, Akershus for lunch, Boma for dinner, Citricos and California Grill. I hope they are all ok. Reading threads like these always makes me rethink my whole plan

spreadingpixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #208
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

We'll never go back to Chef Mickey's. Messy, dirty, loud. Food not even that bad - but that atmosphere? No thanks. I'll go back to Kona and get some Tonga Toast

Will also probably never go back to Rose & Crown. After a wonderful dinner there on our honeymoon we were deeply disappointed a year later. You just never know. Of course they could have been having an off night - every place does - but there are so many other places to try, why waste the time?

October 1998 - First Visit
September 2008 - Honeymoon, Polynesian
September 2009, 2010, 2012 - Anniversary, Polynesian
December 2012 & 2014 - at the Polynesian
TheNewMrsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #209
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadingpixiedust View Post
I have only been to Disney World 2 times so I do not have much to go on but Whispering Canyon was awful! I would not eat there again.

I loved Jiko although it took about 2 1/2 hours to get through our meal. (just DH and I) Luckily we were in no hurry.

Our upcoming trip (for 6 adults) we have ADR's at Jiko, Akershus for lunch, Boma for dinner, Citricos and California Grill. I hope they are all ok. Reading threads like these always makes me rethink my whole plan
Don't rethink ANYTHING on your list based on what others say!

For what it's worth, we enjoyed Boma - not enough to trek out to AKL to try it again, but it was a good meal. And Cali Grill? Forget about it - it's the one absolute must-do for every trip. The menu only sounds more complex than it is, but I have literally had the best meals of my life there. I HIGHLY recommend the pork tenderloin - best entree ever. And the sushi? Forget about it! SO good!!!

October 1998 - First Visit
September 2008 - Honeymoon, Polynesian
September 2009, 2010, 2012 - Anniversary, Polynesian
December 2012 & 2014 - at the Polynesian
TheNewMrsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #210
smkohn
Mouseketeer

Sanaa. We ate here as our first night's dinner on our trip staying at AKL last week. Our sever was pretty bad. She basically handed us our menus and left, whereas she had a long conversation with the table next to us after she gave them their menus about what was good, what she recommended, etc. My BF is big on fish so he ordered the special, Alaskan something-or-other. Said his fish tasted frozen and way more fishy than it should have. He only ate a small amount of it. I ordered the "slow cooked" menu, and got the red curry chicken and beef short ribs. There were only about 5 small pieces of chicken and way too much sauce. Food came out slowly, took a long time to get refills, etc. However, the view of the animals was fantastic. We were right by a window, and had 4 giraffes come within feet of us while we were eating. Probably our only positive.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: