Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
GoingGoing
Earning My Ears

Smile What Pre-Cruise Paperwork is Needed At The Port?

We are sailing in a few weeks on the Dream and I already did my on-line check-in. I was told to print out one sheet during the on-line process, and this sheet has a bar-code on it. Is that all we need to bring to port? I have read other posts where people say "bring all your papers", etc.. All I have is one bar-coded sheet and our passports, of course. Is that all that's needed?

Oh -one more - is there food available at the cruise terminal? Thanks!
GoingGoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
truck1
Growing older but not up.

They took the snack bar out of the terminal.Sorry.

As far as paperwork, the last time we went, they pretty much had us redo most of it in the terminal. Which was last Oct. It may and probably has changed between then and now.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You should have one page (the signature page) of the cruise contract and one financial statement (how you plan to pay your onboard account). Interestingly, when I printed my stuff this time both printed on the same page. In the past it was always two separate sheets.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
MickeyMaz
Always Remember the Magic

I can't find it where I saw it, but don't they need an ID in addition to the passport?

The Maz Disney Blog: http://themazdisneyblog.blogspot.com/
The "We're Going to WDW" Podcast: http://wgtwdw.podbean.com/ ]Show # 31 Just Released 5/21/13
MickeyMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
CandyMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMaz View Post
I can't find it where I saw it, but don't they need an ID in addition to the passport?
What would be the point -in the realm of travel, a valid passport trumps all other forms of standard government issued i.d. (drivers license, birth certificate, social security card, etc.) because it is the ONLY photo version that definitively proves citizenship. We have NEVER checked in for any cruise (not just DCL, but also seven other lines) where any other form of I.D. was required once we provided valid passports.

There are only a few other circumstances I can think of where a cruiser would be asked to provide other documentation (not I.D., documentation) when checking in.

The first would be in situations where a parent is sailing without the other parent and checking in with a child, or where a child is sailing in party that doesn't include their parents. In those cases, notarized documentation must be provided to prove the other parent/parents have given full consent for the child to travel with the party checking in.

The second would be when a disabled passenger is boarding and will be occupying a handicappped accessible cabin. I believe in some cases (relative to specific special support/services DCL may be providing to that passenger) medical documentation may be required.

The third would be passengers boarding with service animals. While Federal law doesn't allow DCL (or any company) to mandate documentation that the animal holds service certification, they legally can (and I have heard usually do) ask.
CandyMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
fhernand
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=truck1;40612278]They took the snack bar out of the terminal/QUOTE]

I guess they needed the extra room for the large crowd
fhernand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
MickeyMaz
Always Remember the Magic

I found this under our Online check-in information.
Bullet three sure sounds like a Drivers license.

Bring These with You!
  • Your signed and completed Online Check-In Signature Form (Reprint Signature Form)
  • All other required (and optional) forms, signed and completed
  • Valid proof of citizenship for all members of your party, including children
  • Valid government-issued photo identification for all adults in your party

The Maz Disney Blog: http://themazdisneyblog.blogspot.com/
The "We're Going to WDW" Podcast: http://wgtwdw.podbean.com/ ]Show # 31 Just Released 5/21/13
MickeyMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMaz View Post
I found this under our Online check-in information.
Bullet three sure sounds like a Drivers license.

Bring These with You!
  • Your signed and completed Online Check-In Signature Form (Reprint Signature Form)
  • All other required (and optional) forms, signed and completed
  • Valid proof of citizenship for all members of your party, including children
  • Valid government-issued photo identification for all adults in your party
I'm guessing you mean bullet four as a drivers licence is definitely not proof of citizenship.

A passport would cover the last two bullets. If you were using your birth certificate as your proof of citizenship you would also need a photo id. A passport is a valid photo id and proof of citizenship.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

We have our passports and that with the other 2 DCL documents were all we needed to check in. However, DH and I always carry our Driver's Licenses with us and it was easier using the DL with the KTTW card to get on and off the ship.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #10
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I think they ask for an additional form of ID such as a Drivers licence as it also has your address on it too so they can verify th information as well.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #11
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I think they ask for an additional form of ID such as a Drivers licence as it also has your address on it too so they can verify th information as well.
Ummm, no. Many states do not re-print the photo ID for an address change, they just slap a peice of cardstock printed with the new info on the back. Oregon uses a sticker similar to an avery return address label. MT uses the paper taped to the back. They do not need proof of address. They need prof of citizenship
MTmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #12
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTmomma View Post
Ummm, no. Many states do not re-print the photo ID for an address change, they just slap a peice of cardstock printed with the new info on the back. Oregon uses a sticker similar to an avery return address label. MT uses the paper taped to the back. They do not need proof of address. They need prof of citizenship
I understand that that not all places may put change of addresses info on drivers licences right away. I also understand that they want passports for citizen ship info. All I can say from my experience checking into a hotel and on my 3 DCL cruises on my own after I have given them my passport as photo id/ citizenship I have been asked to show something with my current address on it. For most people the easiest thing to show with that is there drivers licence, hence that is why it is listed.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream, needed passports, paperwork, port

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: