Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Walt Disney World Birthday Perks

I'm just curious but what can you get for having your birthday button?

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Nadjalu
DIS Veteran

You will be told by most CMs, Happy Bday. You could receive a free dessert, cupcake or birthday card if you eat at a restaurant. But it is up to the server. They aren't obligated to do anything or give you anything.

So it is best to not expect anything and if you receive something thank the CM and know you were sprinkled with pixie dust.
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadjalu View Post
You will be told by most CMs, Happy Bday. You could receive a free dessert, cupcake or birthday card if you eat at a restaurant. But it is up to the server. They aren't obligated to do anything or give you anything.

So it is best to not expect anything and if you receive something thank the CM and know you were sprinkled with pixie dust.
Okay. Thanks!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
dragonfly08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Lots of happy birthday wishes.

You might get lucky and receive other things. Both of my girls got Disney trips as their fifth birthday gift from me. In each case, we returned to our room one night to find an autographed photo of Mickey on the bed. DD #1 received a free Mickey ice cream bar in Epcot on our first day, and a cupcake with candle after our meal at Chef Mickeys. DD #2 didn't get anything extra but that was fine. I wasn't expecting that she would, all she wanted was the button and to have people notice it. :-)
dragonfly08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
CandyHead09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I had a whole birthday week for my Sweet 16! Keep in mind that I went like three years ago for the year of celebration (wow I realize just now that I'm getting old...)

EVERYONE will tell you happy birthday. Even guests. Characters will write it down in their signatures too! I've gotten things like stickers in Epcot and the cashier will write 'Happy Birthday' in their countries language on the back! I've gone to the candy store and gotten free candy, little things like that :]

If you say when you make reservations, or ask whoever will be making the reservations to say, that you are celebrating your birthday they might attach that message to every reservation alerting the restaurant/waiter. So you should get a free cupcake or some sort of decorated dessert. If it's a character meal they often ask the characters to sign a birthday card and give that to you as well, it's really cute.

I saved most of my candles from my cupcakes too :D!

I was at the Animal Kingdom parade and all the performers came over to the section I was standing with my group to wish me a happy birthday it was so sweet!
CandyHead09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
mmullena70
Mouseketeer

My son was wearing his (he was 6) and we got picked to be the Family of the Day on the Great Movie Ride. The CM took us through a "secret" entrance, bypassing the line and we got the first seats in our car. Then for the Stars and Motor Cars Parade (which has since moved to Paris, I think), we got to sit in a roped off section and the CM's kept everyone from standing in front of us. We got a lot of great pictures that way.

We also got fastpasses in AK good for any ride from a CM strolling past us. Then on our last day, we were sitting at our resort's food court and our kids were chosen to be Chefs of the Day. They were taken to the middle of the food court and given a cart of ice cream sundae fixings. The head chef came out and instructed them, which was really cute. The CM who chose them took pictures for us and had them sent to our room. It was a really fun memory. Except for the lady who came up during the middle of it and demanded to know why her child wasn't chosen and "those kids" were. The CM very politely but firmly told her he'd answer her questions as soon as he was finished.
2013 Port Orleans Riverside
mmullena70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: