Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
katiemac1875
Earning My Ears

Disneyland Crowd Predictions

I am been reading some pretty scary stuff about the crowds here lately. Does anyone know if there is a DLR crowd predictor calendar on the internet? I have found plenty for WDW, but I really want to see one for DLR. Help!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
johde
DIS Veteran

Touringplans.com has a crowd calendar for DL and WDW. You can see some dates for free but you need to pay for dates coming up.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

With the new stuff I doubt anyone will be able to predict, but it will be busy, especially when the passes are unblocked.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
stubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemac1875 View Post
I am been reading some pretty scary stuff about the crowds here lately. Does anyone know if there is a DLR crowd predictor calendar on the internet? I have found plenty for WDW, but I really want to see one for DLR. Help!
Hi. No help sorry but wanted to say we will be there around the same time as you. And I am expecting it to be bad.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
cougarfan84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
touringplans.com has a crowd calander for DLR, but you need a subscription to view your desired dates as a previous poster has mentioned. I will tell you that the end of July is right in the peak of the summer, so the crowd levels will be busy (I think it's a projected 10/10 on touringplans.com).

However, with the changes happening in DL and DCA this summer (Star Tours, LMAUA, etc.), I'm not sure how accurate the predictions will be.
cougarfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
katiemac1875
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! I was afraid of that. This will be our first time at DLR. We are very excited. We go to WDW regulary and I always use a touring plan that I generate based on the crowds and our party. I have always used TourGuideMike. I am looking for something a little more DLR oriented. Would you all recommend Touringplans.com for their touring plans. I am a little freaked out by this 10 by 10 thing and would consider moving the vacation but it is all paid for. Any suggestions? I feel like I am spinning my wheels. I am reading tons of stuff, but I don't feel like I am prepared for this. What do you guys think?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
cougarfan84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I was afraid of that. This will be our first time at DLR. We are very excited. We go to WDW regulary and I always use a touring plan that I generate based on the crowds and our party. I have always used TourGuideMike. I am looking for something a little more DLR oriented. Would you all recommend Touringplans.com for their touring plans. I am a little freaked out by this 10 by 10 thing and would consider moving the vacation but it is all paid for. Any suggestions? I feel like I am spinning my wheels. I am reading tons of stuff, but I don't feel like I am prepared for this. What do you guys think?

Touringplans does have plans for Disneyland, but there aren't as many options as they have for WDW, and as of right now all their plans are out of date as they haven't factored in the new ST or LMAUA rides into their plans.

My personal recommendations would probably be to pay for Ridemax if you are wanting a touring plan. That way you can tailor the plan to the exact rides that you want to go on. When I go to DLR in August, I plan on incorporating info from touringplans.com, ridemax.com, and info from this site when determining my plan of attack for visiting the parks.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
Bungle
DIS Veteran

You could also look up is it packed. They were pretty accurate for the time we were there.

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
tykayausjake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfan84 View Post
Touringplans does have plans for Disneyland, but there aren't as many options as they have for WDW, and as of right now all their plans are out of date as they haven't factored in the new ST or LMAUA rides into their plans.

My personal recommendations would probably be to pay for Ridemax if you are wanting a touring plan. That way you can tailor the plan to the exact rides that you want to go on. When I go to DLR in August, I plan on incorporating info from touringplans.com, ridemax.com, and info from this site when determining my plan of attack for visiting the parks.
Totally OT but just thought I would say hi from a fellow Utahn and Cougar fan. We've had season football tix for about 16 years now.

Sorry OP
tykayausjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
I just wanted to say that I wouldn't freak out about touringplans.com and their crowd predictions. They don't have very much data for Disneyland and their numbers don't make much sense. I have been to Disneyland on two different holidays (President's Day and Memorial Day) this year. At least some of our days were predicted 10/10 and while it was crowded, it certainly wasn't the busiest I have seen. So I wouldn't get too upset about it.

Like others have said, get Ridemax and make a personalized itinerary for DL. They are doing their best to get the new information about Star Tours and Little Mermaid incorporated, so best to read the boards here for information on how to handle those rides. So ask questions as needed.

With a good touring plan and if you get there early in the day, you will be able to see what you want. So don't worry and have fun!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
cougarfan84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykayausjake View Post
Totally OT but just thought I would say hi from a fellow Utahn and Cougar fan. We've had season football tix for about 16 years now.

Sorry OP
Fun to see another cougar fan here. With the exception of the '03 and '04 seasons, I've been to nearly every home game since the 2000 season myself. My parents have been season ticket holders since before I was born (in '84), so I grew up on BYU football.

Don't wanna hijack this thread, though.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #12
katiemac1875
Earning My Ears

Thank you thank you thank you for quelling my fears! I will def check out ridemax. You all have been awesome! And don't worry about the football talk! I LOVE college football!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #13
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfan84 View Post
touringplans.com has a crowd calander for DLR, but you need a subscription to view your desired dates as a previous poster has mentioned. I will tell you that the end of July is right in the peak of the summer, so the crowd levels will be busy (I think it's a projected 10/10 on touringplans.com).

However, with the changes happening in DL and DCA this summer (Star Tours, LMAUA, etc.), I'm not sure how accurate the predictions will be.
Given that TP had June 3 predicted as a "3" day (and according to reports it much have been more like a 9 or 10 day), a lot of us around here are very skeptical that they are maintaining their data or are paying enough attention to DLR schedules or know enough about DLR works to make good predictions.

I think they eventually will get it figured out. But for now I do not have much confidence inthem at DLR. I do have higher confidence for their WDW predictions.

DLR 11/2014, JC Blog & WOCWD Blog (Tropicana), 07/2014 (DLH), 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
Given that TP had June 3 predicted as a "3" day (and according to reports it much have been more like a 9 or 10 day), a lot of us around here are very skeptical that they are maintaining their data or are paying enough attention to DLR schedules or know enough about DLR works to make good predictions.

I think they eventually will get it figured out. But for now I do not have much confidence inthem at DLR. I do have higher confidence for their WDW predictions.

I was there on June 1-4. I paid for touring plans, and what a joke. Never again. I'll be back with Ridemax, and using the Mousewait app for up to the minute waits. I was at DL solo Wed/Thurs. this week and found Mousewait's times and crowd levels to be very accurate. I did not use any kind of "plan" for those days because I was just relaxing!

I was shocked that Touringplans didnt take the biggest roll-out of new rides in years into consideration. Crowds were crazy and a better plan would have helped us make the most out of June 3!!
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #15
nana50
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post

totally agree. I used them twice and they were so far off. They said three and it was easy an 8 one time and a 7 another. We managed but I was disappointed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: