Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report

Hi everyone, and welcome to my first trip report! If you followed me over from my pre-trip report, I'm glad to see you back, and to those of you who are just joining in, thanks!

My name is Amy, and I'm a 24 year old retail worker/student. I live in beautiful Nova Scotia, Canada with my fiance, her two cats, and our pet snake.

Our Disney vacation started on May 27th (2011) and went until June 4th. I can't stress how much I wish we were still hanging out with the mouse, in the sunshine, with a "Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bar" just soaking it all in. Alas, we all have to return to the "real world" at some point, and our time has come.

Alright, time to get down to business, so to speak. This vacation consisted of myself, my fiance, my parents, and eventually, my brother. We stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort, and were on the Disney Dining Plan (for free! ). I'm going to give a brief overview of our trip here, and then as time permits I'll come back and update properly (this is also partly so I can remember what happened on what day since I didn't keep a travel journal, despite all my good intentions ).

May 27 - Day 1: leave home for WDW! Dinner at Maya Grill
May 28 - Day 2: Day at AK, lunch at Yak'n'Yetti, night at HS, dinner at Pizza Planet
May 29 - Day 3: Morning at Epcot, lunch at Sunshine Seasons, dinner at 'Ohana, evening/night at MK
May 30 - Day 4: Morning in Downtown Disney, scoping out the Yacht Club, lunch at Electric Umbrella, dinner at Brown Derby, Epcot at night for Illuminations
May 31 - Day 5: Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
June 1 - Day 6: MK in the morning, lots of rain, lunch at Cosmic Rays with a DISser, Epcot, dinner at Sanaa
June 2 - Day 7: Breakfast at the Tusker House, lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, Epcot in the evening, dinner at Tangerine Cafe, the kitchen sink!
June 3 - Day 8: EMH at Epcot, AK for a short time, dinner at the 50's Prime Time Cafe, EMH at MK
June 4 - Day 9: leave WDW

So there you have it, just a taste of what's to come. Until my next update (which will probably be tonight), I'll leave you with this fabulous picture!

EDIT: So it's hard to believe it's been a year, but my time how time flies! I've decided to come back and give this an index for easier reading.

Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site

Last edited by silverhaze269; 05-29-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: