Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #151
Gonzo82
Mouseketeer

100% honesty here:

My BF completely regrets Via Napoli because we ordered the "family style" salad and has sworn never to eat there again. I agree with him that the salad is way overpriced for what you get. Italian style or not, we expected literally twice the amount of salad we got for the price. Now as for the pizza... Here's the thing. Ordering a full size pizza to feed 2 people, if you compare it to a local NY-style pizzaria, it's way over priced. If you compare it to what you would pay at any other table service restaurant on Disney property for a party of 2, it comes out about even. Honestly, I would go there again, BUT I would order a full size pizza and nothing else. Everything else on the menu is way over priced IMO, and the pizzas are only worth it when compared to other Disney restaurants. In fact, thinking about it, I probably would rather leave Disney property and get an Uno's Deep Dish pizza off property for a lower price, since we both love their pizzas, plus we would have left-overs for breakfasts/other in-room meals.
Gonzo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #152
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!

Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis4evr View Post
Our worst dining experience was Chef Mickey's. There was absolutely nothing on the buffet that looked appetizing. We went for dinner, maybe we should try breakfast?
Breakfast..... ......imagine your dining experience memory....just a few hours earlier
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #153
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I regret going to the Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club. We went there for dinner on our last trip. We both got steaks that were just awful - not cooked right, no flavor, super small for the price. The service was incredible but the food...not so much.

Beaches & Cream is off our list now too. We used to love their burgers but the last time we ate there they tasted like those frozen patties you get at costco. blech!
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #154
kathie859
DIS Veteran

My regret....The Brown Derby

Service was lousy, the steak fatty and way overpriced and the much touted grapefruit cake was stale. I'd like to have my money back on that dinner
kathie859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:27 AM   #155
AFETA
Mouseketeer

Biggest regrets...

Trails End... The food here was some of the worst I had on property. The selection was poor and and the quality of the food was low. This is definitely on our list of never agains!

Disney's Spirit of Aloha... The food was not the worst part of this show. Although the food was not the best I have definitely had worse. I was more disappointed in the show itself. It is not at all what I expected and unless you get a priority seat, it is hard to see and hear what is going on.

Our trip in July will be our first time for Chef Mickey's.

Hope this helps you. Below is a list of all the TS meals we have experienced. If you have any questions, let me know

Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree Tavern
Tony's Town Square
50's Primtetime Cafe
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Biergarten in Germany
Le Cellier
The Tusker House
ESPN Zone
Boma
Cape May Cafe
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review
Trail's End
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Kona Cafe
Captain Jack's
Planet Hollywood

AFETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #156
ShuisFan584
Bowler & Softball player!
STAR pitcher!
Alright already, get Sheridan and Luis back together or fuggedaboutit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonsmom View Post
Sorry, just had to say your dog is gorgeous!
Aww thank you.

ShuisFan584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #157
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

Sci Fi. It was awful.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #158
aripantaloon
DIS Veteran

We didn't like Hollywood and Vine (breakfast).

1979 - offsite; 1988 - offsite; 1989 - offsite; 2000 - Poly with DH (then DF); 2008 - May 10-17 AKL as a family!!! May 9 at ASMo; 2010 - February 27-March 6 CSR!; 2012 - May 4-12 Poly; 2014 April 26-May 4 BC

aripantaloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #159
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCollette View Post
And why?

for us Hollywood and Vine (nuff said)
Le Cellier for us. I think the main problem was the hype that I had read here. people were raving about how it was the best steak they had every had, which makes me wonder where they go for steaks.

We tried it 3 times because I kept saying to myself, it gets such great reviews until I noticed that most of the great things being said about it were about THE SOUP!!!

Steak had absolutely no flavor what soever and was definitely not the best quality cut of meat.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #160
csjordan
Yearning for the Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFL View Post
Breakfast..... ......imagine your dining experience memory....just a few hours earlier
We had breakfast there this past Saturday and thought the food was pretty tasty! Pretty standard breakfast, but tasted good! Character interaction was good and timely!

csjordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #161
DEA
DIS Veteran

I regret a lunch at ABC Commissary; the chicken sandwich I had was very bad. Other things there may be delicious, but I definitely regretted my order that day.

I also regret dinner at Tony's Town Square. Bad food, inattentive service, terrible atmosphere due to what I feel is excessive crowding (I know, everything can get a bit crowded at WDW, but this was over the top), and a bit of CM attitude combined for a regrettable meal.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #162
maraki527
DIS Veteran

For us it was Chef Mickey's dinner and Captains Grille.

Chef Mickeys food was gross and at Captains Grille it took forever. I really dont remember the food because by the time we got it we had to rush and eat because our toddler was about to throw the rest. down
Old 06-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #163
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Le Cellier for us. I think the main problem was the hype that I had read here. people were raving about how it was the best steak they had every had, which makes me wonder where they go for steaks.

We tried it 3 times because I kept saying to myself, it gets such great reviews until I noticed that most of the great things being said about it were about THE SOUP!!!

Steak had absolutely no flavor what soever and was definitely not the best quality cut of meat.
But the soup IS FABULOUS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA View Post
I regret a lunch at ABC Commissary; the chicken sandwich I had was very bad. Other things there may be delicious, but I definitely regretted my order that day.

I also regret dinner at Tony's Town Square. Bad food, inattentive service, terrible atmosphere due to what I feel is excessive crowding (I know, everything can get a bit crowded at WDW, but this was over the top), and a bit of CM attitude combined for a regrettable meal.
Yeah, I'm with you. We ate there a couple of years ago. I will say that the Brazilian Tour Group made up of all teenage boys serenading 2 girls made for great entertainment.

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #164
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

I don't really regret eating at any restaurant. We've had some really good experiences and some not so good - but we can also have that at any restaurant at home.

Some of the not so good experiences:

The service at Coral Reef - we love the food but the last 3 trips, the service has been horrible. We are planning to go here again this trip.

My dd's steaks at LeCellier - they could not get the filet well done for my oldest dd - after it was sent back for the 3rd time, she gave up - we were all on dessert by then and my youngest dd's steak (was 5 then) was so peppery she couldn't eat it. I loved the mushroom filet and we will go back - just not on this trip.

Same thing at Ohana - 3 of the 6 of us was still hungry when we left. They stopped and got burgers on the way to the room that evening. My dh, myself and my youngest dd loved it but when we go to restaurants, there has to be something for everyone. Probably will not be going back.

ABC Commissary - only my oldest dd and my youngest dd ate here. My oldest dd took about 2 bites of her children sandwich and dropped it in the trash can. My youngest dd was only 1 and loved the lo mein - until she threw it up (granted she was just starting table foods and this was probably a bit much).

But the one restaurant in the area that we definitely will not return to is Medieval Times Dinner Theatre - the food was so greasy we were all sick later.
My oldest dd had been twice before when her school band went and she said she was sick each time.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #165
Shelly S
Mouseketeer

I don't really regret any of the restaurants, but over the years sometimes I have chosen the wrong item on the menu. I do not like any theme park counter service cheeseburger or pizza. I know going in that the burgers are always dry and tasteless and that pizza crust is not to my liking, but yet I always think it may be different. Each time I have tried one of these items, it is always a disappointment so now I just choose something else on the menu and am much happier.

Shelly S is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: