Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #31
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

1900 Park Fare (breakfast and dinner) although in the spirit of 'been there and done that' maybe I don't regret it just would never ever go back again - yucky food at both meals

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #32
coltsfanatic
"I'm the sweetest vegan you'll ever meet."

Location: 80 Miles from THE Ohio State University, but Florida real soon!

So I regret the Coral Reef because I was not able to actually eat here..we went here 11 years ago and (because we never checked menus back then), got seated at a beautiful table, but ended up ordering water and pops because it was too expensive. It needs to have cheaper options.
coltsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #33
book_junkie
DIS Veteran

My never agains:
Ohanas: had a bad experience for dinner in 2004, everything was extremely dry, the server was rude, and it was extremely hard to get any service, including the check, so we've never gone back even though everyone else we talk to seems to love it...

Chef Mickey's: We tried it with my parents in 2007 because my mom wanted a character experience. The tables were dirty, we got skipped on some of the characters due to the party rotation (never did figure that out), and both my husband and I got sick off the eggs...

My dessert only:
Coral Reef: we took all the negative reviews but wanted something in the shade for a break at Epcot, so we lucked into a mid afternoon reservation at Coral Reef. When the server found out we were only ordering dessert, he got a nasty attitude and made things very unpleasant. We had both had a wonderful dessert each (I had something chocolate, my husband had something similar to a fruit cobbler), and we talked to the manager on the way out.

Headache inducing....
Toy Story Pizza Planet: There's nothing really bad about the food (standard pizza in the world), it's just that for some reason the noise plus the lights have always given me a migraine that I cannot get rid of...

Past Trips: Nov-Dec 20130; May 2013 WDW; Oct-Nov 2012 WDW; Oct 2011 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct/Nov 2010 WDW; Oct 2010 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct 2009 WDW; June 2008 DL ; Nov 2007 WDW Clan Reunion; Nov 2004 WDW; June 1994 WDW Family Trip; March 1986 WDW Family Trip
book_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #34
Starlight792000
Earning My Ears

Marrakesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyyy View Post
Marakesh in Morroco. Just wasn't what we thought. It could have just been what we ordered, but the food was bland, mine looked green, and we were seated next to the door, far from the dancer. However the service was fast and friendly, and the desert was good. My DD liked the lemon chicken, but that was it.

CS mommy... is this on your list?
We love Marraskesh. Its my husbands must do restaurant at Disney. That said you really have to be up for the food. It is very ethnic and includes spices we might not use regularly at home. I love lamb so Marrakesh is great for that. It might be too big of a leap for a child, but on our last trip we took a 5 and 4 yearold there and they did fine with the food.
Next trip Oct 2008

Starlight792000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #35
francophone
Always hoping to go back to WDW/Orlando

CS: ABC Commissary. Never again, I'd rather starve than eat there.
TS: This one is tougher. I don't regret eating at CM but don't think we'll make it a priority to return there. Not for breakfast at any rate.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #36
Havana
DIS Veteran

Not sure I would go back to Les Chefs de France. The food was kind of boring. I've had better French Onion Soup at The Grand Floridian Cafe.

Havana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #37
mickey916
Mouseketeer

Pecos Bills (twice). The first time, a toddler threw up all over the floor at the table next to us. The parents hightailed it out of there and didn't let anyone know about the mess. We let a CM know and then watched as several CMs argued about whose job it was to pick up the mess. We switched tables to finish our meal...some poor CM woman finally drew the short straw and had to clean it up. The second time I wanted to go to Columbia Harbor House but our fastpass return window for Splash Mt. was coming up so we decided to give Pecos Bills another try (after all the odds of history repeating itself were pretty slim), this time the food was just bad. I split a cheeseburger and caesar salad with my son. The burger was dry, the bun was like sawdust and the caesar salad was just okay, nothing special. Thankfully though the "atmosphere" was better this time...Next time we'll definitely skip this one.
May 2006 - CBR
Apr. 16-25, 2010 - CSR
mickey916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #38
secretpantssam
DIS Veteran

Ours was 50s prime time. The food came out cold literally 5 minutes after ordering which means it was probably plated before we sat down. And we didn't get much interaction with our waitress, which I was looking forward to. I think it could be good, but we went on a bad night.

What would Mickey do?
secretpantssam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #39
2manydaves
Mouseketeer

Yakitori House sushi was awful. Pre-packaged, bland, overpriced. Yuck.

I also thought Hollywood & Vine was dirty, but that was mostly because too many people let their kids to go the buffet unattended, and they spilled stuff everywhere. The food was tolerable.
2manydaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #40
BLTLDZ
Loving our DVC :)

Hmm....Not sure if "regret" is the right word, but we did definitely NOT enjoy Coral Reef in 2007...found everything to be bland and tastless, as well as overrated.

We were contemplating going back last trip, but the still mostly negative reviews kept me away..

Oh, and Chef Mickeys..As a PP stated, the place was filthy, and the food not good at all. (in our opinion).

We also found Jiko to be very overrated the second time around...

And Columbia Harbour house...very "blah".
Old 06-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #41
Starlight792000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfanatic View Post
So I regret the Coral Reef because I was not able to actually eat here..we went here 11 years ago and (because we never checked menus back then), got seated at a beautiful table, but ended up ordering water and pops because it was too expensive. It needs to have cheaper options.
I bet people were cursing you under their breathe. A beautiful table and ordering water. A horrid experience for all. Maybe next time you could afford it and it would be a good memory replacement.
Next trip Oct 2008

Starlight792000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #42
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Despite the occasional disappointing meal and one or two I won't rush back to, I can't say I regret eating anywhere. If I hadn't tried them I would never have known.

I was less than impressed with the Golden Oak Outpost (do I recall the name correctly?) and the other was Liberty Inn.

Other than that we have never had awful experiences with onsite dining at all. The occasional time where something has gone wrong, yes, but that won't stop me going back and giving it another try. The above two I mentioned I really didn't enjoy the food and ordered items from the menu that I know I really enjoy. That was a hint to me that I could do better elsewhere

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #43
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

of all places it was Narcossees. filet was not well cooked even when returned and lobster was very chewy and this is coming from someone who never fusses over food. The second close was H&V lunch but breakfast was good.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #44
MsLeFever
WPASADI II Co-Winner
Wants to be the #1 WPASADI!
Won't beg for a tag but will rewrite disco songs!
Eating chocolate is a good cure for anything and everything!

Well crap - I see Coral Reef mentioned numeous times....maybe I'll reconsider our ADR there....
Old 06-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #45
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLeFever View Post
Well crap - I see Coral Reef mentioned numeous times....maybe I'll reconsider our ADR there....
You may not want to jump on the "cancelling train" just yet.

Out of 5 TS meals last November, Coral Reef was our favorite, by far. We had the sweetest waitress, I wish I could remember her name. I had some roasted pork dish that I loved more than anything else I ate all trip. My hubby had the steak, said it was perfectly cooked, and the mashed potatoes was the best he's ever eaten. Somehow they cooked asparagus so nicely, my SUPER picky stepson gobbled them up, when before he wouldnt even consider them. So there's another take on Coral Reef for ya.

PS. If you go, GET THE CHOCOLATE WAVE.. OMG...
November 2008 - Caribbean Beach
November 2010 - Caribbean Beach
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Halloween 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 - First Deluxe Stay - Beach Club!
NOLAdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: