Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #16
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

I don't know if I would say I regret eating at any restaurants. I'm glad I got the chance to form my own opinions of restaurants. However, the ones we won't be going back to are:

Crystal Palace (dinner)- The service was pretty bad the last few times (had trouble getting drink refills or clearing off plates, which is basically all they have to do). The characters skipped whole sections of the restaurant. The food was tateless and bland and several of the "hot dishes" were pretty cold.

'Ohana- Some of the worst service we have had anywhere. On our last trip our waiter was awful, I saw him spending more time standing around then would come to the table and tell us how busy he was, forgot to bring things out to our table. The meats were dry, overcooked and tasteless, the appitizers and sides tasted like something out of the freezer section of a super market. We gave it a few chances and it kept getting worse.

Coral Reef- A shell of it's former self, so to speak. The menu and execution of the menu has gone way downhill from what it was when I was a kid. Hated sitting next to the aquarium. A bunch of kids were basically hanging over our table while we were trying to eat, often yelling back to thier parents/siblings. It was very intrusive and basically destroyed our last visit there.

We also did not like Le Cellier. It was maybe a small step above a chain steakhouse like Outback (which I don't like). However, we have not been there since it became signature, so I can't comment too much on how it is now. But, we are not in a rush to try it.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #17
DisneyEater
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCollette View Post
And why?

for us Hollywood and Vine (nuff said)
Agree with Hollywood and Vine (twice ) I would also add Ohana. All the meat seemed so overcooked, although I guess the dessert made it worth while.
DisneyEater is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #18
Ramsfan28

Mouseketeer

'Ohana - I wouldn't eat there if the food was free.

Ramsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #19
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

CRT Breakfast.
My daughter, while the "right age", simply wasn't into the whole princess thing as much as most 5 year old girls are, so it was no big deal for her. And for me, it was a culinary disaster. When I think about all the time I wasted memorizing the dial-in prompts on the phone to get through to the CM as fast as possible, and getting up early to prepare to dial, and how early we had to get up to make our reservation in return for a horrid meal, it has to be my biggest (and possibly only) regret.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #20
AllieV
DIS Veteran

The Luau. It was expensive, the monorail got stuck for 35 minutes getting there, the food choices were bad and we barely ate, and the show was so-so. Oh, and the seating was uncomfortable.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #21
prnces1214
Princess at Heart <3

I would def have to agree with Coral Reef! That was one i had always wanted to eat at and was sooo disappointed!

Also, Ohana for breakfast is very good but every time we have been there the service is so slow....so thats been officially crossed off the list.
2003 - AS Sports for my Grad Trip
04, 05, 08 - POP Century
2009-2010 Day trips to the World
prnces1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #22
vicb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmommy View Post
Oh goodness, this is going to be like watching a train wreck happen, you can't help but watch! What if one of the restaurants I booked ADR's shows up, do I switch? So I will just have to stand by & hope none of the restaurants I have chosen from our upcomning trip shows up.
Bring on the trains! I'm pretty sure just about every restaurant will show up on this list.

Sometimes I think where you are seated in a restaurant can make a major difference in how you view the food, especially at a place like Marakkesh where you want to see the belly dancer, or coral reef where you want to see the tanks.

So our least favs and ones we won't give a second chance to are:

Tony's Town Square = bad table, bad service, bad food

Chef Mickey's = bad table location, not into buffets that much and it just didn't live up to the hype for us, not sure we regret going but won't be going back

Hollywood and Vine = didn't care for the food and atmosphere, did it as a Fantasmic dinner pkg.

ESPN = got food poisoning, enough said about that!
vicb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #23
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

CRT and CM's- most overrated Terrible food at both and CM's was filthy.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #24
whacked
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyyy View Post
Marakesh in Morroco. Just wasn't what we thought. It could have just been what we ordered, but the food was bland, mine looked green, and we were seated next to the door, far from the dancer. However the service was fast and friendly, and the desert was good. My DD liked the lemon chicken, but that was it.
I would agree with the above, bland and not particularly authentic, although our experience was a number of years back. We booked it at the last minute for Candlelight Processional tickets for my mother in law. (She loved the CP by the way).

As someone who live in a good restaurant city (Portland Oregon) I would not bother with Nine Dragons either. I would just end up comparing it to local stuff that was better and MUCH less expensive.

I'll throw in some positives. I thought Cali Grill was worth the two credits, and we LOVED Boma. We thought Boma was the best buffet on property.

Just get to the parks early!

whacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #25
vanyel
Mouseketeer
I like to escape in the occasional "bodice ripper"!
I don't think I want to be my tree

I haven't been to any restaurants in wdw that I would refuse to eat at but I don't have any desire to return to:

Coral Reef - overpriced and overrated
Sci-Fi Drive-in - fun once or twice but nothing special
Nine-Dragons - no different than the Chinese restaurants at home
San Angel - loved the atmosphere but the food was average

Interesting that these are mostly in Epcot?
vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #26
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

For me the only place I can truly say I regret eating at was ABC Commissary. It was the most absolutely miserable, pathetic, and horrendous dining experience I have ever had in my life where I exchanged a legal currency in order to eat it. The cuban sandwich (thankful now off the menu) was horrible, and the burgers were not much better.

I also was very dissapointed in Le Cellier, but wouldn't say I regret going there. I just made the mistake of believing all the hype that this was going to be some incredible out of body experience that would be such a euphoric moment in my life. It turned out to be a slightly better than average steak much along the quality and likes of an Outback.

What makes Le Cellier a lasting memory of disappointment though was where we were seated. Right next to the entrance to the restrooms and between the server station for credit cards and the other server station for silverware. Constant sound of flushing, clanking of silverware, and servers complaining about tips and guests and thinking they were out of ears way was not a great experience. The worst though was the manager, when asked politely if we could seat elsewhere was told, "there is no where else, you will need to sit here or make another dining choice elsewhere".

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #27
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

I don't regret dining at any of them. Food is something too trivial to have regret over. However, there are restaurants I do not care for that I would never visit again.

For example:
Hollywood and Vine
Chef Mickey's
Coral Reef
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #28
magicalcouple
Mouseketeer

La Hacienda de San Angel... the margarita was superb but my meal and appetizer were not so terrific..... Maybe it was just a bad night? All places can have that, I suppose! Also, the Yakitori House is not on my "to do"list again....
Old 06-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #29
GC&S
DIS Veteran

OHana - tried it for breakfast and dinner. Horrible hostess each time - we waited over an hour past our ADR only to be told that smaller parties were seated last. Then when we finally got in, horrible service. Food was ok but nothing worth waiting an hour with a small child while we watched everyone else get seated who walked up to the podium even without ADRs. First time my DH ever asked to talk to a manager and he was at total waste (the manager, not my DH).

Hollywood & Vine - so gross. Bad food, dirty restaurant.

ABC Commissary - oh, so bad. Not much more to say.
GC&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #30
Legendofthehawk
Mouseketeer

There is only one restaurant that we really regretted in the two years we've been, and that was Captain Jacks in DTD last time around.

First year we went, it was great. Second time we returned, it was completely awful. No one got beyond the first bite of their meal before turning away from it in disgust, and that was saying something since my husband and kids were starving!!

On a lesser note, the other place that we likely will not return to is CP (breakfast). It was pretty expensive for a selection that was really bland (just in my opinion!) and most of the character did a tag drive by, but one who was super sweet.

2011- Poly!! 2009- SSR Villas 2007- CBR
Legendofthehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: