Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #2206
disneyfan67

Diehard Cowboy fan

I'm looking forward to my trip in August and wonder what view the dvc 1 bedroom villa I booked, will have. I have been trying to figure out from the map the location where I will be at, so that way I know what I'm in for walking wise, location to pool, etc.
disneyfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #2207
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindley9 View Post
We're potentially going in July for a conference at GCH. We might be bringing 2 of our nieces, so we would have me, DW, DN18, DN17, DD5, and DS0. DS will be 8 months for the trip. DD likes to say his age is 0.

Anyway, given that crew, could we get away with a single standard room? I would expect the sleeping arrangement to be the nieces in 1 queen bed, me, DW, and DD in the other bed and DS in a pack-n-play.

Thanks!
I don't believe they will allow 6 people in a room, even if one is an infant, due to fire codes. You would probably have to book the 1br parlor suite for that many people.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #2208
evedein
Mouseketeer

WOC view from GC villas?

Does anyone know if you can see WOC from the Villas at the Grand Californian? If so, what rooms should we request? We've booked a one bedroom.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #2209
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

You can see the show from many rooms, but you will not be able to see the projections well at all, for the most part. The same goes for the viewing area on the 6th floor, but still a nice experience. I'd say see the show from DCA for sure, then just request a PP view to watch it in a more mellow way on other nights. BTW..the show music is on the tvs in the room and is also piped in at the viewing platfrom.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #2210
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan67 View Post
I'm looking forward to my trip in August and wonder what view the dvc 1 bedroom villa I booked, will have. I have been trying to figure out from the map the location where I will be at, so that way I know what I'm in for walking wise, location to pool, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evedein View Post
Does anyone know if you can see WOC from the Villas at the Grand Californian? If so, what rooms should we request? We've booked a one bedroom.
Both of you should visit this thread:
The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

A quick review of the 1-bedroom villas:
5 villas are on the ground floor with a patio rather than a balcony.
10 villas face paradise pier with a view of WOC, higher floors are better.
4 villas face the Redwood Creek Trail.
4 villas face the pool.

Pool access is very good from the villas, since the elevators are close to a pool entrance and the area is not busy.
Nonsuch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #2211
momtoatink
Earning My Ears

Hi,

Quick Question....

Has anyone taken the "How to Draw Mickey Mouse" class at the GC? I am trying to determine if this class would be good for my 6 year old, but I don't know what to expect.

We are also signed up for the Build A Bear class through GC....anyone gone to that? I am trying to get a feel for what you get.

Thanks.

DH

DD
momtoatink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #2212
happymomof1
DIS Veteran

With the weather lately in the 70's, how busy has the pool area been? Just wondering if we can count on swimming sometime soon, or if it's just too chilly and deserted. Thanks!
happymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #2213
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan67 View Post
Maybe I am reading this wrong but don't you need a room number to accomplish this?

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #2214
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseflyfisher View Post
I don't believe they will allow 6 people in a room, even if one is an infant, due to fire codes. You would probably have to book the 1br parlor suite for that many people.
You are totally correct, max 5 no matter what age. If some says different, get it in writing.

Jack
Old 06-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #2215
IUTBAM
DIS Veteran

Safes at the GCH

Can someone tell me if the safes in the rooms at the GCH are large enough to store a 15" laptop? I'm not sure what to do with our laptop during the day while we are at the parks if it's not. I guess I could leave it with the front desk every day....?
IUTBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #2216
BunnieGene
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUTBAM View Post
Can someone tell me if the safes in the rooms at the GCH are large enough to store a 15" laptop? I'm not sure what to do with our laptop during the day while we are at the parks if it's not. I guess I could leave it with the front desk every day....?
It's just a small inwall safe...I think an iPad might fit in it, but not a laptop.

BunnieGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #2217
blackjackdelta

Quote:
I leave my laptop either in its case in the closet or justleave it sitting on the table and yet to have a problem at the GCH. Just my experience.

Jack
Old 06-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #2218
helenb
Wishing for the World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoatink View Post
Hi,
Has anyone taken the "How to Draw Mickey Mouse" class at the GC? I am trying to determine if this class would be good for my 6 year old, but I don't know what to expect.
I haven't done this at GCH, but I did it on the Disney Cruise Line. There weren't many people in the class, but it still felt rushed. The adults were going faster than the kids, and the CM had a hard time dealing with the different paces. She had also just memorized some basic instructions and wasn't really able to help when people had problems. I wasn't impressed at all.

However the class at the GCH might be better. You have to pay extra for it, right? That means they would (hopefully) have someone good teaching it, otherwise they'd get complaints and asking for refunds. But dont expect to leave and be able to draw Mickey Mouse. You'll just get a series of about 20 'step by step' instructions that you do together as a group. You probably won't remember them all when you're done.
helenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #2219
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can someone tell me if the safes in the rooms at the GCH are large enough to store a 15" laptop?
The hotel safes are key operated, and too small for a 15" laptop.
The VGC are the electronic combination type, and will hold a 15" macbook.
The 200 hotels rooms added during the VGC expansion might also be larger (only my guess).
Nonsuch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #2220
momtoatink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenb View Post
I haven't done this at GCH, but I did it on the Disney Cruise Line. There weren't many people in the class, but it still felt rushed. The adults were going faster than the kids, and the CM had a hard time dealing with the different paces. She had also just memorized some basic instructions and wasn't really able to help when people had problems. I wasn't impressed at all.

However the class at the GCH might be better. You have to pay extra for it, right? That means they would (hopefully) have someone good teaching it, otherwise they'd get complaints and asking for refunds. But dont expect to leave and be able to draw Mickey Mouse. You'll just get a series of about 20 'step by step' instructions that you do together as a group. You probably won't remember them all when you're done.
It is a free class so we might just skip it. Thank you for your thoughts.

DH

DD
momtoatink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: