Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2011, 06:37 AM   #1366
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Citricos is my overall favorite restaurant in Disney. LOVE it.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 AM   #1367
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

luvmarypoppins - glad you had a great trip! We are leaving next Tuesday and I can't wait! We are staying at AKV but having dinner one night in the Grand Floridian, I'm excited to see it. Thanks for the food advice. I think I'm making it worse than it will really be. I'm just enjoying eating normally and not looking forward to being on the diet at all and most especially on my friend's wedding day. But it's a small sacrifice for my health.

1Grumpy9 - I didn't even realize there was a calcium shot. I take the calcitriol plus 1500 calcium every day. The calcium is annoying since it cannot be taken with other meds and I tend to forget it, but I'm making an effort to be better with it.
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village

~Our Disney Family~
dischick4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #1368
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

From what my endo told me the calcium shot is mainly for sever osteoporosis patients and hasn't been approved for more than a 2 year use. She told me that the only way she would give it to me is if it was my last two years of life.

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #1369
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Well if you all dont have anything better to do with your time, you can go on over to the Breast Cancer Thread on the Community Board on pages 200 and 201 you can see some pictures of me. You will figure out which one is me by the lovely neck dissection. Oh and to you young ones, I am old enough to be your mom.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:23 PM   #1370
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Just got a letter from my health plan that thyrogen is moving up to 'tier 4' which is the lowest level of coverage. They suggest I talk to my doctor about switching to an alternate drug. Isn't that nice of them?
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:39 PM   #1371
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

Just an update on the wedding food situation, I called the catering hall and the chef got on the phone and asked me to send him the thyca cookbook. He said he would make sure he had a meal for me on the diet. There are some wonderful people in this world.
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village

~Our Disney Family~
Old 06-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #1372
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Just got a letter from my health plan that thyrogen is moving up to 'tier 4' which is the lowest level of coverage. They suggest I talk to my doctor about switching to an alternate drug. Isn't that nice of them?
Wow, that really stinks! So would you go the cytomel route again. I dont know how much each shot is, but I heard one of the onc. nurses tell me once, wow, this stuff is really expensive!

Is it something like $600?

Can your dr. appeal for you? So I am guesssing this change will take place before you're scheduled to get it?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #1373
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by dischick4778 View Post
Just an update on the wedding food situation, I called the catering hall and the chef got on the phone and asked me to send him the thyca cookbook. He said he would make sure he had a meal for me on the diet. There are some wonderful people in this world.
wow, that is really sweet. I think my biggest concern would be any cross contamination with the prep and people handling salt. It sounds like they are really being accomodating to you which is so nice for sure!

I would also verify the final meal with them etc. and ask them about the prep procedures, like a seperate area etc.

I hope you have a great trip!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #1374
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
wow, that is really sweet. I think my biggest concern would be any cross contamination with the prep and people handling salt. It sounds like they are really being accomodating to you which is so nice for sure!

I would also verify the final meal with them etc. and ask them about the prep procedures, like a seperate area etc.

I hope you have a great trip!
After my initial excitement, I did get a little nervous. But it would be nice not to have to bring my own food to a wedding. We will see, I will be sure to call and confirm and might bring something as a just in case.

I am so excited for our trip and am going to enjoy every meal knowing that when we return I start the diet.

~Our Disney Family~
Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #1375
mrsklamc

Quote:
Wow, that really stinks! So would you go the cytomel route again. I dont know how much each shot is, but I heard one of the onc. nurses tell me once, wow, this stuff is really expensive!

Is it something like $600?

Can your dr. appeal for you? So I am guesssing this change will take place before you're scheduled to get it?
Last time my doctor mentioned $900 but the insurance ended up covering it for a $60 co pay. The change is scheduled to happen just before I need it so I contacted my dr's assistant and asked if we could order it in advance. (we ordered in Dec. for my Jan. test. She said she can....IF it's available.

Oh well. Que sera, sera!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #1376
mrsklamc

Quote:
Wow, that really stinks! So would you go the cytomel route again.?
Forgot to answer this part. Depends on how expensive it gets as I'm sure health care costs will continue to climb. Right now, for $600-$900 we'd probably just pay it. I mean, how do they expect me to put a price on essentially two weeks of my life?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #1377
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Micayla, are you doing the diet again too? Well if you are paying for the thyrogen, do you think they will give it to you at cost? I would seriously ask about that for sure. I dont know how much they mark the stuff up etc.

I am getting nervous about the testing. I always do this anyway. O.K. I admit it, In 2 days I ate an entire leftover chocolate bunny that ds21 said he did not want from easter.

Also, and christine, what is your opinion on this? In July I have to go for a sono and more blood tests. I know I am now on a 6 month schedule for that with the endo but it seems like its too close to the tests I will have just had. I know my onc. said after this test, she will only look at what the endo orders I think? So I am wondering if a 6 month blood testing and sono schedule seems like "enough" with my agressive variant?

My endo did make the comment, well since yours is agressive, thats why you are on the 6th month schedule, so after 2 years out, normally is everyone on a 1 year schedule etc?
Old 06-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #1378
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Quote:
Micayla, are you doing the diet again too? Well if you are paying for the thyrogen, do you think they will give it to you at cost? I would seriously ask about that for sure. I dont know how much they mark the stuff up etc.

I am getting nervous about the testing. I always do this anyway. O.K. I admit it, In 2 days I ate an entire leftover chocolate bunny that ds21 said he did not want from easter.

Also, and christine, what is your opinion on this? In July I have to go for a sono and more blood tests. I know I am now on a 6 month schedule for that with the endo but it seems like its too close to the tests I will have just had. I know my onc. said after this test, she will only look at what the endo orders I think? So I am wondering if a 6 month blood testing and sono schedule seems like "enough" with my agressive variant?

My endo did make the comment, well since yours is agressive, thats why you are on the 6th month schedule, so after 2 years out, normally is everyone on a 1 year schedule etc?

I think a 6-month schedule is good. Essentially they are keeping you on the schedule that the newly diagnosed are on. There's probably not much point in doing it more so. I guess you are wondering why it's not more spaced out? Maybe you could work on that. Like having the sono/blood tests exactly 3 months after the other tests, and then the other tests 3 months after that?

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #1379
mrsklamc

I may be missing something but I think this would be an interesting diet recipe:
http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-...avocado-pasta/
Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #1380
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Micayla - I think dischick is going to love this recipe since she loves avocado and pasta.

Well in 2 more days its thyrogen for me. I always get nervous and then since I actually have to go into the hosp to get it, its even worse because it just reminds me of all my surgical "experiences", coma etc. I am sure my dh will be asking if we can go eat lunch in the cafeteria.

I hope the nausea and headaches arent too bad. I already told dh I am not cooking those 2 days. He is flying in tomm. night from China, sleeping his jet lag off and then taking me thurs. morning.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: