Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #1786
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmom30 View Post
Hi! I've been lurking through your trip report and have really been enjoying it! I can't wait to hear about the "Park that must not be named."

thanks for delurking, we were pretty excited to be heading to the park that must not be named too!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #1787
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

A sigh and a bye

Sigh. It always comes doesnt it. The time you have to pack up to leave Disney. Today was odd for me. Usually I am so depressed as we are leaving Disney and going home. This time however, we were leaving Disney, but we werent going home. Id originally had our trip switched, so it was the dark side first and then Disney. We ended up flipping it and getting better pricing on the dark side as a result thanks to a lovely PIN code (Which on a total side note, Ive not received ONE for WDW since the trip, lots for DL. Very annoying). Anyway, looking back, Im glad for the flip. It really made the last Disney morning SO much less painful!

We had 9:10 breakfast reservations at Cape May. A character breakfast seemed the perfect way to end our time at Disney. With checkout at 11 the plan was bags either at bell services prior to breakfast, or ready to roll out the door right after. We would then, theoretically have an hour or so to stroll, pick up last minute items etc before our town car arrived. Jeff had tentatively planned to go fly that day and we had a rental car on standby for him, if it panned out. It was transition day so there would be no park. The thought was to get over to the Hard Rock and hang by the pool all day, then hit Margaritaville for dinner. We were all looking forward to a lazy resort day and dinner at one of our (Jeff and Is) favorite spots (kids had never been and wed never been to this one). Packing was a breeze thanks to the loads of laundry Sandie had done the day before and outside of the fact that Kendall couldnt find the shorts she wanted, nor Eric the shirt, soon, we were walking towards the BC lobby. I love the hallway getting there.

Soon we were checked in and waiting in the BC lobby.

While Id walked through the BC lobby a ton over the last 5 days, I hadnt been there during peak Cape May breakfast time. MAN was there a lot of little kids! After the serenity of the YC it was, to be honest, a little jarring. Not in a bad way, just a huge difference in vibe.

After a short wait, we were walking in and checking it out, our table was here, right behind the umbrellas!

Checking out the buffet and the details

I love the carpet

Soon we had our food and the characters were making the rounds

Its kind of funny, we did see all of the characters but for some reason, Goofy stole all the photo ops!

I think the CM at Cape May was our FAVORITE of the trip. An older woman who just loved loved loved her job, she was so much fun. Not that there is much do so as a buffet CM but still, she made for a lovely last morning and a perfect send off.

Bellies full, we came up with a plan.

Our room was packed so wed grab our stuff, get it to bell services and then so wed head over to the bakery for a last stroll land pick up some lunches to go and use up our last snack and CS credits. Sandie, Paul and Taylor would finish up their room (though they werent quite done packing) and make their own trek to the bakery for the same thing. Between the 8 of us we had 10 CS credits to burn.

Meanwhile, Jeff was playing phone tag with the seaplane folks and Taylor wanted to hit a skate park so Jeff spent most of that last hour on the phone, trying to figure things out. The skate park thing annoyed me slightly. Tay had mentioned months ago that was the one thing he wanted to do in FL. So Id found a place andhed kind of dissed it. It required helmets etc and he wasnt feeling it. So..whatever. But apparently it was better than not skating at all. Originally, if Jeff was going to fly, hed get the rental car, drop Tay off on the way to the seaplane base and pick up on the way back. Now that the seaplane company was not returning calls and nothing was really solid (nothing like waiting till the day of to call them to finalize details but it was his deal and I was staying out of it lol) it made the how of getting Tay to the skate park much more difficult.

Continued in next post

Last edited by eandesmom; 05-30-2011 at 03:43 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #1788
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

While Jeff handled logistics, I took a few last pictures.

Bye bye storm along bay

By bye health club that I never went to (though did on the girls trip so can give a report if anyone wants info on it)

Bye bye salon I never went to

A few last minute room pictures, love the detailing

Shower curtain

Bedspread dcor

Adorable lamp

Our tea roses

Bye bye room view and balcony

Bye bye squirrel and topiary

Bye bye beach club

Bye bye boardwalk

Bye bye private entrance

Continued in next post

Old 05-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #1789
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Bye bye yacht club

Hello lunch!

And with that, my Disney pictures are at an end.

We picked up a load of food and headed back to meet our town car. Sandie and Paul did the same thing, we must have just missed them.
Literally as we walked out to the front we saw a van that had my name on it. It felt very rockstar to be sure. Even more clampett like than before we got all our stuff loaded in. It was a riot. Between the skateboard on the back of T’s backpack, the 3 bags of food, the shopping bags holding our mugs and such, the carry ons that had our suits in case our rooms weren’t ready, we had a CRAZY amount of stuff.

With that, we were off! To the Hard Rock Hotel! Would our rooms be ready? Would Jeff get to fly, Taylor skate? Would we get to go the pool or be thwarted by lightning? At that moment, I didn't really care, it would all work out and be fabulous, I was sure of it.

We were off to the unknown and I have to tell you, darn excited about it!

up next, Bad mama

Last edited by eandesmom; 06-25-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #1790
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Somehow I did not realize/remember that you had this "bonus" portion to your trip so I am looking forward to hearing about "the dark side."

Your goodbyes have me thinking of the book Goodnight, Moon. Loved that book. But hate saying goodbye to my beloved Beach Club and Boardwalk area.

Cape May looks fun. With all my stays I still haven't done a character breakfast there. The characters look so cute with their beach outfits. Oh well, there's always next time!

Old 05-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #1791
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, what a great way to end your Disney stay with breakfast at Cape May (it is our second favorite character breakfast); I think we had our best CM there ever as well -- they just seem to LOVE their job.

Your pictures of the details of the Beach Club (I really want to stay there), the Boardwalk and Yacht Club are great.

Can't wait to see if Jeff flies, Taylor skates and you guys get pool time at Hard Rock.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #1792
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Awesome ending to your Disney vacation !!!Are we gonna find out about The Dark Side ??? I am planning a Free Trip there next year
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #1793
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Great last morning!

Cant wait to hear about the dark side!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #1794
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Such a fantastic ending to a Disney vacation!
I agree that the vibe at the BC is totally different than the YC. But both are so wonderful.
Can't wait for the Dark Side portion of your tr!

Old 05-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #1795
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Katharina and I will end our Disney vacation with a breakfast at Cape May as well. Sounds like a wonderful plan and I hope we will get the same CM you had, she sounds wonderful!

And I am nearly as excited about reading about Universal as you were going there. The Hard Rock Hotel sounds like a wonderful place and I am looking forward to read your opinion!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 05-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #1796
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Well I for one think your Disney leg of the trip was great! I loved the hip hop from one resort (wilderness) to Yacht Club... I think that is a great combo, and then like you said to keep going by way of the big bad US, well, that certainly kept your vacation mojo going, I agree!!! I have to decide what order we are doing things, too... mostly b/c we are doing one leg with my parents, and one just us -- But I think we will be staying on property at Disney the whole time... not sure what that is going to look like quite yet, which is WHY I am so excited to keep reading YOUR TR!!!!!

Great photos, btw.... It is nice not to be completely bummed by the departure. I agree!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #1797
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Great ending to your Disney part of the vacation. You have some wonderful pictures of the resort, espeically of SAB. It's nice you got you use all of your credits on food for the road.

I was laughing as I pictured you loading up your ride. I always say that with the mountain of baby stuff we used to need for Dylan, I felt like a very un-organized traveling circus. Your rock star vs. Clampetts comparison was awesome.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #1799
MEK
DIS Veteran

You got some great pictures on your last day. I especially like the first one that says, "Bye Bye SAB" (I am just to lazy to cut and paste it).

I feel sad to see your YC time come to an end. The YC quiet pool does look nice.

I can't believe you had that many credits left on the dining plan. Wowsa - they must have been some very full lunch bags. I love CMC breakfast, too. The characters are some of my favorite because of their festive attire.

So, I am a tad curious to see what's gonna happen with the sea plane and the skate park. Bring on the Hard Rock! I love the guitar theme there. It's perfect.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #1800
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I'm very excited for your last meal on property- how nice that you were sent off with such a great CM; the fact that they LOVE their job always seems apparent within, ohhh... the first 20 seconds.

Hmmmm? Will they fly and skate---- looking forward to that!

Lovely exit photo-montage. Lots to say good-bye to this time around.

HA! I love your description of loading up like the Clampetts. LOL! That must have been so funny with your plethora of stuffs.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: