Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #1486
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
Just wanted to drop in and say we arrived back home from CR CL tonight (stayed from 5/15-5/21). We are now thoroughly spoiled for anywhere else. Everything about the CL experience was amazing, from being met at the door to our car when we arrived, to the friendly and hard-working concierges. It was all just so much better than I'd expected (or hoped).

I'd be glad to answer any questions, if y'all have any.
Welcome back. Glad you had a wonderful time and congratulations on getting upgraded and spoiled.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 05-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #1487
Anonomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
What a great stay at the Atrium Club you had! (Or were you on the Tower Club floor?)

Which side of the Tower were you on and did you get a bounceback offer in your room?
We were in the atrium club, theme park view. There wasn't a bounce back offer.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #1488
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
Just wanted to drop in and say we arrived back home from CR CL tonight (stayed from 5/15-5/21). We are now thoroughly spoiled for anywhere else. Everything about the CL experience was amazing, from being met at the door to our car when we arrived, to the friendly and hard-working concierges. It was all just so much better than I'd expected (or hoped).

I'd be glad to answer any questions, if y'all have any.
It's great to read that you enjoyed staying there.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #1489
TikiGoddess07
Mouseketeer

A question for everyone -- I apologize if it's been asked before...

About a month ago, I booked our July 23-27 stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge level. It was booked by my online travel agent. We have not heard anything from the Itinerary Planning people yet. When we stayed at WL concierge last time, they got in touch with us before 180 days out.

I don't need to make any reservations (I'll do those myself) but would like to give info to the IP folks on when we are arriving etc. Should I just email them, introduce myself, and explain the predicament?

Kathy
Old 05-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #1490
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiGoddess07 View Post

About a month ago, I booked our July 23-27 stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge level. It was booked by my online travel agent. We have not heard anything from the Itinerary Planning people yet. When we stayed at WL concierge last time, they got in touch with us before 180 days out.

I don't need to make any reservations (I'll do those myself) but would like to give info to the IP folks on when we are arriving etc. Should I just email them, introduce myself, and explain the predicament?

Kathy
yes, email them with all of your info and the reservation number. The will reply shortly.

Congratulations on your trip and the AKL CL is wonderful.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 05-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #1491
TxMickeyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Kathy
Have a great time! We fell in love with AKL CL on our Oct trip, and Don from IPO was great!!

WDW
Sept. 2007 WL ~ April 2008 CSR ~ Nov. 2009 Poly ~ Sept/Oct. 2010 AKL CL / Poly CL ~ Nov 2010 Pop ~ May 2012 Pop

DLR
Sept. 2011 DLH

DCL
Sept. 2013 Wonder
Old 05-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #1492
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxMickeyLover View Post
Have a great time! We fell in love with AKL CL on our Oct trip, and Don from IPO was great!!
Agree Don is great, always there to help.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 05-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #1493
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Kathy
Definitely contact them. The IPO office at AKL is the best, and especially Don. I was told that they do not always receive the contact information for their guests (especially if you book through at TA) -- they will be happy to assist you if you call or email them. Enjoy -- the CL lounge at the AKL is wonderful, and so is the Sunrise Safari if you get the chance to take it.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #1494
britfish
DIS Veteran

We received an email from our IPO at about 180 days. A few of the things we requested couldn't be booked until the 90 day mark. They assured me they would keep the requests and do that for us when it was avaialble to book. Will they send me a confirmation when they do that ? We are at 87 days and I haven't heard anything!
Old 05-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #1495
nala1128
Huge Disney Fan!

IPO and ADR for Wishes Dessert party

We are staying Poly CL in the end of August.. I had asked the IPO to keep checking for the Wishes Dessert Party for any of the dates that we will be there. Online the calendar for August is greyed out for that event, but if you manually enter the specific date it comes up. Since you have to input your Credit card and pay for the ressie, I called IPO before finalizing online... they checked again for me and said it was still not available!! I asked them to remove that request and explained how I just booked it online. I proceeded to give her my confirmation number to add to our itinerary!!! Very surprised that I could get it myself by a "back door" in the system and IPO couldn't!!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #1496
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nala1128 View Post
We are staying Poly CL in the end of August.. I had asked the IPO to keep checking for the Wishes Dessert Party for any of the dates that we will be there. Online the calendar for August is greyed out for that event, but if you manually enter the specific date it comes up. Since you have to input your Credit card and pay for the ressie, I called IPO before finalizing online... they checked again for me and said it was still not available!! I asked them to remove that request and explained how I just booked it online. I proceeded to give her my confirmation number to add to our itinerary!!! Very surprised that I could get it myself by a "back door" in the system and IPO couldn't!!
Thanks for posting this. We're staying CR CL at the end of August and I've been waiting for the dates to open up for the dessert party too. I'll have to give it a try!

Update: I couldn't get it to work. I guess I'll have to wait.

Last edited by Lisa S.; 05-28-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: updating
Old 05-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #1497
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
Re

Old 05-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #1498
nala1128
Huge Disney Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa S. View Post
Thanks for posting this. We're staying CR CL at the end of August and I've been waiting for the dates to open up for the dessert party too. I'll have to give it a try!

Update: I couldn't get it to work. I guess I'll have to wait.
Lisa.. when you get to the dining section on the WDW site, manually enter the date you want. By default it should say todays date. Make sure you enter it with any zeros... for example 08/27/2011. If you dont put the zero in front of the 8, it wont work. There is a thread on here under restaurants..it has worked for a bunch of people already!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post41278715

Hope it works for you!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #1499
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nala1128 View Post
Lisa.. when you get to the dining section on the WDW site, manually enter the date you want. By default it should say todays date. Make sure you enter it with any zeros... for example 08/27/2011. If you dont put the zero in front of the 8, it wont work. There is a thread on here under restaurants..it has worked for a bunch of people already!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post41278715

Hope it works for you!
Thanks - I'll give it a try - I wasn't using the zero. . .

Update: IT WORKED!! Thank you so much for the tip, Robin!

Last edited by Lisa S.; 05-28-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #1500
nala1128
Huge Disney Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa S. View Post
Thanks - I'll give it a try - I wasn't using the zero. . .

Update: IT WORKED!! Thank you so much for the tip, Robin!
So glad to hear it!!! Enjoy your trip!!

Looks like we will be there around the same time!!!! We are doing the dessert party 8/25!!

Last edited by nala1128; 05-29-2011 at 07:13 AM. Reason: adding to note
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: