Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 01:56 AM   #826
JH87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I'm about to leave shortly to my grandmothers house in Livingston and about to make another announcement. Instead of coming home late on Sunday night, I will be staying at BWPPI for one more night on Monday. So it will be a 4 day visit to DL.
I live like 10-15 mins from Livingston!
Yay for extra days in DLR!

JH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #827
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Got here safely and in the park.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #828
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

YEAH! Hope the weather is great and you have a wonderful adventure.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #829
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
YEAH! Hope the weather is great and you have a wonderful adventure.
I am in line for ST2. The weather is nicr.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Old 05-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #830
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Good to hear from you. Can't wait to hear more as the weekend goes on.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #831
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Glad to hear you made it safely. I hope you have a blast!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #832
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
I am in line for ST2. The weather is nicr.
Don't forget to to peek at LM every now and then in case it soft opens again.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #833
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

TY everyone for following my TR. When I get back to my room this afternoon, I will post the pics and tell u my adventures for the first part of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Don't forget to to peek at LM every now and then in case it soft opens again.
I am just waiting at the front entrance of TLM ride for the soft opening. When I got to the park at 930 and wait at the rope drop, some cms said that is is possible that they will open TLM ride. It has almost been two hours and still not open yet.

While I am waiting, I will tell u about ST2 this morning. I got my pics of the queue and just had to wait 8 minutes during the rope drop. My ride I got was the rebel ship hanger at the beginning. It was so neat that one droit was looking for the spy and got a pic of one of the riders. Our next stop was the Wookie homeland Kashyke, then Geonosis space against the bounty hunter jango feet. After that was the death star scene and went inside the death stat. At the end we were back in the rebel carrier hanger. That was my first adventure on the new ST2.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #834
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
I am just waiting at the front entrance of TLM ride for the soft opening. When I got to the park at 930 and wait at the rope drop, some cms said that is is possible that they will open TLM ride. It has almost been two hours and still not open yet.
Seeing that you rode it now, are you going to try to ride LM or ST multiple times over the weekend?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #835
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Seeing that you rode it now, are you going to try to ride LM or ST multiple times over the weekend?
I plan to ride ST on Sunday during my AP Sneak Peek and I might go on it again tomorrow morning. I am hoping to get on the LM tomorrow morning if they open it.

Old 05-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #836
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Before i go to bed, here are some pics of Mickey's Soundsational Parade today at 4pm. I'm just posting some, not all of them. If you want to see the rest, you can go to my flickr on the signature below.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #837
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Hi Bret,
Your first ride on ST2 sounds great! Your parade pictures are wonderful. Such bright costumes and a bright sunny day.

How long was the parade?

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #838
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Great pictures!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #839
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi Bret,
Your first ride on ST2 sounds great! Your parade pictures are wonderful. Such bright costumes and a bright sunny day.

How long was the parade?

TK
So did u see my ST2 queue pics TK? Thank you, it was a bright sunny day all day yesterday for a great day to watch the parade.

I believe the parade was about 15 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Great pictures!!
Thank you Michele.

I got to ride the LM ride when it opened at 10am. Way better then yesterday when I had to wait until 2pm. I got to ride it 4 times today and the longest wait time I had all day today was 5 minutes.

I wrote part of my TR on my iPad and I will post it and then I will post the pics with it, so please be patient on the pics

Thank you everyone for following my live TR.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #840
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - May 27, 2011 Part 1

My brother and I left Sacramento around 8:00pm on Thursday and head straight on over to our grandmothers house in Livingston. We stayed there for only s few hours until we left around 2am in the morning. I know that is crazy to just get s little rest and drive for 5 hours to Anaheim.*

Before we got to Anaheim, I had to make a stop for my dad and drop off some stuff to his friend who lives out in LA.*

After dropping off the stuff at my dads friends house, we head on over irvine where I dropped off my brother who is staying st his gf apartment for the weekend. I will pick him up on Monday afternoon when we go back home.*

Now back to the trip to Anaheim. It took me awhile to get to Anaheim with the morning traffic. It was really bad all day that morning ever since I got in LA. I checked at the BWPPI around 8:10. That was really fast for me to get to the hotel and checked in that morning. I thought I couldn't check in until 3pm, but the front desk said that my room was available. I got lucky with my room all set up so I can drop all my stuff without leaving it in the car.

Interesting when I got my room is that it is at the end of the building and I was in room 242. This was great for me and bad for me. It was good that the roomiest right next to the pool while it is at the very end of the building.*

Now it was time to head on over to the park, since it opened at 9am I can get there during the rope drop. Outside was kind of busy with slot of guests heading on over to DL while there are some people waiting st the DCA line.

I got in the park at 8:50 just a few minutes until the park opens. On my way underneath the DLRR, I had to a pic of the new ST2 poster. Inside MS TS, it Wasserstein not that bad until I went more and more down the streets. The wait line was past carnation cafe, so I just slid through all the guests until it was too crowded.

When the rope drop was over, I head on over to ST, luckily it was open as a soft opening. I got in line around 9:02 and the line was slow at the beginning since they did not open all the lines.

I got the pics of the outside queue as well as the side room queue. It is completely different then the old ST queue with the posters. The wall paintings were way better then the old one.

Here are pics of the Starspeeder 1000. Just like the old ST one, it just has been repainted and the old monitor has been upgraded. Looks like C3p0 & R2-D2 are having problems with the Starspeeder like the old days.

When I did my trip on ST, here are my scenes for this ride. At the beginning of the tour we were in the rebel ship hanger and about to head off until the stormtroopers stopped us and then a robot put a device on the window and identified one of the guests as a rebel spy and showed her face on the monitor which was cool. Then we left the hanger along with the Milennium Falcon and were in a battle between the rebel alliance and the galactic empire. On our next trip, we were in the Wookie homeland Kashyke. When we left the surface, Yoda made an appearance and told us that we need to bring the rebel spy safely. We went through hyper space again and we were in the field of Geonosis and the bounty hunter Bubba Fett (not Jango Fett sorry) was searching for the rebel spy and was shooting at us. We were trying to escape the asteroid field and then there was the Death Star. There were TIE fighters along with Darth Vader TIE fighter. We went inside the Death Star and trying to get out. When we got outside, we saw Bubba Fett and he launched a mine at us. Then C3P0 shot the mine back at him and got him. On the last part of the tour, we were back in the rebel ship hanger and were greeted by the alliance. That was my first tour on the new Star Tours. Sorry for telling it so bad to u since I am terrible at explaining things.

After the ride, i *went over to the ST FP line which was the former BLAB FP area. When I got my FP, I had to return at 10:25 to 11:25am. I wasn't planning on using it since I will be at DCA for the other attractions.*

It was close to around 9:20 and I decided to head on over to DCA and get my WoC FP and also get lucky to ride TLM ride today since I read yesterday the DCA did a soft opening for then ride.

On the way out of DL, I had to get some pics of MS while I was walking out of the park.

When I left the park, it got kind of busy around 9:25. Since the park opened at 9am instead of the usual 8am time, I would guess that a lot of the guests went to breakfast that morning and now are entering the park.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 05-31-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Revising the ST experience

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: