Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Coffeygirl
Earning My Ears

Disney Dream May 1-5 WHAT A BLAST!

My DH, DS's (7&4) and my inlaws had the best time on our cruise. We have never cruised before, so like many of us out here I trolled the forum for every piece of info I could find and I found it very helpful. The only bad part of our trip was that Guest Services lost our pillowcases--two embroidered, personalized pillowcases. I have been in contact with DCL lost and found and they have not been able to locate them. Strange, because MIL's were delivered to her cabin and we turned them in together. Totally bummed out, as that was going to be a great momento of our trip.
We arrived at port around 11:30 and MIL wanted to try to upgrade to our deck, so after doing that, we got right on. It was very cool how they announce each family. Our rooms were ready (9130 & 9102)so we went right up, checked it all out and then headed to Cabana's for lunch. We actually missed the sail away party, believe it or not because we were eating and too busy watching the sites as we pulled out of port! Our rooms were awesome- huge! Plenty of room for our family of 4 and could easily fit 5 comfortably. The bathroom was great and my kids loved the small round tub!
Highlights of our trip: Aqua Duck- DH went about 50 times, no lie. My 4yo loved Nemos reef when he wanted a break from the kiddie pool. Pools were crowded- no doubt about it, but kids always found a place to swim! Mouse Detective Agency- kids LOVED this and I wish we had done it earlier in the trip as well-- we did it on Sea day. Castaway Cay was so relaxing-- we rented some floats,and barely used them. We just loved the warm water and hanging out as a fam. Lunch was great and the kids wanted to do the kids camp, so we hit the quiet side for an hour or so. Very peaceful and serene. Trams were all quick and plentiful too. We did Atlantis- would pay the extra $$ next time and do the water excursion. We did the beach day and we walked FOREVER and basically it was just a small beach. The aquarium was magnificient and the food was decent. Our servers were fantastic and my kids loved them. Very friendly and accomodating to my 4yo who is the pickiest eater. We did Palo one night and it was top notch. Only problem, by doing Palo we missed Animators Palate. It was a struggle to get them to find a place for us on the last night, but they finally did. Our server that night was horrible though; I don't think he knew about us in time to handle our table. Our head server was great though and made a point to come by and see if everything was ok.
I feel as if I didn't even see half the ship! I loved every minute of it though. I welcome any questions. I can't wait to go again--I didn't book online though I wish I did!! You can always cancel! I did go down the morning of debark and the desk wasn't opened yet and then I got busy trying to get ready to leave. Oh, and Shutters-- only open on debark day and only selling pictures that were pre-printed so if you want your pick of your best shots- get down to Shutters on sea day. I lucked out with some pics from CC.
We also did a FE group and it was so much fun! My kids loved delivering gifts and finding the staterooms.
Coffeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
disneycruiser22
Mouseketeer

Glad you had a great cruise! i'm going on my first one next month How were the crowds in the adult areas? how was getting a lounger? any experience? also how was the food service..i heard mixed reviews!
disneycruiser22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
mashelle
Earning My Ears

too bad about the pillowcases. I will hopefully be on the Disney dream next year. I think I like cruises better than going to the theme parks. Theme parks are fun but boy they take a lot out of a person. a cruise one can just sit and take things easy
mashelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
Coffeygirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruiser22 View Post
Glad you had a great cruise! i'm going on my first one next month How were the crowds in the adult areas? how was getting a lounger? any experience? also how was the food service..i heard mixed reviews!
I went to the adult side once and it was not crowded. It was sea day, though, and there was a lot of ppl in the pool. It looked as if there was loungers, but the bar looked packed! (It is pretty shaded too and it was hot!) The food was good- no complaints. I kept reminding myself that they are feeding 4000 people and they do a damn good job! Have a blast!
Coffeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
9102, 9130, atlantis, castaway, palo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: