Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #27
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

DAY SIX (Part 6)
WEDNESDAY - December 15, 2010

This was the first time our kids have participated in the Friendship Rocks show. The last time we cruised with Disney they did a graduation-type ceremony where the kids got t-shirts and Mickey-ear caps (very cute!). This time, they got a t-shirt (which they wear all the time). Sadly, I read they won’t be doing the kid show/graduation on the new ships (For anyone that has been on the Dream … did they have a kid club graduation????). We got to the Walt Disney Theatre early enough that we were in the second row. Soon it was time for the show to start. It was hosted by two CMs and of course Mickey and Minnie made an appearance. All the kids were led onto stage for some songs and a firework of confetti shot out. There was a movie of pictures the CMs took during our cruise to showcase what the kids did in the clubs. As much as our kids were in the clubs, I found it odd there wasn’t a single picture of them in the photo montage. Then again, who says this movie was taken during our cruise. I didn’t hear any parents around us saying, “there’s my kid”, like we normally hear. The show was cute, but I personally like the old show better. Once the show was over, the CMs took the kids back to the clubs where the parents could pick them up. We had dinner in thirty minutes. So, we rushed to pick-up the kids and took them back to the stateroom for a quick clothing change and we were ready for our last dinner onboard at Parrot Cay. I’m not going to get sad right now, we still have tonight to enjoy.
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 09/Hawaii ~ Aulani or Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: