DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
quentina
The bridge has been built and crossed
Old cups are just that.......old cups

Annoyed.....

Just got back from another great trip to HHI.

I booked 5 nights on points, Saturday night on cash. Confirmation says room rate is $200.00 plus tax. I felt this was amazing as we had a 2 bedroom and are used to paying in excess of $350 for the room.

So, when I check in, she tells me my room is $299.79 (or something like that). I tell her it is 200$ however; I cannot locate my confirmation paper. I tell her that I have it at home and she states, OK....I need to charge you the $300, when you find it, fax to this number and we will refund.

So, I pay the $300, check out and come home. Today, I look more closely at my checkout bill and realize that I paid $399 for the room...express checkout....should have looked more closely there. I call them, tell them I have my confirmation paper and am going to fax over for the credit. Today, they tell me I need to go through the research department to confirm that I am holding my original confirmation.

I call MS and they tell me the room rate is 299$. I ask why the confirmation and verbal quote while making reservation says 200. She tells me that it is subject to change???? Is that for real?? There is no disclosure on the form stating that. Anyone ever experience?

At this point, it is $200 in question versus the original $100.00. Lesson learned, never leave home without confirmation slip!
quentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Subject to change after you have booked it? That seems a bit out of line to say the least. I find that very hard to believe - I don't think I've ever heard of that at any hotel, and do not believe any Disney resorts have such a practice.

The only reason (and I would consider it unacceptable) I could think of is something related to DVC Member cash bookings vs. external cash bookings.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
quentina
The bridge has been built and crossed
Old cups are just that.......old cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
Subject to change after you have booked it? That seems a bit out of line to say the least. I find that very hard to believe - I don't think I've ever heard of that at any hotel, and do not believe any Disney resorts have such a practice.

The only reason (and I would consider it unacceptable) I could think of is something related to DVC Member cash bookings vs. external cash bookings.
I booked right at the 11 month window. THe cash night was with the member discount. I am going to argue it tomorrow with the research dept (they were closed when I tried to call). If there was a disclosure stating that the rate was not out etc.....I would be ok but, it clearly stated $200.00
quentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Email the DVC Satisfaction Team at:

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Include your problem, name, member#, phone#. They will call you back in a couple of days.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

I know if you book a cash (CRO not thru Member Services) room at WDW, and if rates have not been released for that time period yet, they quote you the highest current rate for the year - like a Christmas time rate - and tell you it's subject to change. But for most people, their rate then comes down when actual rates are released.

That's the only similar thing I can think of - that rates weren't released yet and somewhere there's some boilerplate that says it's subject to change. But if it doesn't, I would definitely make a case for why it's wrong.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #6
TisBit
DIS Veteran

If you have a confirmation with the $200 rate, I would file a credit card dispute if you don't get resolution through the research department. The referral to research may just be a technicality....in that they are the only ones authorized to issue a credit under these circumstances...and hopefully it will all go quickly and smoothly.
TisBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #7
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

If you reserved it last summer, the 2011 rates had probably not been set yet and they just held it at the 2010 rate. Did you pay the one night rate as a deposit at that time? That might hold some weight.

We did the same thing last summer for a trip in a few weeks without making any deposit but I was aware that this was the 2010 rate and the 2011 would be different. I think the new system now requires a deposit for any cash nights just like regular Disney reservations.

Good luck getting this resolved.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #8
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I hope the issue is resolved and you get some sort of satisfation. Just having to deal with it would sour my memories of the vacation.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
Conan the Librarian
Been Visting the Mouse since 1972

We were short 6 points for our trip in October, so, we rented 6 points for $15 each.

It's a great service.

Next time, make sure you ask about doing that.

Geek the Library! I Geek Astronomy!

s his

Before 2010 too many trips to count starting in 1972

2010 Feb (off site), May SSR, Oct HHI.
2011 May SSR, Oct HHI
2012 Feb (off site), May SSR
2013 Feb OKW, May SSR, Dec Ft. W

2004 POR-Pop Century(May),POR (Oct), Ft Wilderness(Dec) 2005 HH(Jan), way off site(Feb), POR-Polynesian(May), Carribbean Beach(Oct), POP (Nov for Three Dog Night), Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2006 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)2007 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2008 HHI (Jan), Daytrip (Feb), SS (May), BV? (Oct)
2009 POP(Feb)WLV (Mar), SSR(May), SSR(Sept), FtW (Dec), HHI?(Dec)
Conan the Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #10
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TisBit View Post
If you have a confirmation with the $200 rate, I would file a credit card dispute if you don't get resolution through the research department. The referral to research may just be a technicality....in that they are the only ones authorized to issue a credit under these circumstances...and hopefully it will all go quickly and smoothly.
Yes I would do this too. I have had to do this twice once it was ruled in my favor once not. If you have a paper with price and conf# it should go in your favor and money will be put back onto your card until the decision is made.

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: