Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
mom2pixies
DIS Veteran

Surprises at Cinderella's Royal Table?

I saw something on one of the websites (although for the life of me, I can't remember where it was now!) that stated that a surprise is currently included in the Cinderella's Royal Table meal package. For recent visitors, what is the surprise--and are they still offering it? Do you know for how long it will be offered?

Also, what special things do they do to recognize a little girl's birthday--a surprise cupcake? My daughter may be going on a Make-a-Wish trip for her birthday and I'd like to make reservations there. Wondering what will be included, as I may consider ordering a special little cake instead.

Thanks.
mom2pixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
disneyquestions
DIS Veteran

I know the girls get a star wand, and the boys get a sward. But other than that, I don't know of anything thats a "suprise."

As far as your suprise cupcake question - I don't know if they will do anything, but I know you can order something special. I believe for CRT you have to order through Disney Contemporary Resort : 407-824-1000. That is their phone number for the cake hotline. If you go over to the restaurant part, you will find a thread called Cake Chatter (I think thats the name) and you can see pic of custom cakes ordered by guests, and the prices. They ain't cheap, but its a wonderful extra suprise for your little one!!! Have a great trip!!!!

Last edited by disneyquestions; 05-11-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Had to add more!!
disneyquestions is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
acomasdiaz
DIS Veteran

One year, for my DD's birthday we ordered a cake for her at al Cinderella's Royal Table. That year, we also had a special package from the Disney Florist delivered to her at dinner.

Another year, we didn't order a cake there but they did bring her a small round cake ball. It was chocolate with a hard white shell and sprinkles.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
atmail35
Mouseketeer

I don't know if this is normally included or not, I'm guessing it is. Each child gets a "wishing star", it's a flat star sort of like a light paperweight. They have the children swirl their magic wands over it and make a wish. They take that and the wand home.

DD had her birthday lunch at CRT last week. The dessert options include a decorate your own cupcake (or ice cream sundae). The cupcake is pretty big and pretty....with purple frosting. You get marshmallows, sprinkles and chocolate chips to decorate it with and a mickey head white chocolate on top. Our server did bring a candle and light it and we sang Happy Birthday.

ETA: This was at lunch....I suppose they don't have a cupcake at breakfast.
atmail35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
mom2pixies
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info, everyone! The wand and star must be the 'surprise' then.

I'll check out the cakes, but if they are too pricey, then I'll simply ask the servers to stick a candle in the decorate-own-cupcake treat. My daughter would definitely choose anything she could decorate herself! She'll be delighted one way or another.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Was there almost 2 weeks ago and the girls geta wand and boys the sword. then they get a wishing star and if it's your b-day, they get a cupcake. We ordered for our girls a chocolate slipper filled with mousse on a square of cake and a side of strawberries and that was 12.50 each plus 18%tip(added automaticly) It cost us something like $44 for the 3 slippers.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
disneyquestions
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pletprincesses View Post
Was there almost 2 weeks ago and the girls geta wand and boys the sword. then they get a wishing star and if it's your b-day, they get a cupcake. We ordered for our girls a chocolate slipper filled with mousse on a square of cake and a side of strawberries and that was 12.50 each plus 18%tip(added automaticly) It cost us something like $44 for the 3 slippers.
Who did you call to order that?
disneyquestions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I called the Disney cake line and listenned to the options. One of them is to order a cake from CRT and I got to speak to a lady who then sent me an email and we communicated that way. You have the choice of white or dark chocolate slipper and can ask them to write something around the plate. Worth evey penny just to see my DDs face when they saw them.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #9
daisyduck123
I just love those parmesan mashed potatoes at Chef Mickey's!
I don't know how to cut & paste
Disney has made my family & I "park snobs"

We got the wands & wishing star last year...nothing new.
Jan 2006 Pop CenturyMay 2005 Pop Century May 2004 Pop Century Dec 1976 Off Site
daisyduck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
mom2pixies
DIS Veteran

Love the chocolate slipper idea!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #11
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmail35 View Post
I don't know if this is normally included or not, I'm guessing it is. Each child gets a "wishing star", it's a flat star sort of like a light paperweight. They have the children swirl their magic wands over it and make a wish. They take that and the wand home.

DD had her birthday lunch at CRT last week. The dessert options include a decorate your own cupcake (or ice cream sundae). The cupcake is pretty big and pretty....with purple frosting. You get marshmallows, sprinkles and chocolate chips to decorate it with and a mickey head white chocolate on top. Our server did bring a candle and light it and we sang Happy Birthday.

ETA: This was at lunch....I suppose they don't have a cupcake at breakfast.
We took both of our children to WDW for their birthday's this past December (their real birthdays are in November, but had to wait for DH to get time off from work). Both wanted to eat at CRT. Both kids had on their birthday buttons and both were brought a birthday cupcake at breakfast.

It was a very nice surprise and for special occassions I don't mind them eating cupcakes at breakfast.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #12
atmail35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
We took both of our children to WDW for their birthday's this past December (their real birthdays are in November, but had to wait for DH to get time off from work). Both wanted to eat at CRT. Both kids had on their birthday buttons and both were brought a birthday cupcake at breakfast.

It was a very nice surprise and for special occassions I don't mind them eating cupcakes at breakfast.
Fabulous that they offer cupcakes at breakfast! Gotta love Disney
atmail35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #13
dntd
Mouseketeer

The glass slipper dessert was enough for two kids to share, my two kids love it and even shared with me as they were full from breakfast.
dntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #14
mom2pixies
DIS Veteran

Good to know about the chocolate slipper! What about the little princess treasure box cake? Anyone ever order that? Expensive? Tiny? Worth it?
Old 05-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #15
mom2pixies
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if they have keepsake menus or placemats at CRT, as well? I'm a scrapbooker, so I like to keep these little things as momentos to add to the scrapbook.

Thanks!

Tags
birthday, cinderella, crt, surprise, wish trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: